AAAAAAAAAAAA

Old Posted 11-02-2018, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
Oh right I should play the thing
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-02-2018, 08:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've already done two complete playthroughs to see both endings and I'm currently working on trying to beat the bonus boss.

People say it's easier than Sans... I disagree. All of Sans's patterns were things I could see how to deal with, even if it took me a couple hundred attempts to deal with them without making mistakes. It was something that could be done through memorization.

This boss... CHAOS, CHAOS! Most of the patterns are either very dense with no obvious route to avoid it, or completely random so you just have to get lucky and not get stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Furthermore, making a mistake against Sans just means taking some damage. Since Sans is 100% an endurance fight, having to heal doesn't interfere with your battle progress.

Making a mistake here... If you're going for the nonviolent win, you can't use the team ACT if one of your party members is busy healing. If you're going for the violent win, turns spent healing are turns not spent dealing damage. In either case, that means having to heal exposes you to more attacks that you then might have to heal from, and you have three times as many HP bars to keep filled.

Furthermore, taking a hit means you can't charge TP for a couple seconds. If you don't have enough TP, you can't use Heal Prayer and you can't use ACT (Kris's ACTs use TP in this fight). And even if you can use Heal Prayer, that's using up the TP you would need to use ACT to get the nonviolent win... but on the other hand, the best way to charge TP is to Defend. If you're going for the violent win you're that much more constrained on TP generation, and if you're going for the nonviolent win then any turn spent doing anything but defending or ACTing means you're not making progress -- and therefore exposing yourself to more attacks.

So if you're a god at dodging bullets, then sure, this boss is easier than Sans. But Sans is a lot more forgiving of minor mistakes along the way.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-02-2018, 11:53 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
I knew he was announcing the game on Halloween, but dropping that demo when I was at work. SUCKED.

I beat it in its entirety during Halloween night and god damn am I thirsty for more. I still can't believe he wrote the entire script to this sequel since 2012. What sucks is that only chapter 1 of this game is done and nothing else. Meaning we will probably be waiting for eons for the next game. Apparently, Toby is putting a team together for Deltarune and is trying to make this a slightly bigger game then Undertale.

X_X I love my fluffy boy so much and I'll murder the person who hurts him and then myself.

Old Posted 11-04-2018, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
susie and kris are the best characters and i would die for them

Old Posted 11-04-2018, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #7  
Perhaps someday I will actually finish Undertale... it might take me long enough that the next game will be out and then I can just play one after the other.

I've started it twice and ended up losing my saves both times. Thrilled to hear that they're doing more though!
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
He didn't write the entire script to this in 2012. He came up with the concept in 2012 and started working on it, and he had to discard a lot of the concepts because it turned into Undertale and went in a different direction. So SOME of the material is that old, but if I'm reading his Twitter feed correctly he was doing some of the scriptwriting in 2015 after he finished Undertale.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 09:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #9  
I'm stuck trying to beat the bonus boss. x_x

I have found reliable patterns...up until a point.

Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 05:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
I'm stuck trying to beat the bonus boss. x_x

I have found reliable patterns...up until a point.

Welcome to my pain.

Old Posted 11-05-2018, 09:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #11  
deltarune, you say?

...oddly enough, i can't be arsed to play the game or watch a playthrough, then again, i'm perfectly fine with spoilers.
Old Posted 11-18-2018, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Deltarune is super fun! I beat it within a few hours of it dropping and proceeded to burst at the seams tryinh to not talk about it for 24 hours haha

I still haven't beat that secrecy boss though, urgh. He's so tough! I've some things that were suggested elsewhere, but I've never actually beaten him.
Old Posted 11-19-2018, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #13  
i kinda think the reason why i don't particularly want to play it is so that i don't hype myself up and end up overhyping myself, because i tend to do that by accident.

then again, i've been really burnt out on everything and just making cards against humanity decks on azala's site.
Old Posted 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM Reply With Quote