Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #17  
Sergio's hand clutched the gun tightly but only because he didn't want to drop it while holding on for dear life in the passenger seat. There were small attack crafts flying ahead. They were probably about as big as a suv when you accounted for their sleek profile that gave it a sporty look despite its size.

Although still tense from trying not to wet his knickers his automatically responded with "Old enough." in a soft suggestive tone. "I don't consider monologuing my past productive to surviving right now. But you know what might be useful for you to know? I can fly planes, and I left some backdoors in my father's company. Literally and metaphorically. Oh and let's not forget I can kick ass in close quarters."

Sergio held out the gun. "If I don't need this I'd rather someone who knows how to shoot has it."
Old Posted 04-09-2014, 09:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
The answer some what sedated him for the moment. "Good enough, I would have prefer to know more personally about you before inviting you to the underground." With that he looked at the the gun and unbuckled himself gesturing for the boy follow. It was another block of walking in the shadows and then Jirazel showed him the entrance. Pulling a side a sewer grate he told the other to go first down into the darkened hole and to stop once he hit the platform. Once inside he covered the hole back up. He took Sergio's hand in the darkness and led the way while his other hand was pressed against the wall. Every so often he felt a knoch with told him which direction to turn, until they entered a low lit underground slum.

"Listen, at this point, I don't give a damn about your past, but since I brought you into this I will at least make sure you can survive. All you need to know right now is the Aliens screwed us over. We are going to be in for the fight for man kind. Technically you are still my property, and if you are going to rise up like you wanted you'd better play it smart and try not to piss any one off." They traveled past a few of the market stalls as the keepers nodded in Jirazels wake. Eventually they came to a small hut along the rows and entered it. It was not the grand apartments above the ground but it was home. It was a two room shack, a place for the bathroom and the rest of the living space which comprised of his goods. "Make yourself at home, keep the gun. Even if you can't use it the right way you can use it the wrong way. I'm going to go find you something better to wear." With that he left the boy to get acquainted with his belongings and his new somewhat freedom.
Old Posted 04-09-2014, 10:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #19  
Sergio held Jirazel's hand willingly in the claustrophic darkness.Thoughts of Alligators or rats running up in pants made him anxious. More anxious than the thought of aliens, at least until he thought of the sentinels from the Matrix.

The stench of the sewers was perhaps the grosses thing he ever smelled to honest he was somehow unsure, nonetheless he used his free hand to hold his shirt over his nose and mouth as if it would help. The slums they exited into smelled marginally better but breathable. He couln't believe what he was seeing. It was like stepping into a fictional story cause he was pretty sure that no one actually designed cavernous areas in the sewers big enough or any comparts close enough to house a community like this.

"I never try to piss anyone off." Despite this hovel being located, literally, in the cesspool of mankind some of the items in the stalls were made his eyes shine. Of course he was ignored and Jirazel was acknowledge. It bothered Sergio but fore-front on his mind was the word "property". How it tasted so distasteful in his mouth these days. Sure Jirazel was treating him alright NOW. But Sergio had little choice in the matter as the now strangely friendly master of his was his best option.

"Right-o Sir!" he threw a lazy salute and swished over to the kitchen portion of the room and rummaged through everything to find something to eat. There were military rations and various non-perishable foods tucked away and... "Would like some tea?" Sergio wasn't waiting for an answer to start putting together what looked like industrial high-end camping gear. Probably connected in some way to the military rations but who cared? Sergio had his tea and thankfully the placed was stocked with potable water! Whatever took his mind off the very subtle indications of things happening on the surface.
Old Posted 04-09-2014, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
It was a long time before he made it to the center of underground the others were already bickering. So many questions so many choices to make now. They had various news feeds into the above world and none of it looked good. The group that gathered were all mercenaries like himself, trying to make a buck. They were a mixture of humans and genetically modified humans, even a cyborg . The bickering paused once Jirazel came into view. For a long time they listened to him about the situation, and about how even if they got what the monsters wanted, they would not be sitting pretty on their own commandeered planet. They could either fight for what was left of earth or wait to die or try and escape the planet. It would be a few days before they reached a consensus on what they needed to do. When he returned back to his hut, it smelled unfamiliar and walking through the door he saw that Sergio had already made himself at home, by making...tea?" There was nothing he had ready about that told him anything about the boys personality, but it just seemed so strange. He laughed. "Did you cook dinner too?" HE said folding his arms as he inspected the scene.
Old Posted 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #21  
The young lad huffed when he realized the reason for the silence was that Jirazel already walked out. Sergio didn't understand how he wanted him to act. Sure he could be himself but that was when he was a rich boy, for months now he'd been the compliant servant.

So continuing on from that role he searched the entire cabin, afterall Jirazel never said he was forbidden from anything. About an hour in he decided to see what those papers were. They were all vague messages save for legal documents, maps and a few that (he guessed) were electrical diagrams. So the unpredictable man didn't keep a hard copy of anything useful around. A few

'Who am I now?' It was frustrating and all the while it seemed Jirazel was trying to size him up for something. speak of the devil, he just walked in while he was sipping a second cup of tea in one hand still trying to make sense of some diagrams with his other.

"I thought about it but you didn't tell me when you would be back. No sense in making an MR taste even worse " He smiled

Sergio put the papers down and restacked them exactly as they were. "I didn't bother to hack your computer without tools. Anyway how was work or whatever?" He never got up from the seat, just kept sipping his tea.
Old Posted 04-15-2014, 05:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
He knelt before Sergio. Reaching up, he curled his fingers around the others capturing them between his palm and the mug and gently tipped the mug towards his lips drowning some of the boys tea out of cup, while his lips were still on the rim. He looked into the dark eyes. "Why would you want to hack my laptop? What could be on it that you want to know about?"

He gave a slight hmm as he took another sip still not relinquishing Sergio's hand. He continued to stare the other in the eye as he talked. "Furthermore what I do is not important right now. Just know its going to be hell for a while." With that he took a deep breath "It seems the aliens are interested in terra-forming the planet, and are backing out of their deal with me and my collegues for their our own planet. Right now they are destroying everything, and the fight for the planet has begun. Since you are very skilled in combat you may be put on scavenging duty.

Unless you want to come with me. We are going to start expanding the underground for expectant survivors that can not fight back or need a place to recuperate. Until then you are a guest here but that does not give you the right to snoop through my belongings. Food and clothes are fair share, my weapons and my tech are not. Understood?" His grip tightened around the hand waiting for the answer.
Old Posted 04-18-2014, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #23  
He gasped and commanded himself not to jerk back his hand or be overly-deviant of his touch. It didn't feel bad but Jirazel was being to being the harsh master he met him has. This time though with understandable clause.

"I didn't even attempt hacking the computer or touching the weapons. It seemed that would be an abuse of 'Making myself at home.' Here I think the expression 'curiosity killed the cat' could be very fitting." Sergio let out a short breath to calm his nerves some. This man was scary, but also very aggravating. He didn't fear killing him so much as what the consequences would be.

"I did not mean to snoop but I see now that I did. Sorry sir." Sergio badly wanted another sip of the tea. Go with him? Like hell! Yet...

"What does expanding the underground mean for work?"
Old Posted 04-19-2014, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
"Cheese and crackers kid, stop with the formality. Only old people are called Sir, call me Jira Jirazel and we are cool." Wandering over to the pot he plucked through his box of tea bags until he found a jasmine tea he liked. He took his favorite mug "Also don't touch this cup" And pour what was left of the water into it.

When he was near the cooking area he found pots and since the boy did not make any food he decided it would be best to do so for the both of them. He started a pot to boil and make soup.

"Yes work. Do you think the people down here are going to be the only survivors of an alien assault? We well need to feed them house them and train those who can to fight back against the Aliens that are attacking. We can either reclaim the planet by driving them off or try and fight for some realms of coexistence. I am not sure which." Rummaging around he pulled out a dried smoke meat and dropped it into the pot.

"We are going to need more intelligence on them then what we have. We were obviously not expecting them to attack us and can not trust what we know so far. We are going to need to scour for food and resources. And that Kitty is where you come in. I am sure you and others can raid shops with out dying or getting captured."
Old Posted 04-20-2014, 12:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #25  
He smirked "Cheese and crackers?" Sergio felt more at ease again and went to sip his tea only for the cup to be empty. Damn it. "Seriously all the tea?"

Sergio got up and more or less set the table for the soup and pulled an extra seat there for Jirazel as he listened. "Scavenging sounds like a decent job. Besides what I saw on the way here do you know anything else about their technology that I need to know?" he added "For my own sake. If they got lightbending technology or something. I don't want to be caught with my pants down and all."
Old Posted 04-21-2014, 03:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Shaking his head he focused on trying to conjure up an image of what the aliens looked like. "No, you never need to be caught with your pants down." He said jokingly as he picked up the spoon and scooped out a bit of the soup to taste it. Abandoning the soup he took the seat near the table and cradled his fresh cup of tea. " That is the hard part Sergio."

He hated to admit it. "So far the only differences that we can visually see, are that they are slightly phosphorescent, and they can not speak like a human, though it is easier for us to be trained to speak like them. They however as far as we know possess a far greater intelligence then we do, most of their powers seemed to be short range telepathic abilities, but for the most part they look like taller then average genetically modified humans, and that is what makes it hard. Unless it is night or they speak, it is hard to tell if they are human or not. "

He took another sip of his tea. "Alright, welcome to your new life kid, as of right now I will give you the next five minutes to get out any questions you have."
Old Posted 04-22-2014, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #27  
He was grinning too, the image of him accidentally shitting on one of the aliens was a very amusing thought. But not one he'd voice now, wouldn't want to ruin Jirazel's appetite. 'Then again we are in a sewer he couldn't be that squemish'

Seeing as the man abandoned his own soup Sergio he grabbed his bowl rather than make his own. It couldn't be any different in the pot and better not to waste dishes afterall right? Sergio sniffed at it warily for its flavor then started eating, and listening.

"huh" he said taking the spoon that had been hanging out of his mouth and thoughtfully waving in in the air. "So hypothetically I could be trained to speak like them and be like an runt running some menial task?" that was assuming he didn't need telepathy to communicated with them as well. Scientist never quite figured out how to do more than stimulate certain emotions. Which now that he thought about it would've been useful for his most recent occupation before this one...'stop being distracted!'

"Actually that's rhetorical don't answer that." the spoon pointed at the man as a serious look of contemplation passed over his face. He had 5 minutes to make count. But what would he ask? Jirazel already was setting boundaries with what he could and couldn't do.

"When we met, no offense, but you were a jackass. Now you're just tough but actually quite fair. Honestly what kind of...employer are you? Also do I get individual rights of an actual person?"
Old Posted 04-28-2014, 05:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
He watched the lad eat as he talked wondering if they had bothered to feed him while he was held captive. "I can already speak like them" He confessed ignoring Sergio's outburst. He let that information settle into the boy, before thinking about his other question. It just made him laugh and shake his head. "Rights of an individual person? you make it sound like its some far fetch idea that our founding fathers did not have in mind. You are aware that slavery is constitutionally illegal?" He said taking another sip of his cup. "Hence why you were being sold in the black market, but I am not sure asking me what kind of employer I am. I like to think I will do what is necessary to get my agenda done. But yes you get your rights even when you are being a show off, or a brat or a spoiled rich kid in a cage. Just like I get the right to smack you in the head if you piss me off. Fair?"

Amused he moved away from the table. Careful not to leave his tea where greedy hands could grab it. Walking over to a pile of books he found one in particular that had hand writing in it and dumped it on the table beside Sergio's bowl. "If you want to learn to speak like them here is what I have of their language. I expect you to still go on scouting until you mastered it. No need to risk your life doing something stupid. Anything else?"
Old Posted 05-01-2014, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote