Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default 1x1 [Eros & Kenai] FIREBALL! Nope it's a demon =\   #1  
Name: Sídhondir Uiron (aka Sid)
Magic: Divination, Alchemy, Protection Spells
Skills: Archery, Fishing
Race: Elf
Biography: Sid was sent to a human school for to learn wizardry. Not because their schools were better but to improve relations between the races. He was chosen for his agreeable nature and good wisdom for his age. The young elf hails from the Eastern woods human unfortunately named Siltgreaves. It is a constantly changing place of rivers, swamplands, and coasts. Sid himself excels in alchemy and is pretty strong in divination. Other schools of magic though could be considered average yet a little weak.
Appearance:
Last edited by Kenai; 04-09-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old Posted 03-18-2014, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
BASIC INFORMATION

Name: “Abaddon”
Gender/Sex: Genderless/Formerly Male
Magic: Destruction, Necromancy, Shifting, Curse, Astral Projection, Illusion, Summon, Teleportation, and Shadow.
Race/Species: Human (formerly)/Demon
Biography: Abaddon was originally a human many centuries ago. At some point he made a deal with a demon in order to gain powers. When it was time for the demon to collect the other’s soul and Abaddon attempted to escape but he could not. He lost his soul and became a soulless slave to the demon. Slowly he bided time until he was able to overpower the demon. What he didn’t know was that if the demon you contracted dies, the one who defeated the demon must take it’s place. At that point he was transformed into a demon. Trapped in underworld until he would be summoned for contracts.

APPEARANCE

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 205lbs.
Eye Color: (Formerly) Blue/Yellow
Hair Color:(Formerly)Blonde/Raven
Skin Color: (Formerly)Tanned/Pale

Distinguishing Features: Many scars placed around his arms, legs, and a large one down his back. Most of these are from training and a majority from his battle with the demon. There is a patch of hair on his right eyebrow that refuses to grow back. It’s a straight line vertically. He has a Greek shaped nose that has a scar from being broken once. He is average build, well fit. He has pointed teeth, and he puts them to use by tearing into meat and flesh. He has wings that he can manifest and fly for a certain amount of time. There is a tattoo that wraps around his left arm, which is what binds him to the Elf’s every command. Pointed ears, not as long as an elf’s but longer than human shaped ears.

CLOTHING

Tops: Abaddon doesn’t really wear a shirt, but he wears a black cloth that wraps around his torso loosely.
Bottoms: Loose white pants that cut off at his ankles.
Shoes:N/A prefers going barefoot.
Accessories: Gold cuffed bands on his upper arms, rings on all of his fingers, and golden bracelets on his ankles.
It's me.
Last edited by Him; 03-23-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #3  
Sid did not like is elemental magics teacher. The blusterous old man seemed kindly at first but behind the smile was an age old hate for elves. Technically class had already ended but the little elf was all that remained of the class; the only one not to cast a fireball spell. Students looked in pity or amusement as they finished their assignment first.

"THAT PITIFUL SPELL WOULDN'T MELT MERCURY!" he bellowed. Sid was starting to wear out. Every time he'd get some fire formed and they would pool towards an epicenter but for some reason it was like the "net" he was catching the fire in would always come loose.

This time Sid tried another way. It would make the teacher angry for sure but he never said the fireball had to be casted standing still. Sid took the training stave and drew a circle in front of him. Placing the stave in the middle of it he pulled back, drawing energy into the circle, then forcefully pushed. The instant he did though he felt something was wrong. It was a simple focus but part of it was missing! Sid noticed too late. What was supposed to be a fireball shooting from the tip was a small portal maybe the size of a wagon's wheel.

Fire exploded in front of him, sending both the elf and man sprawling. The fire itself didn't stop immediately but instead came pouring out of the portal. Sid could swear it was getting bigger! "Master Dillamond what do we do?" the elf asked fearfully.
Old Posted 03-22-2014, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
For as long as the Demon called Abaddon could remember he was floating around in a dark wasteland. The only light seemed to be coming from the souls the burned within the vicinity. How brightly they burned, how quickly they extinguished it was all the same for the demon. Oh how he missed the middle world. Long ago he would roam around the middle world making contracts with foolish creatures that came his way. Usually it was the same thing, power. Everyone wanted power and he would gladly give it to him or her, for a price. For the price of ones individuality, their spirit, their very core he can have his or her hearts desires.

A lot of wars were caused because of Abaddon and many others like him, even the one versus the ones called man and elves. It all started when Abaddon granted an elf control of his people’s land. It then escalated to him seeking new land and completely taking it over and the inhabitants. Which were the humans at the time. Humans became fed up with the Elves and wanted freedom, another demon was more than happy to supply them with the powers to defeat their enemy.

At some point in time it was realized that demons had a hand in the war and most were hunted and sealed back into their own dimension. Abaddon was eventually caught and sealed by a skilled magician, but not before causing mass destruction, which gave him the name ‘Abaddon’. Ever since then he wallowed in misery. He missed the middle world, he missed causing trouble for the middle dwellers, and he missed his home. He too was a creature of the middle world…but those memories are all forgotten. It had been so long that he’d even forgotten his own name and what he looked like. It didn’t matter when you were a demon. You could shift into any form you wanted so eventually he would forget what form was his original one.

He sighed he was bored all and all. There had to be something to do. Even a sign would do, something to give him some type of entertainment. That’s when it happened. His arm began to burn as a magic of some sort wrapped itself around said appendage. In the vast sea of darkness was a light before him. It began to grow slowly to a size big enough to fit himself through it. The scent coming through it was awfully familiar.

“The middle world!” the demon exclaimed. A portal had opened to the middle world at last. This was an opportunity the demon wished not to waste. He floated overt to the portal and stepped through it as quickly as he could. The flames from the burning souls also followed him into the portal and exploded on impact. He was not injured but the flame nearly grew out of control. Abaddon easily controlled the flamed and extinguished them. The portal closed behind him after sometime. During which he took his time to survey the area. It had been many centuries since he was last here. He did not recognize his surroundings. It seemed he was inside something. Maybe a structure, like many of the simple homes the newly settled wanderers built. However, this structure seemed to be advanced. It seemed sturdier and seemed to be durable. He wondered how far the middle dweller had advanced in technology. He knew how far they would get but like many demons he was unable to see the present, only the past and the future. He wasn’t even sure the year.

The demon’s ear twitched when he heard a voice from behind him. He slowly turned to have two pairs of eyes on the ground. One pair belonged to an elderly man; the other pair belonged to an elf. Abaddon couldn’t help but grin at both dwellers. His smile grew wide, wide enough to show off his pearly canine teeth. They were practically razor sharp.

“Well isn’t this a wonderful surprise. I wonder who’s hand it was that has summoned here? You,”
The demon looked on two both men.

“Which one of you have summoned me here. And what is it that you desire from the demon Abaddon.” The demon looked on, as he demanded answers from the two. They were the only ones in the room as far as he knows the only two here in this structure. One of them must have summoned him here. He could not do it himself as for he was sealed and could not open a portal of his own.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-23-2014, 05:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #5  
[[Wow your post is a lot better than mine! =D By the way is three of his physical traits are opposites. Which one is it? By the way you can harm Dillamond, but don't actually kill him. He may be a useful plot point later on.]]

Sid was too terrified to speak. He had actually summoned a demon using the simplest focus and a fireball spell. The master wizard though had some experience with demons. He knew there was no lying to it and he knew there was no chance of sealing it. Not in this room and certainly not by himself. The magnitude of the demon's power washed over him. 'I will hold firm' he thought. The classroom was afire, there wasn't anything he had to do before help arrived.

He gave Sid a sharp look before he took a step forward. Using is most carrying voice the master spoke up, "Demon, I am Master Dillamond. Teacher of this elf here." The was the slightest nod, that pathetic show of respect was all he could muster. His hatred for such a creature burned hot as this room. "I know only little about demons and contracts. Best we take it such a conversation where we're not like to burn alive eh?" the old man added with a chuckle.

"Sid, boy!" Sid felt a light whack on his shoulder. The young elf nodded and stood up without taking his eyes off the demon. "I-I did. How?"

Before he could say anything more the space where the portal was became a band of light and fire. It unraveled and drew itself around the demon and Sid. The elf yelped with fear but didn't burn. His body resisted moving towards the demon but his spirit wasn't strong enough. It felt strange standing in one place and feeling yourself plucked into the air and floating forward. Everything afterwards was a rush of thoughts, not only his owns but presumably the demon's. Then it was over. Sid was back in his body wincing at the pain on his left arm. "Fire!!" he yelped trying to shake the flame off him like bug.
Old Posted 03-23-2014, 08:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
((haha no that's correct. The first half with (formerly) Are his human traits. The second half is his trait now as a demon. And thanks! Yours looked really cool so I wanted to be on your level of writing.))

The demon took note of the older man speaking. He seemed to have a charming outlook, however the Demon could feel the negative energy deep from within the aging body. He seemed old enough probably struggled with the bitter struggle between the elves and man. His ignorance and hatred was burning, so much to a point that it radiated. The Demon felt a little sorry for the elf. He was not the cause of the events that had taken place, and yet the elves that would come after would suffer the most.

The pity was only momentarily, returning to this world he had mixed feelings. Many have already died down already. He chuckled coldly, it could send shivers down anyone spine who had heard it.

“You don’t seem to enjoy being this elf’s instructor. Perhaps this one might behold resentment to one who is born with arcane proficiency? Or perhaps it stems from the hundred years of strife between both man and elf?”

Abaddon’s pupils, looking as normal as the two before him now appeared cat like. He then turned his attention to the elf before him. He reasoned based on what the elderly man said, that the elf was the one to summon him. But the elf wasn’t exactly sure how he managed to summon the Demon either.

The portal behind him began to glow brightly as a fire burning in an open field. The portal transformed into threads and began to wrap themselves around both the Demon and the newly elven Summoner. Interesting, the summoning wasn’t over yet? Oh no….

“We’re going to be binded!” The Demon hissed. He stepped back but the arcane threads held them in place. The elf was dragged toward the Demon. There was a light and before the Demon knew it he could hear his thoughts and the thoughts of the Elf. As quickly as it started it ended. They were two once again, but the Demon felt different. He felt linked with the elf. He could feel how the other felt, his thoughts, he could even hear his very soul. The mark on his arm, that had been glowing the entire process faded and was like a tattoo on the demon’s pale skin. It was written in a language the Demon could read. It was a code that bound them both together. The Demon stared at the elf really hard. Then he reproduced his toothy grin and cackled madly as a hatter would.

“Well met, master.” The Demon spoke playfully he walked over to the novice mage and helped him up.

“You probably do no understand what had taken place. You summoned me and bound me to you. So I only obey your command and only you can summon me from the underworld. Do you understand?”

The Demon turned to catch the old man within his peripheral vision.

“And if my master desires it, I can burn this old coot to a crisp.”
It's me.
Old Posted 03-24-2014, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #7  
[[Oh! Now your formatting makes sense lol]]

Master Dillamond dare not using any form of teleporation spell no matter how sorely tempting it was. The magic he saw happening before him was unnatural. He may have been old but he was still spry enough to run. Years of bellowing and yelling at students assured his lung capacity. By the time he was down the second corridor he saw Professor Vira leading a group of 7th year wizards towards the fire. "Stop! It's a demon! Everyone must be evacuated NOW." She stopped, a brief moment of disbelief in her eyes but one thing everyone knew about Dillamond was that he never joked. "Students keep formation. We're leaving through the white balcony." As the professor over Divining magic she kept a miniature crystal ball on her person at all times. Today it was hidden in the teal jeweled choker on her neck.

In a moment she communicated what she needed to to someone on the other side. "A ship will pick us up within the minute." The wizened but younger professor Vira turned her head towards Dillamond, "Where's Sid?" Worry clearly evident in her voice. She loved all the students, but little Sid had earned a soft spot in her heart.

The old man knew this; it always disgusted him but he respected Professor Vira's practical approach to traditionally ambiguous magic. "He commands the demon." Dillamond tried his best to keep any harshness out of his tone. Which Vira was grateful for though she was too shocked and worried about the present to truly express it.

Sid's left sleeve had burned away, showing his new tattoo clear for all to see, that is if there was anyone other than him and the demon. His professor clearly escaped while they were being binded. The thought of burning Dillamond in his own class room actually felt appealing. He imagined the bitter old man's dying screams and smiled the wickedest smile he ever made. Sid nearly laughed too but paused as his thoughts were scaring him. They felt nothing like his own. In fact he could feel a lot of different things than he normally could. But right now he mostly felt the searing heat. Binded to a demon or not Sid was totally combustible. "Get me out of this fire first."
Old Posted 03-24-2014, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
((lol sorry if I confused you :B))

The Demon nodded, “As you wish, Master Sid.”

Abaddon took hold of the young elf and hoisted him onto his back. He then began to take another form. He increased in size, he grew wings and scales, black a cold and clear winter night. His eyes were glowing bright yellow, his jaw and his teeth as grew. They stretched out to form a muzzle. Soon enough the Demon grew too large for the room and destroyed the roof of the room. He took form of a dragon; he bellowed very loudly, it was like a thunderclap. He flapped his wing and began taking off. Soon they were out of the burning room. Before they took off however, the Demon turned his head and spewed blue flames, when the flames came into contact with the room they cooled down to the same color as the rest of the fire. The whole room was ablaze, let’s see the old fart try and teach in that room ever again.

Soon the Demon took off with Sid on his back. He flew over the ships that were coming in to take the students away from the burning building.

‘Do you wish for me to destroy the ships Master?’

At this point Abaddon couldn’t speak as a dragon. However he could commune with Sid, via with the link that was made between them. The Demon hovered over the ships waiting for his next command. He was also careful not to allow harm to come to him or Sid.

‘Also where shall we go? I got you out of the fire as you instructed. Where shall we go from here?’
It's me.
Old Posted 03-24-2014, 06:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #9  
It wasn't until the roof was almost on him that he realized the demon was transforming to a legendary dragon. Sid didn't know what he felt by this point. Everything happening at once was so overwhelming he was starting to become numb. "No, some of those people there were nice to me."

'But maybe later we can visit my enemies' crawled into the corner of his mind unsaid. He clung a little tighter to the demon's neck. It was a hard seat but comfortably fit his body and shielded him from the brute force of the wind. Sitting up here felt so peaceful. And it was sad too. The school was growing smaller each second; that place housed his future, and his duties to the realm. It burned.

"40 degrees to your right. There's a canyon, fly low then make towards the sun when the canyon comes to a circle." Knowledge of one's surrounding was typical of elvish teachings. He didn't leave the wall of schools ever but Sid did study the surrounding landscapes and cities. It wouldn't be too long, only a couple hours at most, til an organized party was hunting them down.

"The way should take us to a swamp forest. I've never been there but I figure it shouldn't be too different from my home. And humans in this area have trouble navigating places like that." A silence passed before it occurred to him he didn't know what to call this demon. There was perhaps a lot of things it could explain to him. Although he doubt it would explain much willingly at the very least it wouldn't be hard to get its name. Sid though felt too daunted by the prospect.
Old Posted 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
'I don’t have a name Master, the other dwellers labeled me Abaddon before I was sealed away by a legendary Magician.'

The Demon did as instructed and flew in the direction given. It was a good thing that the elf knew where they were going. It had been too long for the Demon. The middle world had changed so much. Not even the terrain looked the same. He wasn’t sure if that was the same spot where he had been sealed originally. He had been floating around in the nether dimension. He headed toward the direction of the sun when he’d seen the canyon had come to a circle.

Their actual destination was a swamp that wasn’t far from here. The other mages wouldn’t be able to find them there. They’re sure to ask around to where a Dragon was last seen flying. Abaddon wished he’d seen the looks on their faces when the roof blew out and he burned the whole classroom. That would’ve been quite satisfactory. The Demon sensed the elf’s troubled thoughts.

'Do not worry master, I’ll protect you. I don’t have a choice in the matter.'

This was very much true. Though he had his own personality, he didn’t have the freedom to do what he wanted. If the mage ordered him to do something, he had to comply. He was quite aware of the magic used on them. Quite old, he actually remembered when it started as binding weapons and armor so that they could be magically summoned. Looks like some mage decided they wanted to bind organic things to other organic things. Abaddon wasn’t sure how he could break the bind either. They would need a mage as old as he was, mages like that were probably Liches and had no desire to help them.

A few moments later, they reached the Swamplands. The Demon landed and shifted back to his form. He looked around. He didn’t recognize this Swamp either, yet the scent was oddly familiar.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #11  
[[Smells Familiar? It is an old friend? Or perhaps there a ruin of a place he had been before?]]

"No choice at all huh?" If that was supposed to comfort him it worked. Although the elf was still unsettled by their relationship. Starting with their ability to share their thoughts. The demon was undoubtably more practiced at this or a demon's mind was just harder to understand for a mortal like him.

It was odd but his manners kicked in after a moment's thought on the demons name. "Abbadon? Your name is still in legends. But I never cared much of fables or history. My divination teacher was always telling me that not knowing the past made scrying useless." Sid added the last part a bit absent-mindedly. He realized then a little productivity- particular towards food and shelter would need to be done. Would a demon enjoy telling tales around a camp fire? Sid could command him to do so but the little elf didn't find it appealing to demand entertainment like some bratty royal commands a fool.

"We're stuck in this together...what ever future is ahead of us has never been done before now that I think about it. A more adventurous spirit would be excited. Me? Well for now I'll settle for someplace safe to test things out." Sid was still holding the training stave with him. He started tracing runes in the air to establish a border for the protection spell. Sid had plenty of practice using this spell to keep animals away. Hiding their location was going to take some creativity from the elf...unless

"Do you know how to hide us from mages and wizards?"
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
The Demon turned and looked at the Elf. He then slowly nodded. He held up his hand and a bubble formed around himself and Sid.
“This should prevent the mages from finding us. This barrier should keep our magic hidden we shall appear as non magical people when they try and track us by magical signal.”

The Demon then turned back, looking into the swamp. It appeared as if something familiar was close by. Perhaps a place so that they could stay until the mages cease their search long enough for them to escape. The Demon wordlessly walked into the forest of the swamp. He presumed that his new master was following behind. As he trudged into the forest some things began to seem familiar. He actually remembered these trees. They weren’t actually trees. He continued walking into the forest the exposed roots of the ‘trees’ all lead into the same direction. The way the Demon was heading.

At some point he reached the heart of the Swamp. Here, at the center was a large tree. It was massive compared to the other rather large looking trees near it. The roots of the other trees were conjoined with the giant tree. Intertwined with the tree was a structure that seemed worn down and abandoned. It looked like a primitive temple that was a tree house simultaneously. The Demon grinned; he was amazed it was still standing after all these centuries.

“Seems those Druids actually had competence after all…”
It's me.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #13  
The demon- Abbadon, established a mobile protection quicker than Sid could finish writing the borders of his stationary protection spell. 'At least I won't be without a teacher' Next Abbadon seemed to be distracted by something, a vague memory. Sid thought he could almost see this memory. He quickly canceled his spell as keep it from being found and followed.

Sid noticed a few oddities about the trees. Then suddenly the pattern was obvious. Nature doesn't grow like this, especially in a wild place like a swamp. Then they came upon the Mother tree. "Wow" he whispered in reverence. "Magic like this was lost to the ages. That or the druids left are too few for an undertaking like this."
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
“Yes, true Druid magic has been lost for ages. I suppose I am partially responsible. There were many living in the area, after I came through, there were none left. I don’t remember why but I was mad at them, so I sent a plague upon them…. and then that plague later reappeared and caused a lot of deaths I think. I don’t know really, don’t care either. We can stay here I doubt the mages know this places exists.”

Abaddon manifested flesh like wings and took hold of Sid. He flew up to the entrance. The inside looked terrible. It seemed like it was in shambles, almost nothing was left inside. The tables were broken down and turned over. Chairs were all over the place as well. Tapestries and cloth was riddled with many holes in them. Anything that was organic had already rotted and turned to old skeletons.

“Yeah I definitely remember…it wasn’t a most handsome sight to see them sick. I wonder what was it that made me upset to give them a plague?”
It's me.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #15  
Casually he replied "A plague would take considerable work wouldn't it? How do you forget something you put effort into?" He sighed trying to understand how a demon's emotions worked.

The remains may have only been a skeleton but Sid could swear some of the bones looked like were screaming. Sid crossed his hand in front of his chest and formed a symbol with his hands as he muttered a prayer for the druids. "They say in places like these tormented spirits will still linger." The elf was was afraid. "If it is true do you know how to send them to the afterlife?"
Old Posted 03-27-2014, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
“Surprisingly it is far more simple than you may believe Master. Did it ever occur to you how illnesses work? It’s not just expectantly catching something. It’s magic, not just any magic either. It’s curse magic. I just place a spell to make them sick and make their deaths painful. Then everything became intense and soon I ended up wiping out a good chunk of the world population.”

The Demon looked at the skeleton on the ground. It was untouched, moving it may cause it to disintegrate. He noticed the elf posing his hands accordingly and began to pray for the Druids, oh please. The Demon heard his question and shook his head.

“Not really, I can’t control a soul unless I’ve made a contract for it. Besides you don’t have anything to worry about. They were pitiful while they were alive. I doubt they’re anymore competent in death.”
It's me.
Old Posted 03-27-2014, 07:35 PM Reply With Quote