Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #65  
Updated! (Totally not because I spend all my aurum). I'd add something but nothing immediately comes to mind. Been a while since I watched an entire movie as well.
Old Posted 02-09-2019, 07:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Can I aaaaaaadd a #36?
:o
John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)?

I just really hated watching anything scary when I was young and I'm only barely warming up to the whole horror movie genre. <:]

I was never brave enough to watch anything, but the praise I heard for this classic horror sci-fi was enough to peak my curiosity and check it out despite my cowardly chicken nature.

I didn't regret it as it was the only film I had seen with such amazingly executed special effects and it more captures the paranoia of being among an imposter, like the sci-fi story it was based on, "Who Goes There?" by John W. Campbell Jr. (which I read after watching The Thing and absolutely enjoyed.)

Since sitting through The Thing, and some other horror movies I've been brave enough to watch so far, I'm now a little less afraid <:] and glad that I found something I could actually enjoy watching now. I still haven't seen a lot of zombie movies or some famous iconic horrors like Halloween, but if you're a big fraidy cat like I am, find what interests you enough that you can get past the scary stuff. (My first horror movie was "Alien VS Predator" because I liked space aliens and battles.)

I'd say, if you like pyrotechnics, paranoia, gore, and enjoy practical effects in movies, and haven't seen The Thing yet, give it a watch! :]

But if you're a bit squeamish with blood, like snow doggies too much to see anything bad happen to them, or can't stand movies without a clear resolution or definite ending, The Thing might not be for you. <:]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-11-2019, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #67  
37. What We do in the Shadows (2014)
An absolutely hilarious supernatural themed Mockumentory following the daily lives of some vampire flatmates.
Old Posted 03-01-2019, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
We're actually at #40 now, but I can't think of a movie that's left enough of an impression lately.
Old Posted 03-02-2019, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #69  
40. Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

It's such a charming film about a young witch named Kiki who just turned 13, and according to tradition, must go off on her own and train for a year. She is very excited about her new journey, and comes across some obstacles along the way. But she has her talking cat, Jiji, to help her.

It's personally one of my favorite Ghibli films next to Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and My Neighbor Totoro. ;u;

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 06-09-2019, 06:53 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
My brother liked that film a lot but I've never watched it. It was one of the first animes he saw after my sister and I badgered him about the genre enough times.

I'm going to have to follow that with

41. My Neighbor Toroto (20th Century Fox)
It really is a great film. Watched it a pile of times since my nephews were all over it. "Cabuh" was an early word from the younger boy, meaning Cat Bus. If you can get it, the 20th Century Fox translation is the one that most people I know prefer. It just feels more genuinely charming. Not easy to get though, since Disney picked it up and had to re-dub it.
Old Posted 06-11-2019, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #71  
Is the movie Snatch on here? :o It came out in 2000, but I never saw it until recently, and it was great. x} Honestly, I wish I saw it sooner. But I think it's an acquired taste movie?
I dunno. #42. Snatch (2000)

It's about various criminals all trying to get this big diamond in London, while at the same time living their criminal lives, and as their own plots all sort of intertwine, hijinks ensue, things get crazy, violence happens and hilarity triumphs. x} I will say, it's rated R, for of course the violence and language, plus some brief boobs, and insinuated animal cruelty, but I don't think any dogs were actually hurt. :o
But it's funny. x} And I enjoyed it. Especially the parts with Boris.
If you like gangster/crime/funny British humor, see Snatch. x'D

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 06-25-2019, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Okay fine! I'll go again. Jeez. :P

31. "Hush" (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 4) - 1999

The only Buffy episode to be nominated for an Emmy (or so I'm told). Due to a curse on Sunnydale the people lose their voices so the bulk of the episode has no dialogue. It's done all through gesture and music, and done very well in my opinion, especially the ending.

There's stuff in there that probably matters more to people familiar with the characters, but it still good enough to watch solo, I think, just to see how it was done.
Wait...we can suggest episodes of TV shows for this as well?
Because....

43. "Once More With Feeling" (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 6) - 2001
It may not have been nominated for an Emmy, but it does have amazingly catchy, emotional, and sometimes humorous songs, which cover some actually pretty deep issues when you realize exactly what all the characters are dealing with.
Also, except for minor amounts of dialogue, it is entirely sung. By the actual cast. Several of whom are or were actually legitimate musicians/singers.

Also, I used to have the full soundtrack for this episode and it's just really fun to sing along to. Good for lovers of cheesy musicals.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Last edited by Derpy McBlueEyes; 06-25-2019 at 12:35 AM.
Old Posted 06-25-2019, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #73  
But I like the Disney dub. ;u; The voices really fit the characters IMO.

And now onto another one that I recently watched:

44. When Marnie Was There

This film follows Anna, an introverted girl who lives in foster care. She is sent to visit her caretaker's relatives for the summer to help with her asthma. While there, she stumbles upon an old mansion and a mysterious girl.

The film is beautifully done and I fell in love with it. ;u;

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 06-26-2019, 07:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
45. Just My Luck
It stars Chris Pine and is the cutest movie ever! Its about having good luck and bad luck. Bad luck can get worse and good luck gets better. It can also switch on you. Pine is so cute and adorable in this!
I Have Been Robbed! Please Donate to my GoFundMe!

YouTube Video Fund
GoFundMe Donations

AmericanGoingCrazy Youtube Channel

Trying to get a youtube channel started! View & Subscribe & My Buddies!

2thankyou4watching
Old Posted 08-11-2019, 10:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #75  
Alright, I've Heard A Lot Of Hate For This Movie Because It Just Didn't Match Up To The Manga, But I Enjoyed It. Koe No Katachi Is An Anime Movie Of A Young Girl And Her Childhood Bully Come Friend Come Love Interest. There Is A Particular Reason For The Bullying And Mistreatment Outside Of 'Oh, Hey, That Looks Like A Fun Person To Pick On..' Most Bullies Go For, Though It's Still Not Very Good. No 'Reasons' Are Good Reasons. It's Not Really A Spoiler, But Some People Love Going Into A Movie Completely Blind, So If You Don't Already Know And Want To, Just Ask. I Loved The Main Character And Although I Didn't Like The Other Character's Earlier Actions, It's Always An Interesting Turn-Around When The Bully Ends Up With Complicated Social Issues, Like Anxiety. And Again, He Does Come Around In The End (And More.) Definitely Worth A Watch In My Opinion..
I'm Just A Very Gay And Very Proud Cartoon Fan From The Big U.S. Of A, Although I Can Be Found On DragCave, MagiStream, Pixpets, And PokéFarm As Well As Plenty Of Other Sites. Speaking Of, Here's A Beautiful Blue Boy In Need Of Some Loving, If You Don't Mind..
Old Posted 12-23-2019, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I see I have a lot of updating to do. Perhaps later. Meanwhile,

47. The Bucket List

I only saw parts of it but while I was watching I couldn't help but think about the idea of how one lives their life with the knowledge of death. I lost my father a year and a half ago to Cancer, and my grandfather a few years before that, and it had me thinking about life philosophies and such. It's also just a really good movie. Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
Old Posted 01-29-2020, 03:52 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #77  
Updated. I'm putting in dates as I find them online, usually via IMDB. I think I have them correct but in the case of translated films sometimes the dates will vary according to when certain dubs were made. Films with multi-country releases can have varied dates as well. I'm mostly going with my best guess.
Old Posted 01-29-2020, 04:04 AM Reply With Quote