Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lil' Inkling
Default   #65  
‘Yes it is and I believe he shall reveal himself to us.’

As predicted the older elf appeared. He threw his knife towards The Demon. The shadows created by the light coming into the cave entrance allowed Abaddon to capture the knife with a shadow tendril. He sighed and rolled his eye dramatically. He took the knife from the tendril and examined it.

“Poison dipped knife huh? I wonder how this would work considering demons have high resistance to poison.”

Abaddon made a gagging sound as the other begged the young elf not to leaf. Oh how he felt like vomiting from the pathetic pleas of the older elf. The Demon tossed the knife behind him, now it was lost in the dark. Abaddon nudged Sid on his back to garner his attention.

“He’s lying to you Sid. He can’t possibly guarantee your safety. Not as long as we’re bound. Whatever magic was used to bind us is neither of your kind nor mine. I doubt your ‘elders’ even know what type of magic it is. Two things are going to happen to you if you go with him Sid. One they will lock you up until they can find a way to unbind us and get rid of me. You said it yourself, your kind like others to believe they are perfect and things like this don’t happen to them. You said it; you admit your people’s flaw. The second thing is that they figure killing you will unbind us or get rid of me. They can’t kill me, so you’re their best bet.”

The Demon stepped in front of Sid and keeping him behind him. He growled his black-clawed hand out and ready to lay damage on Thauron.

“We don’t have to go into the cities and steal anything from them. But I can’t allow you to go with him. It will be the end of you for sure, but it doesn’t guarantee the end of me.”

The next part Abaddon decided to tell telepathically so that Thauron may not hear a thing.

‘You have a choice master, but I can assure you no one will know you even existed if you go with him. He maybe looking out for your best interests but there is something much bigger than he is going on, much bigger than you, and most certainly much bigger than myself. If you go back, I can’t protect you. There is something wicked coming this way and we should go out and figure out what it is. But we can’t do that if you listen to him and go with him. Now then what is your choice master? Whatever you pick I am oblige to stand by it. But should you fall, I am…sorry. T’was not my intention you have you die. I only wanted to see this world again, I missed it so. And the moment I sensed an opening I quickly came through it without thinking about the consequences. And for that I…apologize.’

The Demon stared hard at Thauron; he waited for Sid’s decision. He waited for the elder to attack him. He merely stood there and waited.
It's me.
Last edited by Him; 04-20-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old Posted 04-19-2014, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
He apologized. 'I want to know the truth of what you say myself. Can your magic get us out before it gets too bad?'

Sid needed closure to his former life. It was obvious what Abbadon was saying was true but he really wanted to believe in his own. Even if they chose to kill him would they be meriful or view him to still be a child of the forests?

Thauron watched the demon move protectively in front of Sid, though that was probably more to keep him from crossing the threshold to Thauron. It seemed Sid welcomed his protection and moved closer behind him. That was it, fear. Sid wanted to live and feel protected. Abbadon had the right of it though and Thauron was a poor negotiator. So in his mind he planned how he was going to fight Abbadon even if it meant killing Sid. 'I'm sorry Frandir' he thought. And he waited for confirmation that Sid would side with the demon.
Old Posted 04-21-2014, 02:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #67  
‘I see, well then it seems to me that your buddy here thinks I am holding you against your will or something along those lines. I say we keep that façade up. Only because if they think you’re aligned to me, he might be ordered to kill you. If they think I stole you for whatever plausible reason and maybe not kill you. We’ll see how that works out.’

The Demon immediately turned and grabbed Sid, hoisting him over The Demon’s shoulder.

“I’m through waiting. You’re coming with me whether you like it or not.”

The Demon shot a fire bolt in front of the ground where Thauron stood. Instead of blowing up and causing damage. It grew bright like a flare, hoping to temporarily blind the elf as Abaddon teleported out of the cave. Once they were out in the open, The Demon shifted into a Griffin and began to fly away from the swamp and away from the school.

‘Should we head to those twin cities you mentioned?’
It's me.
Old Posted 04-21-2014, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
{{If you want to run into anyone or find anything interesting now would be the time. We can fast-forward some as well. Sorry for the uninspired post. This is my favorite RP right now idk. Not feeling it atm}}

"Yes" he said trying to cry over the wind blowing through his hair.

'-but let's go somewhere and get ready. I need food and water...and maybe one last bath before the trip? I need to look like a human though and it's not easy to hide these ears.' Sid stopped his telepathic link to think to himself. He thought heavily on what he knew about his own people or rather what he thought he knew. He didn't cry but the little wanted to. He just couldn't do anything now but feel the crushing uncertainty of the future.
Old Posted 04-25-2014, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #69  
((Uhm maybe we should run into another demon perhaps? Lemme see if I can do it in this post.))

Abaddon the Griffin nodded.

'That's nothing a little shifting magic can't do.'

The Demon sensed a town nearby. They could stop there and get everything they needed. But there was something else The Demon sensed. It tingled his spine how familiar this energy signal was. No it couldn't be....his worst nightmare came true as a fireball was hurling towards. He quickly maneuvered out of the way, singeing his side a little. The Demon squawked in pain and looked before him a winged figure, a winged demon.

The Demon shifted into hit normal form, having Sid latched onto his back like a child would with a parent.

"Abaddon? I knew I recognize that hideous shifted griffin form of yours."

The figure before him kind of resembled Abaddon, save for being far more slender and taller. This demon had longer hair than Abaddon did and wore much longer robes. The other Demon's wings were quite beautiful, they were like the wings of a phoenix. In retrospect this demon did not seem to be a demon at all. The only give aways were the sharp yellow eyes and blacken stained arms in which both he and Abaddon shared. Abaddon growled towards this demon, he really wasn't expecting to see this disgusting useless waste of space again.

"Phenex. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be stewing in the pit with the rest of those loser Demons?"

"Oh my how hurtful, I only wanted to see my most favorite halfling."

"Oh yes because the key to showing someone you miss them is shooting fire at them!"

Abaddon hissed, holding his side that was slightly injured.

"Well just because you are my most favorite doesn't mean I'm not going to hurt you when you anger me."

"Goodness I feel all so tingly inside from this nauseating affection. You still didn't answer my question. What.are.you.doing.here?"

The other demon hummed, looking bored until the elf caught the demon's yellow eyes.

"Oh what's that you got there Abby?"

Before the other could reply Phenex was already behind him. He stared at Sid for a moment, cupping his face in one of his long slender hands.

"Is this one of these living mortals? Not humans, uhm elves right? Oh wow how cute~ We don't get elves in our domain. They don't believe in an underworld like humans do. Elves are so 'perfect' so there wouldn't be a reason to go to such a horrible place. Your connection with the arcane plane is what allows you to transcend into magic and return to this magical plane yes?"

Abaddon snarled, quickly turning to face the other demon.

"You keep your filthy claws off of him you disgusting maggot!"

"My, my how over protective of some mortal we are huh Abby?"

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!"

He threw a fireball at the other demon, but the long hair demon easily avoided it.

"I swear you're such a hot head. If you must know I entered this plane not too long ago like yourself. There was a portal opening and I went through. I looked around but I couldn't locate the caster. So I've been around, causing some trouble. I blew up a few flying metal ships on my way here. I sensed you so I thought I'd give you a warm welcome."

The long haired demon said as a matter of fact. That was odd, there was another portal opening? Abaddon wondered how many other portals opened. And were there any other demons in the same position as he is. Abaddon then looked up at the other demon, what is it that he wanted from him? Why was he still here?

"Well? Why are you still here? You managed to give such a 'warm welcome' now what do you want?"

Phenex was still there, look rather bored.

"Aren't you tired of asking me all these questions? Can't I say hell-"

"NO, no you can't what do you want?"

Phenex sighed,

"Well if you must know once again after I sensed you I came this way. But something isn't right about you. Your magical aura has changed. Not sure what it is but it is definitely not halflingish as it was. Then I see you with this little thing and I thought it was this mortal, but he has his own magical signature. So it's still coming from you. I just had you seek you out. I wonder, if I can get it to manifest itself."

As he said that last part, Phenex disappeared and reappeared in front of Abaddon. He swiftly punched the shorter haired demon in the stomach. Abaddon was quite shocked and in pain. Before he could recover, Phenex continued his onslaught and knocked Abaddon out of the sky.

Abaddon recovered quickly enough to get Sid off his back and hanging on to his shoulders. Abaddon crashed into the ground, back first. He gasped, quite in pain. He released Sid to go run off.

"Go...he's not interested in you. Go and get out of the way..."

Abaddon said as he slowly got up and looked up at Phenex who was still in the air. His pupils narrowed like a cat's eyes. He bared his teeth and claws. He formed flesh like wings to fly up to the other Demon.

"Some cheap shot you took Phenex."

"A demon should be aware of his surroundings. You made it so easy spacing out Abby."

"DON'T.CALL.ME.THAT."

Abaddon then went into the attack and lunged at Phenex. The long haired demon smirked and braced for impact.
It's me.
Old Posted 04-28-2014, 07:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
{{Thankfully he's remembered holy magic is quite effective on demons. Sadly it won't be so effective on mortals and he's stuck on the ground. If you want me to take control of another demon let me know. Depending on how this goes a new challenger (on our side) may join the fray. It is unrealistic to say it is Thauron since they left him in their dust unfortunately.}}

As if there wasn't enough unanswered questions another demon appeared and slammed Abbadon with fire. He was shocked to see that it had actually affected him. Things were once again happening to fast and despite recent events Sid didn't have any plans on what to do in situations like this. If this new demon didn't seem like such a threat he would've found the nickname "Abbey" amusing too.

Sid wanted to heal Abbadon's wound but traditional healing magic would only injure him. I got it!He knew how he could contribute to the fight. However he was dropped to the ground he tried to stop Abbadon and jump back on. 'Abbadon think! I'm an elf in a human city and there may be more demons out there. I'm safer on you than down here!'

As if on cue a shady look woman stepped from the shadows dressed in provocative clothing stepped out to greet Sid. But her aged body was less than pleasant on the eyes. She wasn't gray but the lifestyle she had lived clearly wore on her. Whomever was in the sky said he didn't have a master. Either that was a lie, or there was a third. The thought chilled him. 'Help! Abbadon!' The woman didn't use any magic on him, instead she lunged at him with a dagger. Thankfully Sid was not only practiced with wards but telekinesis as well. However she moved very unpredictably. Sid was deflecting her attacks and moving out of harms way but it was only a matter of time before she cornered him. The poor elf didn't even realize it.
Last edited by Kenai; 04-29-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old Posted 04-28-2014, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #71  
((If you want to go right ahead. You can make up your own Demon or use Phenex. It would be funny if Thauron showed up. Abaddon would be like: Dude srs HOW DID YOU EVEN GET HERE SO FAST. He would be so mad xD))

Abaddon finally recalled that they were indeed in human territory. This was a bad place for Sid to be in. He tried to go to bring him back up but Phenex had other Ideas.

"No no Abby dear, the battle is up here. "

More fireballs went Abaddon's way. He hated Phenex for the sole fact he was proficient with fire magic. Each demon had specialized in one type of magic. Phenex was bless with total control of fire, he can even be reborn from his own ashes, which is how he got his name Phenex, it was closely associated with Phoenix.

But what abou Abaddon? What type of magic had he been blessed with total control over? Well to be honest he wasn't sure. He may be old, but Phenex was much older than the short haired demon. He had more time to discover his magical gift. Abaddon wasn't the type of person to wait around and figure it out. That was time consuming, he learned as much magic as he could get his hands on and just used them all. He wasn't bad with any of them, but he wasn't an expert on them as Phenex is with fire. And the long haired Demon seemed to notice this as well. He would often taunt the younger of his lack of aptitude of any class of magic. This infuriated Abaddon and got into many fights with Phenex. And as much as he hated to admit it, he would lose every time.

So back to this battle, why was Phenex so interested in fighting him if he knew he was going to win? Special magical signature or not, Abaddon had no idea what he meant. He wasn't even certain if he had this 'special signature' the other mentioned. Maybe he was messing with him as he always did.

Abaddon easily dodge the fireballs, as he dodged the last one he returned the favor by using ice magic to shoot giant icicles at the fire demon. He did not expect Abaddon to use ice magic and was struck while barely dodging the icicles. A nice thin cut which opened across Phenex's face. He was not happy he frowned and snarled at the other demon.

"You little beast! You cut me in my face! MY BEAUTIFUL FACE."

"So? It needed an improvement anyways. If only I had a material that would enable me to cover the rest of it. It would be quite the miracle."

Phenex roared with anger and charged at Abaddon. And that's what he was waiting for. Now that the other was filled with rage he could fight him better. Phenex was only a good fighter when he was calm. But not that he's upset, he won't be able to concentrate.

As the other charged him, Abaddon was able to shoot lightning at the long haired demon. He was too close to react and was shot out of the sky. He landed in some nearby trees. Abaddon took the opportunity to fly down and grab Sid before the woman attacked him. Abaddon shifted his face to a gruesome monster to scare her off.

'I almost forgot we were in human territory.'

Abaddon flew up high in the air, just as Phenex was recovering.

"That...actually hurt. You little monster, you're getting stronger aren't you?"

"This isn't like last time Phenex. I refuse to let you win any longer."

'Unfortunately that's a lie....I don't have a chance to beat him. Not until I find the magic that I am blessed to have complete control over as he has. I should probably explain this to you as we fight.'

Abaddon put up some shields to block off Phenex's fire bolts.

'Okay listen kid, each demon specializes in a certain type of magic. This allows them to kind of evolve into a super demon of this magic type. Phenex for example is a halfling like myself, but since he discovered his magic type to be fire, he's now a fully realized fire demon. Most demons share these magic types but the point is he's at a higher level than I am. I don't think I can take him, I have no idea what my special magic is. I haven't been able to figure it out. I didn't want to wait so I learned a bunch of magic which I know use. I don't suck at them but none of them is one in particular that I'm great in so I'm stuck as a halfling fighting this powerful fire demon.'

At some point Phenex broke the shield and charged at Abaddon. The younger quickly created a fire bolt to keep the older away. He tried his best to dodge any or all of Phenex's moves. With Sid on his back, he coudn't afford to get hit.

"Keep still so I can set you on fire Abby!"
It's me.
Old Posted 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I started typing, then allergies came in and then more excuses came up. i don't feel like the below post is any good. So I'll just re-read it another day. For now pretend this post never happened. u_u;

Old Posted 04-30-2014, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote