Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Thorns and Claws
Default   #33  
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

D: but i liked being a tree it made druids different.. T.T they just wanted to be lazy an no make a lycan tree form..

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:27 PM  
On in to the future
-Lurks in thread-

Hee hee.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:38 PM  
Developer
Default   #35  
I agree that some classes are getting really shook up; my Death Knight is finding himself with both of his specs disappearing. (I dual-wield, both as tank and as DPS, and if I want to continue to tank I'm essentially forced to go 2H now and I won't be able to play disease DW.) But that's just a bit of re-gearing, which everyone's going to be doing ANYWAY getting from level 81 to 85.

As for Tree of Life form, you still get it and you're still expected to use it; it's not being taken away from you. It's just part of Blizzard's plan to cut back on talents that grant passive bonuses and replace them with more active things. You're going to like the new Tree of Life form a lot more than the old one, I think, once you've had an opportunity to get used to it with a few serious raids; it'll be more fun to play even if it's a bit less available for RP.

Still, that's not what I call "basic mechanics" by any stretch -- as I said, overall the game still plays like the same game; they're just tuning it. These changes aren't any more dramatic than the changes that happened between the initial release and Wrath, and it's all in the name of making the game more fun to play. They're making gameplay more interesting and less punishing -- if you lag for a moment or miss a button it's not going to completely screw up your output anymore like what happened with some specs of some classes during Wrath.

Maybe it's just my experience playing Classic talking. Wrath made the game too easy to settle into hitting your buttons in order without having to pay too much attention.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 03:24 PM  
Trisphee's Personal Doodlekin
I've been playing the beta, too, and while there are a lot of changes, it's no different than how Classic changed in Burning Crusade. I've been playing since November of 2005, and I'm actually excited over 31 talents again just like in Classic. I'm also excited about how I get some of the key items that spec has AT LEVEL 10!

I really think that's too much trying to compare WoW to a facebook app.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 03:35 PM  
Developer
Default   #37  
Let me know when Facebook gets an MMO with multiplayer raids. ;) I might actually bother signing in.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 03:56 PM  
Thorns and Claws

i know it plays over all the same, but the user base will still be the same retards from before.. =/ 80% of the wow players i have met can't listen to simple directions in a raid.. i started playing Aion due to the fact the game is improving an listening to the users about things they dislike.. like the most recent event an the jumping botters xD

but anyway i know id still have the tree form but the forms is what made me choose a druid.. i mean i love her to death an it's tempting to go back but i'd change servers for starters .. theres no wait i could go back to Fail-trigg... i mean my druid has over 700 achievement points, 115 mounts and 116 mini pets - some being CE pets and i have the spectral tiger mount to top it off x.x i was all for achievements but when the guild we were in couldnt even finish the 10-man ICC with the super buff from the place.. i mean thats just sad how many times do you have to say don't go near others when you have the ice block D:

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 07:44 PM  
Developer
Default   #39  
It can be tough to find a competent guild, especially this late in an expansion -- it should be easier to find a good guild once Cataclysm comes out because you won't be stuck with such stratified gear. Right now in Wrath, when you get to 80 wearing quest blues you're basically stuck grinding randoms until you get enough badges to start grinding heroics so you can get enough badges to... get gear that's not good enough to get you into ICC, and nobody wants to run the older raids anymore. But when Cataclysm starts, everyone will be in level 85 quest blues or, at most, Tier 11; people will be running the raids that you can actually handle.
Old Posted 10-11-2010, 12:53 PM  
Dark Elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I agree that some classes are getting really shook up; my Death Knight is finding himself with both of his specs disappearing. (I dual-wield, both as tank and as DPS, and if I want to continue to tank I'm essentially forced to go 2H now and I won't be able to play disease DW.) But that's just a bit of re-gearing, which everyone's going to be doing ANYWAY getting from level 81 to 85.

As for Tree of Life form, you still get it and you're still expected to use it; it's not being taken away from you. It's just part of Blizzard's plan to cut back on talents that grant passive bonuses and replace them with more active things. You're going to like the new Tree of Life form a lot more than the old one, I think, once you've had an opportunity to get used to it with a few serious raids; it'll be more fun to play even if it's a bit less available for RP.

Still, that's not what I call "basic mechanics" by any stretch -- as I said, overall the game still plays like the same game; they're just tuning it. These changes aren't any more dramatic than the changes that happened between the initial release and Wrath, and it's all in the name of making the game more fun to play. They're making gameplay more interesting and less punishing -- if you lag for a moment or miss a button it's not going to completely screw up your output anymore like what happened with some specs of some classes during Wrath.

Maybe it's just my experience playing Classic talking. Wrath made the game too easy to settle into hitting your buttons in order without having to pay too much attention.

You obviously weren't a cat druid @_@... that was some fun DPSing... sure they still have cooldowns and abilities use runes/mana/energy/focus/rage, but what game doesn't in the market really? So I can't really count that towards basic mechanics.

And i was comparing it to a facebook app in the fact that it's more like a social network rather than a game. They're even adding a friends from facebook feature... why do we need that?!

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM  
Developer
Default   #41  
Wait, 1 1 2, 1 1 2 was "fun DPSing"?

Edit: That's obviously an exaggeration, but most of what I'd heard about cat druids is that they were pretty much sticking to a couple of abilities.
Old Posted 10-11-2010, 01:19 PM  
Dark Elf

A good cat druid would use many abilities. For example my offset was cat, i was in 90% tank non-heroic ICC25 gear, and i still would do 12-13k single target dps on a boss and anywhere from 21k-42k dps on trash pulls... >.>

there's multiple cooldown abilites to pop, proc abilities which required you to prioritized how you utilize them, debuffs to keep on the boss, and worry about agro (lots of front-end agro)

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 01:28 PM  
Moderation Admin
Default   #43  
Not to break up the WoW-a-thon, but... does anyone want to get some HoM rewards with me for GW2? I'm kinda... low. >.>;

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 10-11-2010, 01:47 PM  
Dark Elf

What game is GW2? i can think of many games with that acronym xD

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM  
Moderation Admin
Default   #45  
Guild Wars 2? XP

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 02:10 PM  
Thorns and Claws

GW2 isn't out yet so i don't quite get what your asking o.O

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 02:13 PM  
Dark Elf
Default   #47  

Maybe there's rewards for it you can unlock through another game? o-o; i dunno

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 02:14 PM  
Moderation Admin
Okay, so, lemme explain, I guess.

In GW, you can get trophies/rare armors/weapons/etc. that you dedicate in your Hall of Monuments (HoM). Then, when GW2 comes out soon, you can turn in these rewards for rewards in GW2. XD

I was wondering if anyone wanted a partner in getting more rewards so that we could work together. >.>;

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM  
Closed Thread