Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
You should check out the events. There's a couple different ways to get to the events screen; there's one on the home page and one that's a blimp at the top-right corner of the tour screen.

We just missed the Dohton Bori collaboration, but I think it may have been out of our leagues as starting players, but there's a free-play event and a daily XP bromide event. If you're good at rhythm games it's actually possible to beat the Normal-level XP courses (although you won't be able to get the challenge bonus until you've leveled up enough to have sufficient Soul to KO the boss) which is worth a couple of SR bromides (basically, King Gem/Metal Dragons). It costs 15 stamina, though, so the Easy ones (which drop 2-3 R bromides, similar to a High Gem/Metal Dragon) are still worth it because they only cost 5.

Also, don't forget to roll on the friend gacha! There's actually a small chance of R bromides dropping from it, which will really boost your teams.

Also also, be sure to do the bingo. :P
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-29-2015, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Coda you scared me! xD Splitting the thread like that, i refreshed the PAD thread to get a "Thread does not exist" .. its not the thread that didn't exist, it was the PAGES!

Thanks for the translation on that button =)

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 09-29-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old Posted 09-29-2015, 08:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
Me sowwies :( Bad moderator, no cookie.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-29-2015, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
xD well since you got 1 person to play this game, it did need its own thread.

failed full combo >x<

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
I've been playing super-high-level songs in Deemo, which has a MUCH harder play style (notes can show up anywhere across the screen, not just in three fixed columns), and getting FC's on difficulty 8 (out of 10) songs. Show By Rock's early levels are a cakewalk by comparison; my problem is that I can handle the note sequences of the harder songs but my team isn't strong enough to actually complete the requirements.

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
hitting 2 notes at once is what gets me.. cause how i hold the phone and i use my stylus to play

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
Ah, don't do that. :P Hold your phone in both hands and use your thumbs, as if it were a game controller. (Because it is!)

Of course then you're in trouble when you have to press all three at once... my current approach to that is to hold it in my left hand, use my left thumb and right index finger for most of the song, and my left thumb, right index finger, and right middle finger when I need to hit all three.

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
i screw up more when i use my fingers ono my nails are long and makes it hard to see if the notes are ready to be hit xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-29-2015, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Then I guess you need to put the phone on the table and play with two styluses like drumsticks. :P

Old Posted 09-30-2015, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
then i'd have to buy another Dagi stylus OnO -dk likes dagi stylus thingies- x3

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-30-2015, 06:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #27  
So right now there's a mini-event going on with various challenges, and they give out pretty good rewards. (I got a SSR-rarity XP angel from one.)

The first two challenges are pretty easy -- they're just moderate-difficulty songs (I think *****?) for lower stamina cost than you would normally encounter them, making them approachable for players that would still find them challenging.

The third challenge is FUN. It's presented in "ghost" mode, which is like DDR's "hidden" mode -- the targets fade out as they scroll down the screen, so you have to look ahead by a beat or so. This still throws me off some, even with as much experience as I have playing rhythm games; I DO look ahead when playing, but I'm used to keeping an eye on the targets as I hit them so I can make sure I'm not moving too fast or too slow, and having that gone makes it harder for me to stay in rhythm, especially since the notes are more closely spaced at the top of the screen and spread out as they go down -- faster, more complex rhythms are really hard to read up there.

The fourth challenge bumps up the difficulty of the song enough that I failed it when I tried it, and while I can afford the stamina cost I have better things to do with it :P

By the way: Don't forget to pick up evo materials today! They drop from the sheet music event, and they're required to evolve the bands once they reach max level.

Old Posted 10-02-2015, 04:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Cute lil Fox Goddess
so much info xD coda is good at this

~The cute little Fox Goddess~

Quote:
Inari also appears in the form of a snake or dragon, and one folktale has Inari appear to a wicked man in the shape of a monstrous spider as a way of teaching him a lesson.
Old Posted 10-02-2015, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #29  
Well, I had to take the effort to figure it out, so I might as well share, right?

Old Posted 10-03-2015, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
i kinda wish we could make a wikia page for this cause searching through the thread might become a pain. maybe we use our first few posts to keep gathered important information? make sure the Japanese is there with translations so people know what to look for? info on how to side install to the different devices..

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 10-03-2015, 10:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #31  
There already is one, actually.

Old Posted 10-03-2015, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
o3o really? thats cool.. kinda sad we couldn't make it xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 10-04-2015, 09:07 AM Reply With Quote