Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default Mega Piranha   #1  
So...yeah...anyone else seen this movie? I have a weakness for b-grade horror movies, particuarly those that feature savage fish. I'm at something of a loss in terms of how to describe it, seeing as it is so perplexingly bad I'm not sure how what to make of it. In the first portion, my friends and I couldn't help but comment on the rather severe inacuracies about piranha and the Amazon river. Then it was the rather fast moving plot (so fast you didn't even see it happen!). After this stuff, continuity errors were almost a requirement. Wizards did it. Really.
Old Posted 06-29-2012, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I've heard of it but won't watch it. It just reminds me of a jaws spin off that is suppose to be frightening but in actually piranhas don't just blantly eat anything in site or in the water. It'll happen then they are starving hungry

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
We watched it again last night when everyone had a few beers in them. The new debate now is whether or not the people were attempting to make a serious movie or if the whole thing was actually meant to be as bad as it is. It's in no way comparable to Jaws I figure. (I love that film by the way, and it's a rare good horror movie). The earlier film (earlier than Mega), Piranha! actually has Richard Dreyfuss in a cameo role as Matt Hooper in retirement. Piranha! doesn't make any attempt to hide that it's an over the top campy movie about mass attacking prehistoric piranha. Mega Piranha on the other hand, we're not sure. You can't even call it B-grade. It's an insult to B-grade films.
Old Posted 07-02-2012, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote