Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #65  
Any good mech anime recommendations? I love mechs so much and I'd like to expand on my obsession.

“The Dreamer awakes
The shadow goes by
The tale I have told you,
That tale is a lie.
But listen to me,
Bright maiden, proud youth
The tale is a lie;
What it tells is the truth.”

― Traditional folktale ending

Old Posted 04-25-2019, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Ooohh hmmm I'm not one to really watch a lot of mech anime. ;u; But hope you find something! But I am a fan of Macross Frontier. :3

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 04-26-2019, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #67  
Anyone seen Saiki K or Servamp? I'm finally watching both and I really like them! :3

Old Posted 05-07-2019, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I'm also going back to rewatching episodes of Inuyasha I've seen because I forgot a lot of things..... .___."

Old Posted 05-09-2019, 06:52 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #69  
i haven't watched much anme in the last few years. i grew up but the characters never do and it gets exhausting to see yet another show of under-eighteens learning about themselves and the world for the first time. it was ok twenty years ago when i was a lad and the story was fresh but dang x_____x
Old Posted 07-13-2020, 08:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<u< U watchin' the wrong animes dude.
<X} I got tired of that when I saw it the first time. An anime's gotta be pretty good to be able to keep me watching it with those sorts of clichés.

Currently, I am watching JOJO's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind. <x] I had to watch it through to the 5th part because wow is this series nonsensical and hilariously absurd. >.> Once I'm done with it though, I might quit with the JOJO series and watch something else...
Maybe Parasyte. :/ That seemed interesting.
(I watch anime for mostly the weird/supernatural/dark/science/satire elements, my bro is more of a romance/sentimental/heroic/comedy sorta dude.)

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 07-13-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old Posted 07-13-2020, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #71  
eh, the more 'adult' ones usually come peppered with a lot of sexual assault and harassment and tend to be pretty heteronormativly aggressive. the stuff that is less traumatic tends to just be about kids and teens

i think yuri on ice and the second season of yamishibai were the most recent anime i have seen that wasn't super problematic with a skew towards the young
Old Posted 07-13-2020, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Yeeeaaahhh, >~> I tend to really not like those ones in particular. They're kinda uncomfortable and make my soul cringe.

:T Yamishibai looks interesting. I might check it out one day.
<x] I enjoyed Violet Evergarden immensely which is one I recently finished watching. <:/ It was a little sad but also a little uplifting. I watched it in German dub tho instead of Japanese dub. x] Just because I felt it fit more with the fictional world.
O_O I gotta say, those German voice actors did phenomenal jobs, I was impressed.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-13-2020, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #73  
-nods- i recommend it, just keep in mind it is _very_ japanese, there are basically only two kinds of stories, the 'you broke a rule now your life is going to suck hard' and 'spirits don't abide by the rules, sucks to be you'

of course if you go in understanding that every rule must be abided by(be it traffic rules or rules of social etiquette) and that everything has one perfect correct way that it must look/be/sound then the stories will be pretty easy to suss out and the 'scariness' of the punishments will make sense
Old Posted 07-14-2020, 07:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
o.o I see.
I'll need to keep that in mind. ^-^

Old Posted 07-15-2020, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #75  
*slowly walks in*

Hi everyone, hope you all don't mind me joining in? And I hope everyone's doing fine :3
Old Posted 10-25-2020, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I finally started watching Yuukoku no Moriarty, and I really like it so far. :D

And yes, feel free to join in!

Old Posted 10-26-2020, 08:22 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #77  
Oh hi I'm resurrecting this

Old Posted 01-18-2021, 09:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Master of Shadows
Well, lets do some resurrecting then. Im currently watching Yu Yu Hakusho on top of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou.
Its Always Darkest Before The Dawn....
In The Dark Is Where I Lay, In The Shadows Is Where I Stay

He's one Smart Man
Old Posted 01-18-2021, 02:52 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #79  
So I'm just gonna randomly slide in and flail about because I've seen people posting about Inuyasha, Yuyu Hakusho, and Yuri on Ice.

I'm not very active on here (this is my first actual forum post in easily a year or more), but I lurk pretty often and I've been looking for a new place to hang out since Lawtan's Library has gotten quiet.

I'm currently watching Ai Yori Aoshi, YashaHime: Half Demon Princess, My Hero Academia, The Day I Became A God, Sailor Moon Crystal with my youngest kiddo, and a slew of other things on funimation with my partners.
World's worst for poofing during a conversation. Sorry.
Old Posted 01-19-2021, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Master of Shadows
yo Ai Yori Aoshi is really good. Ive seen my fair share of romance animes like Love Hina which was good also. haven't seen Yasahime or Sailor Moon tho
Its Always Darkest Before The Dawn....
In The Dark Is Where I Lay, In The Shadows Is Where I Stay

He's one Smart Man
Old Posted 01-22-2021, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote