Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Zombie Platypus
Default   #33  
FEMALE GAMERS FOR THE WIN!
im one of them.
and I kick my male friends ass at team fortress >: 3
Bat to the FACE
Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say?of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! -Donflamingo
Old Posted 02-28-2011, 12:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
This happened to me just yesterday, I was playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on steam and some guy was just like:

"Chicks can't play this, because they are ****"

I ignored him because it would be pointless to say anything back to him xD But some other random guy stuck up for girls and told him off 8D

I'm a girl gamer, i play, MMORPGs, Shooter games, DDR, Sims, really most games apart from any sports ones xD they stress me out more then anything LOL

OH and i looovee mario, and pokemon! mostly the classic though, like Pokemon yellow 8D (one of my favourites)
Old Posted 03-06-2011, 04:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #35  
ok my two pennys the more blood and guts the better!!! also the survival horrors are the best!
Old Posted 03-06-2011, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
I'm a female gamer.
I play on a private server of Perfect world, I am a Support Game Master... 3/4 of the staff are female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 03-06-2011, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #37  
I fucking love Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, but I haven't had a chance to master them yet because the only times I can play is when my bro's friend brings his 360 over. And pretty much every girl I've ever met has AT LEAST played Pokemon, so for someone to think a girl playing video games is some kind of phenomenon... it takes a special kind of idiot. Hell, go read Awkward Zombie, a very strong majority of her comics are about video games.

Now, if someone made that statement back in the 80's and maybe the 90's, there'd be some merit to people thinking that way. There WERE girls who played, but it wasn't nearly as common, so it did seem to be very much a guys' thing.

But now a days, no. Even most guys know that girls play.
Old Posted 03-07-2011, 11:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
I play bookoo lots of JRPGs, but I also play things like Fat Princess, Killzone 3, and Metal Gear Solid.

The guys at my college seem startled when I tell them I play things like Devil May Cry and Super Smash Brothers. Apparently, I'm supposed to like only things like Katamari Damacy and Final Fantasy, which I do, but that's besides the point. My point is that female gamers are allowed to enjoy games like Digital Devil Saga and InFamous just as much as male gamers, which we do... very much so.

Some of the stereotyping that still goes on probably stems from a lot of female gamers not really admitting to it.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 03-15-2011, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #39  
Anyone should be able to like any games, and they do, it's sad that some people don't remember that people aren't bound to what they themseves think is "true".
I'm also a gamer girl myself, I play all sorts of games and enjoy quite a lot of different genres, most people aren't surprised by me playing but sometimes they're surprised that I'm a pretty good player, but then again I've been playing games since I was 2 years old also xD I'm not much for competeing in games, I'm more of a fan of cooperation too ^^
Old Posted 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Where I live girls dont really get made fun of for playing games. Me and my peeps live in gamer harmony XD.
Old Posted 03-31-2011, 02:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Multiply Six by Nine
Default   #41  
Last edited by Doogle; 09-14-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old Posted 04-11-2011, 10:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I think the biggest reason why there is a division between gamers and girl gamers is because a lot of girls who play video games identify themselves as "girl gamers". I'm a girl, and I play video games. I am a gamer. I don't have to add my gender to the title.

A vast majority of girls out there like to highlight their gender, expecting it to be unique or special that they are girls who play video games, but expect to get treated equally to guy gamers.

Girls who make a big deal of out their gender are the main reason why there's still an issue. Yes, there are still some close-minded guys out there who make snide comments about girls who play video games, but the solution is simple, don't give them your time, energy, or attention. The majority of the world is willing to accept girls as gamers, as long as we don't expect to use our femininity to get extra attention or help by presenting ourselves as a novelty.

In short, it's how a lady presents herself that is important, because in the end, that will determine how she is received.
Old Posted 04-11-2011, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #43  
I'm not a hardcore gamer girl cause I'm super picky at the games I choose (which is mostly Dead or Alive series base & DDR), I tried playing the other games but they seem to get me lost so I stopped playing them oTL

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
@ Fashion Zombie
Yes, I'd have to agree with that, I'm far more likely to treat someone respectfully if they spend more time playing and less time worrying about how they are viewed. Well, for MMOs at least which is where I usually play nowadays. I myself rarely say "hey I'm a girl" but people tend to notice anyways, and I just don't mind.
As for why people are so hung up on revealing their gender? Oddly enough there are still people worried about being "friendly" with the wrong gender, from what I've observed anyways. Yes, unfortunately there does still seem to be some people annoyed at girls playing, so many people will still say right away "I'm a girl" so there's no confusion later.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #45  
I'm a gamer girl, I was born sept 1985 when Super Mario Bros was released and it was like the light of destiny joined us... I've been playing games since I was a wee toddler with my mom and now I play on my consoles with my fiance, whether its the PS3 or Xbox, shooter, racers, rpgs, action, adventure.... as some others said short of sports games I play almost anything. I'm proud to be a gamer girl and have a great group of friends, both male and female that are all gamers as well. I had one guy chatting with me online once and we talked about xbox and playstation and shooters and blood and guts and whatnot... then he asked me my asl and almost refused to believe I was a girl because of the systems and games I own. Its unbelievable that this is even an issue lol.
Old Posted 04-17-2011, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) I'm a girl and I love games. I go for the
cute girly things mostly but I do
love the Dead or Alive series though. So
darn cute.

I can't stand gory games since the blood and
guts make me sick.

I also have a hard time finding a game that
doesn't make me sick. The girly ones don't
normally have graphics that make me sick. But
the gory, and other kinds of games do at times.
I tried watching my husband play Oblivion and I
couldn't do it. Kept getting naueous from the
graphics ~_~ And I really wanted to watch him
play that game.

I'm also considering playing Dragon Age Origins/
Awakening. Not sure if I want to try Dragon Age 2
yet. That's something I have to think about.

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 04-19-2011, 07:48 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #47  
I don't mind watching other people play, but when I play I feel like I'm going to suck at it. Like those survival horror games like Dead Rising, Left for Dead, Silent Hill Series, those types of games. I'm the DDR and Dead or Alive series type of games

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I've recently Become a Huge fan of American Developers. XD; LIKE BIOWARE AND VALVE.
But I agree with Zombie.
My Gender doesn't matter. I play games because I like to play games. If guys get all weird about it. Let 'em. Only male opinions I care about are my older brothers. They're the reasons why I even play games in the first place. But even then if they give me crap I don't listen. Ehh whatever I'm rambling. Eheh.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"

Old Posted 04-19-2011, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote