Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default   #17  
I know a few people who have Windows 7. It didn't seem that great in my opinion. Not like how all the commercials made it out to be. Yeah, you can have two things up at once with the snap feature and it's a little cleaner. I'm sure it's just me, but I'm not used to navigating it yet and it seems strange. lol. I'm sure I would get familiar with it if I owned it.
Old Posted 09-12-2010, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
It's basically just like a smoother version of vista. Much Much Much Smoother. But yes I still love my XP, I have like 4 copies lying around here somewhere. xD
Old Posted 09-12-2010, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #19  
4 copies? lol. Nice. I never had vista so I can't say I know exactly what it was or how it ran. I'm guessing it just an updated version without so many bugs?
Old Posted 09-12-2010, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Vista just ran slow, and ate up a lot of video memory which a lot of people's computers couldn't handle and for gaming nerds (such as myself :D )
it affected the performance of our games. So I kind of have a vendetta against it :P
Old Posted 09-12-2010, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #21  
I've had Vista on both my laptops and never really had a problem with it (aside from the "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?" Yes I'm freaking sure! This isn't my first computer, I know what I'm doing thank you very much!)... but then, both laptops had pretty good RAM and I don't really play PC games aside from The Sims. xD I had a lot of bad luck with PC games (and ugh even getting The Sims to cooperate is a challenge sometimes) so I stick to consoles.
Old Posted 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Yea the security prompts like even trying to open a word document got really old really quick in Vista... Of course if I was the person behind Vista I would have made it so that there would be a security prompt for the security prompt: "Are you sure you want to do this? Yes. Are you really really sure? YES! Okay, just making sure. *user rages into oblivion*" Probably a good thing I don't work at Microsoft... lol
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 08:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #23  
I have Windows Vista on my laptop and it works well enough for me. I have thought about getting Windows 7 but I've heard different opinions from several people. One of my friends decided to install Windows 7 on her laptop, it took awhile to install but she uninstalled it quickly afterward, it just wasn't working for her. Oh the other hand, my brother has Windows 7 on his laptop also, so I've seen how Windows 7 works, and so far he hasn't had a problem with it.
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 11:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Red-aholic
I've got XP on one laptop and Vista on the other. Adore XP, hate Vista. *glares at this computer* Want to hurt it. xD I'd like to try Windows 7, I've heard great things. : )
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 11:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine Dragon View Post
Windows XP

I went to a licensed reseller breakfast with a rep from Microsoft when Vista was coming out and he couldn't keep it stable through the presentation. Needless to say, I wasn't ready to jump over to Vista that day! I'm not bashing Vista, mind you; just saying... I was scared off of it a bit! XD;

I've been kinda bidding my time since then; I know 7 is out, but I'm a little worried that it might not be as quick or dependable as good 'ol XP so I've been scared to update. XD;
By all means, bash Vista. :P Even Microsoft knows that Vista was a failure overall; XP's support lifetime was extended because Vista simply wasn't suitable for high-reliability use. 7 is much, much better.

As for me... I'm a UNIX guy. My primary computers are both Macs and before I got the Macs my old desktop and my old laptop both ran Linux. I use Windows as a measure of last resort and even then I have two full sets of UNIX tools installed there. (Cygwin and MSYS)

@Sushi: Windows 7 isn't impressive if you're looking at features alone. What makes it impressive is that it's actually fast and stable. It can be as fast as XP if you set it up right and it's more stable than either XP or Vista. I avoid using Windows but I seriously respect Windows 7.

@CyanideLollipop: Be glad it asks you if you're sure. Those prompts are the only thing standing between you and a lot of malware.
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
I have Windows XP on my laptop (it's 4 years old though) and Windows Vista on my desktop. I bought my desktop right before Windows 7 came out so it came with a free upgrade to 7 if I wanted it but I was too lazy to do it. I don't have a problem with Vista so I don't really care. My grandma has Windows 7 on her laptop and she is constantly complaining about it. xD
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #27  
Your grandma would probably complain about Vista, too; for the most part, Vista and 7 have the same user interface. :P
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Red-aholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Your grandma would probably complain about Vista, too; for the most part, Vista and 7 have the same user interface. :P
My dad has a laptop with Windows 7. He's had it on constantly ever since he got it several months ago. Yesterday he was having me teach him how to use a flash drive (....yeah) and afterward I told him to restart the stupid thing because leaving it on for eons isn't a good thing. He looks at me and goes, "I don't know how to turn it off. I've never done it before."

*dies* At least my mom is a bit more...capable? xD
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 01:25 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #29  
Mac OS X.

I'm a trendy Mac-Using College Student! I sit in coffee shops with my Macbook and "work on my novel"! Wheeee! xD

(Kidding, I don't sit in coffee shops to work on my novel - even though I wish I could - and I've never been trendy a day in my life).

Old Posted 09-13-2010, 01:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Super Artist
Mac OS X Leopard.

I can't work with Windows for shit. It always lags and it keeps crashing on my no matter what I do :/ It's a matter of time basically. I think the longest time my old computer could run without errors or viruses was a month.
My Mac hasn't gotten an error until it was 2 years old. I've never gotten one again since that one, tho.

Old Posted 09-13-2010, 01:54 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #31  
Wiggles, your entire post was saturated with stuffwhitepeoplelike.com. XD

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-13-2010, 03:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Coda - Yeah, I've heard that. I dunno, it's just really annoying when all I want to do is move a file. xD;

I'm... really incredibly paranoid when it comes to malware and stuff, though. I kinda killed a computer due to a trojan back when I was like ten. <__< But I haven't had any major malware since then, knock on wood.

Sakura - Wow. @__@ I used to leave my desktop on all the time, but I'd never do that with a laptop. I felt bad for leaving my laptop on for 24 hours the other day, let alone MONTHS. D:
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote