Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default Marvel's Jessica Jones   #1  
I just finished watching Jessica Jones with my sister. Came out last week as a Netflix exclusive.

For the uninitiated, basic premise is that Jessica is a private investigator with super powers, but she stays under the radar and doesn't do the whole "hero" thing - uses her strength to break locks and other mundane stuff for her job.

As a Netflix exclusive, they can get away with a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly on cable TV or even in the big Marvel movies. Jessica Jones gets real as heck about trauma, victimization, and (loss of) control. Gritty stuff. Makes it all the more powerful.

Anyone else seen this amazing show yet?
If not, go! Watch! What are you doing with your life?!
Those who have seen it, tell me what you think! Which character do you relate to best? What snarky comment was your favorite? Which dramatic moment hit home the most?

Remember lovelies, spoilers in tags and be sensitive about feelings. I'm talking Lifestyles & Issues level sensitivity up in here.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-27-2015, 03:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I haven't watched that yet, although my parents recommended it to me yesterday, and they have good taste in shows.

I'm gonna be giving it a go soon. It sounds interesting. :D

Daredevil was another good Netflix show, I imagine it's probably the same universe, but I don't know yet.
Old Posted 11-27-2015, 10:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #3  
There are a lot of R-rated scenes! Like every episode! Sometimes it seems a little unnecessary. Otherwise I like it.

I read a funny on fb about how after watching David Tennant be a bad guy, while using his Doctor accent, that his companions on doctor who are not there by choice and are instead hostages, and that makes me laugh.

Old Posted 11-27-2015, 02:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Toho, definitely give it a go! It is probably the same universe, as Marvel ties all their stuff together. One person in the show made a vague reference to what my sister believes is Daredevil.

Yeah, there are a lot of R-rated scenes. :O The amount of sex made me a little uncomfortable, but it was worth powering through. The gore sometimes got a little nasty too. I was half-covering my eyes with my blankie a lot of the time!

That's a funny crossover theory, ahaha. Kilgrave definitely felt very doctor-y at some points. There's no way the doctor could be Kilgrave when Donna Noble is around, though. Donna was totally the boss of the Doctor.

Old Posted 11-27-2015, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #5  
I started watching it today. :D

Daredevil made references to the Avengers movies, and Jessica Jones was much more direct about it. The shows are clearly in the same universe as the Marvel movies.

It's pretty cool. Very well done.
Old Posted 11-27-2015, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
I couldn't make it past episode 1 of daredevil xD but in the comics Jessica
so that's the tie in ouo

I read online too that once jessica jones is over they are going to make a Luke Cage show as well.

Old Posted 11-27-2015, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
Next to Agent Carter she is one of the best heroines I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

VERY. And I mean VERY good show. I'm not finished yet (episode 7 or 8 right now.) But I'm very impressed with the story and acting. Daredevil bored me to tears, but Jessica Jones has perfect pacing and has interested me from the start.

I had very low expectations but I'm genuinely surprised by the quality.

The only thing that I dislike though is that I can't see too many storylines down the road. I hope she teams up with Daredevil, Electra, and Iron Fist then move on to forming the Defenders, Thunderbolts, or something like that.

Here's hoping that Captain America Civil War will be setting the story up for this to happen.

Old Posted 11-27-2015, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
One person in the show made a vague reference to what my sister believes is Daredevil.
Pretty sure the person you're talking about was actually a character from the netflix Daredevil series!

I just watched the last episode today. It was a very emotionally draining experience, but the end more than made up for it.

My favorite line was Jessica's "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger."
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #9  
Ah! I never watched Daredevil so you might be right, Dolly. Thanks for that insight; I never would've known. I love how all the Marvel shows tie together so well.

Illu, trust, there will be another season. Can't solve a mystery without digging up more mysteries along the way! (And certainly can't leave all this free money from the adoring fans just laying around on the table, you know?)

Episode 10 Spoilers

ENDING SPOILERS AHEAD BEWARE

Old Posted 11-28-2015, 04:59 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist

Old Posted 11-28-2015, 05:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
I know, right? I hated every moment of Robyn up until

But what fun would it be if bad things happened to annoying characters? Gotta tug at your heartstrings, man. T_T

Old Posted 11-28-2015, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Quote:
Episode 10 Spoilers
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post

Old Posted 11-28-2015, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Quote:
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote