Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #2145  
Hey guys, uh, is there a word for a dream that's kind of scary,?
<:/ And woke you up in the middle of the night,
but wasn't nearly as scary as other dreams you've had,
like when you wake up in your sweat or your heart pounding?
Is is still a nightmare?
I feel like a nightmare is seeing a Christmas porcelain doll crawl down a shelf and no one believing you when it returns to it's spot.
And I had a dream about being trapped in a school building/offices at night, with the power fluxuating off and on, and some kind of dark monster that is tracking me by my period blood. e_e;??? Like, I was scared, but I didn't wake up in a panic...and fell back asleep within 10 minutes.
Was that a nightmare??

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-17-2019, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I'm no expert,
But to me, any dream that perturbs or disturbs you would count as a nightmare.

I tend to have really bad dreams about the lights not working. So like, sometimes I'll be having a very basic dream, but then I go to turn the lights on and they don't work...

I'm extremely afraid of the dark, so immediately I start to panic and freak out when the lights don't work in my dreams. ;-;

It might just be called a "bad dream" instead of full on nightmare.
But still sounds scary!
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-17-2019, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #2147  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I know how you feel. You're listing off stuff I saw in high school and college.
I miss those days...
Anime was good back then, IMHO.

That was around 2000s, like 2000-2007/8

There were really weird and funny ones that Best Buy used to sell too.
Eiken? I think was one?
Like, there used to be whole rows of anime DVDs back then!
I liked Cardcaptor Sakura and Mao Chan and such.

;w;

I did not get into Sailor Moon, though?
And they rebooted it recently, yeah? I tried to watch the reboot... but couldn't get into it :(

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-17-2019, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
I'm no expert,
But to me, any dream that perturbs or disturbs you would count as a nightmare.

I tend to have really bad dreams about the lights not working. So like, sometimes I'll be having a very basic dream, but then I go to turn the lights on and they don't work...

I'm extremely afraid of the dark, so immediately I start to panic and freak out when the lights don't work in my dreams. ;-;

It might just be called a "bad dream" instead of full on nightmare.
But still sounds scary!
oh. o_o Welp, in that case. <:] I guess I don't have to worry about me having frequent nightmares, just really bad dreams. <x} And some weird ones too!
Like finding my brother's girlfriend drowned in a pool with their friends and suddenly shrunk into a little plastic doll, but she still needed resuscitation??? /8\ Yeh, that was weird, and I was pissed off at their friends for letting her drown. >:/

I was afraid of the dark. :] But not no more. I'm just afraid of what I THINK is in the dark. If I can hide in the dark, the dark is my friend.
But when the lights don't work, and I need to go into the dark, <:s Yehhh it gets a little scary...ngl. I just try to stay calm and find a light somewhere.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-17-2019, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #2149  
Ohh!

I've had dreams like those too :(
They're very unsettling. D:

I think the fear of what's in the dark is scarier than the dark itself.
But I don't like being in the dark... If I'm being honest, sometimes I don't even like washing my hair because I don't like having my eyes closed too long.
I get really worried when it's dark, even if it's just my eyes closed. :(

It's hard getting over fears!
And I feel like the longer you have the fear, the harder it is to overcome it

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-17-2019, 11:26 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Most of my dreams are just very vivid and leave me more confused than anything. I don't consider them nightmares, they're just weird and too difficult to explain.
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 11-17-2019, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2151  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
I miss those days...
Anime was good back then, IMHO.

That was around 2000s, like 2000-2007/8

There were really weird and funny ones that Best Buy used to sell too.
Eiken? I think was one?
Like, there used to be whole rows of anime DVDs back then!
I liked Cardcaptor Sakura and Mao Chan and such.

;w;

I did not get into Sailor Moon, though?
And they rebooted it recently, yeah? I tried to watch the reboot... but couldn't get into it :(
I think it's less that "anime was good back then" as it is that anime wasn't as common back then, so we only got to see the stuff that someone thought was good enough to show us. Nowadays it's gotten popular so we're exposed to the whole range of stuff and most of it isn't as good as the best.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-18-2019, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i decide what a nightmare is purely by how it makes me feel. even if what's happening isn't supposed to make me feel as scared as it does.

like i had a dream about a man who everyone knew was doing dark magic and he was following me. i knew he was targeting me with his magic and even though i never saw him do it and never experienced the effects of his magic in the dream, it still scared me shitless not knowing what would happen to me.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-18-2019, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #2153  
I just consider those to be nightmares. Which unfortunately means almost every dream I have is a nightmare. What’s worse, ever since a few years back, I’ve lost the ability to retain 80% of my dreams. And you’d think that’s a good thing, but I have a fixation on knowing everything, and not being able to recall a dream is something that frequently gives me more anxiety than bad dreams themselves.

...You know what I miss? Blockbusters.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-18-2019, 02:22 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i, too, hate not being able to recall a dream. it's as if, by remembering the dream i can rob it of its power but as long as i can't i feel like it's still growling deep in the swamp of my subconscious or something

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-18-2019, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #2155  
Sometimes, my brain will pass over some thought or concept or the likes, and then it goes “That!. That reminded me of the dream.” Except I can’t remember what the thought or concept was, and trying to recall it again is futile.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-18-2019, 04:59 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
got it. and sometimes i don't know whether i just had a recurring dream (and just can't remember the first time i had it) or whether i'm dreaming a feeling of deja vu.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 11-18-2019, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2157  
vague gesturing because i literally cannot access memories at times, so it's a grab bag if i remember dreaming or not.

i used to dream about living in a house that was bigger than ours, and i dreamed about it burning down. i'm pretty sure i did.

nowadays i don't seem to dream at all.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 11-18-2019, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
For me, it's 50/50. I either remember my dream or I don't. :/ And if I remember it, I won't remember it all entirely sometimes. RARELY will I recall the full dream, <x} and I usually will if it's scary/weird/cool/stupid/strongly evoking in some way enough.

Last night I had a simple dream, of losing my mom's stapler at Disneyland next to the Matterhorn ride. o-o; I don't know why I had it, or why I took it with me on the ride, only to leave it sitting on the side of the gate before the ride started. <x} I had to go back and find it again and I don't remember if I did or not. I don't even remember if I was alone or with someone. o_o; Kinda weird tho..

Old Posted 11-18-2019, 12:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #2159  
I think it's a curse that I can usually remember like 70% of my dreams.

It's weird though because I can never lucid dream. I'm always convinced my dreams are real life occurrences, even when stuff happens that's absolutely out of the range of reality.

I had a rather bad dream last night myself.

I'm not going to talk about it, though.
It's probably better I don't think about it. :c

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-18-2019, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
I don't want to lucid dream. i like just seeing where they go, even when they go to horrible places
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 11-18-2019, 09:39 PM Reply With Quote