Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #17  
"In other words IF those old bones get up they're not a threat?" Abbadon's disregard for life and death was probably one thing that they would never share. But then again after the war his father was never the same. Would time change Sid for the worst?

"Right about then was when people realized demons were the real problem. The few left were strong and desperate after seeing everything destroyed." Did you learn a lesson from that Abbadon? So many centuries later and the humans probably forgot. But the memory of elves are long. News of a rogue demon binded to another elf would have all the communities in an uproar.

Sid's foot caught on a vine, although he couldn't see it one druid had used it as a noose came down upon his head. "Aerdrie!" he shrieked. The little elf frantically threw the bones off him with a psychokinetic spell. The force of it was weak but powerful enough to knock down some more skeletons from the branch above him. They came tumbling down in a bizzare mix of clatter and thud sounds. The little elf was quick to sprint away with a cloud of dust at his heels. The cloud washed over them as Sid stood behind the bigger man.
Old Posted 03-27-2014, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
“Well if those bones in particular got up, it wouldn’t be for long. It’s been hundreds of years. I bet they turn to dust if you breathed on them.”

The Demon walked around and yawned. He was kind of bored. This was not what he had in mind when he was freed. Then again he didn’t expect to be bound to an elf. He made a note to ask the elf what he did to actually summon and bind him. His ears perked up when the other spoke about the dwellers discovering demons having a hand in their wars. The Demon chuckled and held his hands up as if to say ‘guilty as charged’.

“Well those few were idiots then. I continued fighting even as that stupid mage was sealing me away. I…. uh left a few presents for this world. The plague was one of them... I wonder if the others are doing as good...”

He was in deep thought for a moment as he tried to remember exactly what it was he set on the world as a ‘going away present’. He was staring at the elf, who tripped on a knotted vine that was used as a noose. Then piles of bones came crashing down. The Demon began cackling madly. It was the funniest thing he had ever see.

“I can’t believe even when killing themselves the Druids looked to nature! Gods that’s the funniest thing I have ever seen. You look like a fool Master!”

The Demon doubled over and laughed harder.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-27-2014, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #19  
[[-squee- I want to play this moment in a video game]]

A faint cacophony of voices carried in the air "You...you who ruined me."

Sid turned every shade of embarrassed until the red was so deep it was almost purple. "Oh just shut up!" A little upset but smiling despite himself.

"STOP. LAUGHING!" The voices shook the core of the tree, Sid could feel the soft ground shaking under his feet. The dust gathered in nine separate little dust devils. The remaining skeletons fell from other vines and turned to dust as well. As more dust collected they spun faster, taking a sickly green hue.

"Abbadon they might not be a threat to you but I have no idea how to defend myself against that!" Sid had his stave in ready. They were dust so maybe a shield compressed air? Somehow despite the dust devils the air was completely still. The trunk wasn't nearly open enough to make this spell easy. 'What do I do?!'
Old Posted 03-28-2014, 11:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
The moment the voices shouted at the Demon, he stopped laughing. He looked at the dust tornadoes that had been created. Oops, maybe the elf was right about that tormented souls staying in their place or what have you. Well this is a turn of unfortunate events. The demon sighed. He looked over to the elf, he was quite frightened. The Demon had nearly forgotten that the elf was still a novice mage. ‘Crap,’ he thought. ‘Not sure what’s going to happen to me if he dies. But I’m not in the mood to find out.’

Using Telekinesis, the Demon pushed the elf to the farthest corner and then covered him with a ‘Shield of Aegis’ spell.

“You stay there and watch. I’ll handle the whiney cur.”

The Demon turned around and sighed. He cracked his knuckles.

“Now where were we?”
It's me.
Old Posted 03-29-2014, 01:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #21  
"You killed us." said a voice.

"My own turned on me." said another. "

A louder voice "Enough old fools let's just kill him!" The green wisp on Abbadon's right became an image of a young man probably in his mid-twenties. His features might've been handsome except the scowl he made through a face that looked as if it had been eaten by crows.

In life the other druid spirits might have shown more reason but the many years trapped on the mortal plane left them with only their grief turned into rage. Every one of them charged save for one who instead created a burly humanoid creature from vines, dirt, and various loose materials in the trunk. It was still forming by the time the other eight were upon Abbadon with various weaponry.
Old Posted 03-29-2014, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
“Whine, whine, whine, is that all you buggers ever do?”

The Demon chuckled hearing them argue amongst one another. He watched as they all took form. Oh yes he remembered them. Wow they looked pretty ugly with the plague covering their bodies. He yawned, unamused as eight of them charged him. He looked over at the one creating the giant familiar. He rolled his eyes dramatically.

“If you think that hunk of dirt and vine is supposed to scare me then you haven’t learned anything from your deaths. I’ve seen worse in the underworld, the heat itself there is monstrous, how about I show you?”

As quickly as he said that he busted into flames. The flames grew larger and larger; the flames were a bright blue. The flames began to consume the entire temple. Sid would be quite safe in the shield the Demon made for him. He saw to it that it could withstand his flames.

“The flames of the underworld as said to be so hot that they burn the souls that are sent there.”

The demon said in a creepy monster like voice, it seems to reverberate through out the now burning halls. The heat was quite intense you could see it melt the very walls. The Tree combusted instantaneously, falling apart at the seams. The souls who were close to the Demon were totally engulfed by the flames. Soon the whole temple was one fire.

It was here the demon had to think quickly. He knew the mages would be able to sense his magic from afar. Not only that they will see the flames rising from the swamp. Once he knew that the spirits were destroyed he would quickly morph into a griffin and fly the elf out safely.

“Master! Quickly as soon as these spirits are destroyed I need you to guide me to another place. These flames will destroy this swamp. And the Mages are probably alerted. I hope they will believe that we’ve perished in the fire. You better think quickly, because this is all happening in a matter of seconds.”

The Demon shouted in the elf’s mind. This was serious matter and if they were to survive this needed to be done now.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-29-2014, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #23  
Sid thought the ghost were a terrible sight to behold what Abbadon unleashed next was worse. The fire eat away at everything faster than it ought to. But it never touched him. The demon made sure he was safe, that's what he asked for. But to see, again, just how little regard he had for anything made Sid's temper flare up like the room. "What?! You must think a kid like me has safe havens hidden over the whole bloody planet!" Sid bit any other words he might've had though. Abbadon was right they needed to get away. While the fire couldn't touch him the wood around him might.

The wooden monstrosity one of the spirits summoned was burning but not done yet. In one final act of vengeance the spirit command it hurl bits of itself towards to yelling elf. The elf was apparently important to the demon for some reason. Before the last spirit died he smiled. The debris did it's job. Once Abbadon turned to see his master he would first notice the elf was outside the barrier. Secondly he was on the floor and bleeding.

Sid couldn't figure where he was. For a moment he thought the fire was of his home but that had happened already. Then he realized he couldn't breath, not properly. His eye and neck both burned. The tightness in his chest didn't relent no matter how he groaned or tried to move himself. 'Get up. Get up' But even when he almost did Sid started to feel faint, almost cold. The tattoo on his arm started to come alive; it shifted about but as of yet it wasn't doing anything.
Old Posted 03-30-2014, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
The Demon turned and saw the elf on the floor. He extinguished himself almost immediately. He used his telekinesis and removed the heavy burning wood off of him. The Demon cursed himself for being overly confident. He should’ve casted a duel spell, but if he did he wouldn’t have been able to caste his fire spell to the degree he had it to. But now he was paying the price. He didn’t know any healing spells. He couldn’t use holy spells; he burst into flames if he did. What was he going to do? He picked up the elf from the ground and took him outside and away from the rest of the burning structure.

He started running off into a different direction than the temple, but not towards the school. The school! Maybe someone there knew healing magic. Someone only the elf trusted. But who? The Demon sensed that the elf was still conscious. He attempted to establish a connection with him.

“Master please, I know you’re in pain but listen. Who at the academy knows healing magic? I can’t use holy magic, I’ll die. But someone at your school can. Who is it? Show me an image of them with your mind and I’ll bring them here. Please we don’t have time!”

The Demon was worried that if they shared life-forces both of them will die. And Abaddon had no intentions of dying here because of an elf.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-30-2014, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #25  
"Mamil" he said weakly. A woman was holding him. She was beautiful and willowy like all elf women were with her blond hair and blue eyes. Sid stared into those caring eyes then they morphed into a hellish yellow. "Damn you." The elf muttered but he couldn't really think straight. Sid had his feelings left to him and he didn't like seeing Abbadon in distress, demon or not.

Sid was trying to remember someone with healing magic. The nurses would but he couldn't bring their faces into his mind. They were static figures in an empty room. "Thauron" He remembered another kind elf though he didn't know him. The elf in his memory was full grown, a ranger perhaps or just some wanderer. Sid only had his name and was grateful for his help when some humans of varying ages had cornered him in an alleyway and beat the crap out of him. This Thauron healed a few cuts but considering how beat up Sid was maybe some internal injuries were taken care of as well.
Old Posted 03-30-2014, 09:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
“Are they even people you trust? Oh what does it matter? Either one will work.”

The Demon attempted to spawn the woman elf his master mentioned. Only he could not. It seems where ever she was; it was a place The Demon couldn’t reach. Oh well, next he tried the male elf, the called Thauron.

Using his shadow magic, The Demon abducted the male elf wherever he was and transported him back to the now burning swamp.

“Listen mortal, we do not have much time. This young man states that you are trustworthy. He needs to be healed; he is quite damaged on my account. I don’t have any knowledge in healing magic. Please heal him and when you do I shall return you whence you came.”

The Demon wasn’t in the mood to force the elf to heal him. But if the elf said no, there would be hell to pay.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-31-2014, 04:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #27  
Thauron was standing one moment on a human airship then next his footing nearly slipped on soft dirt. The smell of something buring assaulted his nostrils but it was not as repugnant what he saw. The older elf held on to the belief that sweet little SĂ­dhondir was merely a victim to that hate-filled teacher of his. Perhaps that was still true, but the demon seemed to care about Sid and there was only one reason that could be.

The elf eye's darted only a split second as he assessed his situation. But he hurried into action nonetheless. "You were reckless demon. I will heal Sid, but I am not leaving my charge. If you send me away I will find him and I will bring others with me."

'You know which choice is better for you demon.'

Thauron lifted Sid gently with a similar telekinetic spell as Abbadon's. He started the healing spell as he was being pulled away from the demon so the faint aura would burn the vile creature, just a little. Elf healing magic differed some from humans. They were thankfully still in the swamp- similar to the home of both the elves and once home to druids. A green aura floated out from the plants surrounding them and traveled gently, yet swiftly, into Sid. Sid's body tensed, he looked like he would scream but nothing came out of his mouth. Over the next minute or so his body knitted itself back together

The advantage of this kind of magic was that it took very little toll on Thauron so he could resist the demon should its will be opposite of his own.

Normally Thauron would attack it at this point but while he had potent spells against hell spawned filth Thauron had no training to subduing a demon. Until he could ascertain the situation it was better for Sid to remain alive and thus Abbadon needed to be well enough to get them away from here.

"Humans are coming now on their airships. The school's ships aren't fast like the military models so we can run ahead long enough to slip. If you trust me I can find us a place in the swamp they will overlook." Thauron handed Sid over again to the demon. If there was a time Abbadon could send Thauron away it would be now.

The elf looked back, "I hope you are as sure footed as you seem strong. The place I am looking for is not easy to get to."
Old Posted 04-03-2014, 08:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
“Just do what I asked you to do.”

The Demon said rolling his eyes. Maybe it was because of being banished hundreds of years or even not having a soul is what made The Demon sounded so disconnected with emotions. Even as his master lay injured The Demon found another way to be even more reckless. He still felt the need to assert himself among the mortal kind. The Demon sighed and was in the motion of folding his arms when he felt the burning light of the older elf’s healing magic against his forearm. Abaddon hissed and turned away to assess the damage, it was a pretty bad burn. He turned to the elder elf, eyes looking like mere slits and sharp teeth bearing.

“Filthy long eared leprechaun!”

He stood glaring at the elf until he mentioned trusting him and taking him and the unconscious elf to a safe haven in the swamp. Abaddon looked at him incredulously and began to laugh. He continued to laugh until he sounded like a hyena. Abaddon eventually calmed down and shook his head, still grinning.

“Right, like I should trust someone who just burned me? Right? You expect me to do such a thing? Ha! You make me laugh.”

The Demon anxiously took his master back in his arms. Better out of the other’s incase the older elf wanted to flee with him. He could take the ships out himself, but that would require massive amounts of magic. Abaddon had been showing off a bit, scaring the little elf with his destructive magic. It seems it may be catching up to him. He needed time to build up his magic again, time that could be killed if he went along with the older elf. Abaddon didn’t like this guy at all,

‘You could trust him as far you could throw him.’
Still he needed time and he really needed to get Sid out of the swamp to save his own hide. Well then, fine he would go along with this ‘Thauron’ and get Sid to safety. Then he would rid himself of this nuisance once they were free. But first, he needed to make sure that the elf didn’t try any funny business. He had a feeling he should’ve just sent him back, but he didn’t have any other option.

“Alright lead the way, it shouldn’t be too much trouble. So long as I am uninjured in anyway or else…poor Sid here will face vast consequence, gruesome consequences.”

The Demon grinned his teeth glinting brightly, ready to render flesh if need be.

“And we wouldn’t want that now would we?”

The Demon said in a mocking tone, as a mother would to a child. Speaking gibberish to a child in a high tone ‘cutesy’ voice to make the child laugh. He hoped the other got the message because they were going to get off the wrong foot if he didn’t.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-03-2014, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #29  
[[haha I love his insultxD
Also that trap spell Thauron did is meant to keep Abbadon wandering in circles. Essentially the bog itself will try to keep him from leaving. ]]

Thauron took a malicious delight in the demon insulting him though his body language never let that show. His training was too strict to allow such. Besides would the pleasure really be malicious if it was a demon?
"You could do plenty to me. But right now I'm advantageous enough for you to bide your time. Demons are good at that I hear so I better hope I'm lucky enough to win when the time comes."

The elf couldn't help taking the threat seriously, at first that is, Thauron had already turned on the demon in an instant. But then he only smiled back. It was a short smile, one that quickly vanished into the elf's stern face. "I don't know why yet but you need him alive. Sure you can hurt him to hurt me but...the only reason I need Sid alive is political." The elf was calm, practically clinical when he spoke. How the Sid reacted when he woke up would tell him plenty. Thauron also knew Sid better than the demon did. Things thus far relied on the demon's patience. Something he was pushing already.

About an hour later Thauron found the spot he was looking for. It wasn't a specific spot per se. Like Sid this swamp was unfamiliar to him, but it shared similar traits.

"Here. The place is saturated with magic so they shouldn't detect us." Using his index finger Thauron drew a protection spell over Sid. He and the demon were experienced enough to resist the effects of the dense magical aura of these bogs but the boy was not only inexperienced but too young. The chances were unlikely but even a weak one like Sid could gain massive and uncontrolled power here. Especially considering the boy's lineage Thauron didn't want to risk it.

After finishing the initial protection spell Thauron did two more: one to ensure the demon couldn't leave the bog without his consent, second to ensure he couldn't be killed without consequences.

The spells were rapidly done and, he hoped, effectively cast. The effort of it of course sapped his strength considerably. Thauron lied against a trunk helplessly as he started to grow faint. If at least the second spell worked properly there was still a very good chance he would live through the night. It is too late to back down though. He played his hand and now it was the demon's turn. Thauron prayed to his gods that he was crafty enough even for a demon as the world went out.
Last edited by Kenai; 04-04-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
((yeah i wanted to use fairy but leprechaun sounded more funny. Uhm could you explain what each of the spells did exactly? I'm confused. I thought Thauron casted a trap on the demon and I have this half typed thing and now I gotta start over because im confused :"c))
It's me.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #31  
[[I"m sorry, I did try to keep it understandable. >_< The holy trap is weak but should leave Sid unscathed while harming Abbadon if he disables to tracking spell. I don't know what the consequences are yet but it's another trap spell that activates if Thauron dies. It won't be powerful in itself since he is casting all these spells at once though so probably something to do with the swamp.

The first spell is like...Mirkwood forest from The Hobbit movie I guess. The immediate surround swamp conspires to keep them trapped there in any way in can. Thauron is one of the few remaining modern druids so it's not a common spell. He's killable but I'd rather he dies after some interactions with Sid to further to plot after his death (but I haven't planned how/why. I'm just prepping us to avoid a writing into a corner).

Also about the protection spell placed on Sid. The bog is like the Dagobah swamp Yoda hides in in the original star wars. Where the "force" is especially strong and has an effect on force sensitives. The only reason it would affect Sid so profoundly is because he's still so young and so the veil between worlds is thin for him.

I didn't mean for this to be so complicated it just happened. LIke I combined a bunch of ideas from other people's stories into there. I'll cut it out if you want me to. There is such a thing as too complicated I know. and also perhaps this is close to god-modding in a sense I made Thauron this powerful?

Did I cover everything? ^_^;;; ]]
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 01:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
(( yeah, no 'tis fine. I think having too many spells over complicates things. Like I thought there was this ring of holy magic trapping abaddon in. and i had him do this whole self monolouge and admitting to kinda accepting sid as his master and how he grew on him, then i reread it and i got cofuzzled. So maybe 2 spells at most should be used instead of four. Maybe pick the two you like the best. Don't worry about the protection spell. I don't count that as it is heavily needed. Just so it's not too complicated. I'll reply in the morning. I'm tired.))
It's me.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote