Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Writer
Default The Matchmaker's Booth   #1  
Spring is almost here, the first few shy flowers peek out from underneath snowy plains. Romance floats through the air and you want nothing more than someone to cuddle with in front of a fireplace. But even though you've been to your fair share of blind dates, love just doesn't wait around the corner.

But maybe love merely needs a gentle nudge. An arranged meeting with the one you've admired from afar.

There's no shame in asking for help. A sip of Love Potion #9 and 30 feet of sturdy rope have saved more relationships in past days than you may count. Thankfully, a matchmaker has set up camp. She looks like an old hag and the glint in her eyes suggests she collects souls in her spare time. Yet you ache for love. More than everything else.
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 03:53 PM  
Writer
There's a particular crush you just can't convince of your qualities? But you know they'd love you if they only get to know you a little better? Search no longer - the Matchmaker will set you up with one companion of your choice. Yes, one. Jeez. Save the polygamy for when you have your first reluctant crush securely locked up in your basement.

PHP Code:
[color=magenta][size=5]MatchmakerMatchmakermake me a match![/size][/color]
I want to spend some time with: (name of your desired Smooch Quest character
PHP Code:
[color=plum][size=5]MatchmakerMatchmakerfind me a find![/size][/color]
I want to steal: (name of your desired Smooch Quest item

After 3 other people have posted in this thread or 24 hours have passed since your last request (whatever happens earlier), you may make a new one to the old hag, and Matchmaker will send you your heart's desire.
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 04:01 PM  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3  
I...ah...hope this is open now...

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match!
I want to spend some time with: Albert VonStreuselberry
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 05:28 PM  
Writer
Yes, it is open. And what a coincidence - Albert has just received a note from an antiquarian bookseller about a rare edition of "The Old Man and the Sea". But when he expects to meet a trusted bibliophile, he is pushed into an old van instead. After an odyssey of squealing tires, the car comes to a halt at Kaderin's place.
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 06:49 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5  
Finally a service that does my kidnapping for me!

I want to spend some time with:Jello!
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 06:54 PM  
Truthwatcher
Aha, I see how this works now.

I do hope you're alright, Albert. That must have been awful!
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 07:00 PM  
Writer
Default   #7  
Kidnapping someone who's so quick to eat you poses quite a challenge, you think, and by now you're fairly certain the matchmaker does indeed strange business with some friends on the other side as you may call them. However, the old trick with breadcrumbs seems to work not only in fairytales. From the way they are laid out, they appear to lead into an all-you-can-eat diner. Jello eagerly follows, only to tumble into a hidden trapdoor leading to Mekatra's home.
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 07:02 PM  
A*DIC*TED
I can't feel my cheeks. XD Hit me up!

I want to spend some time with: Strider pls thank u

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 07:25 PM  
Writer
Default   #9  
There is only one single mailman who's brave enough to deliver letters to the drider cave, and normally he only delivers wal-mart catalogues. But this time he carries a colorful invitation to a costume party. Strider can't hide his excitement. Finally a way to interact with others and feel normal! They won't think of him as a monster, just someone with the most amazing costume ever. Little does he know he'll never arrive there. Just as he leaves his cave, he is captured in a web tighter and stronger than anything he has woven before, and the mysterious figure who captured him drops him off at bluebird's front porch.
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 07:47 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Fantastic! Just in time for dinner. :^D

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 08:11 PM  
Writer
Default   #11  
That better be candle light and a romantic three course menu for the two of you, because if you even attempt to hurt my darling...
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 08:17 PM  
Jellosexual
Mekatra we're gonna fight at the parking lot of 7/11 after school bra
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 08:55 PM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #13  
I want to spend some time with: galla, the best and most secret sq character of them all

Old Posted 02-16-2018, 11:30 PM  
Writer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
go home
The matchmaker has never rejected an impossible job, nor will she start to do so now. Of course this operation calls for an entire SWAT team and even with highly accurate GPS some of them got lost in the sewers. But eventually they manage to locate the target and subdue Galla with brute force. With siren wailing and blue light flashing, the secret date is hurried out to... Galla's house. Congrats, you scored a free ride!

Bonus: Matchmaker will now also help with items.
Since they're more random, be prepared for eventual wait time. On the bright side, everyone who already used the kidnapping service is now allowed to put in another request.
Old Posted 02-17-2018, 09:48 AM  
Pepsi Pagan
Default   #15  
I want to spend some time with: Charlie

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Last edited by EverAshwood; 02-17-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old Posted 02-17-2018, 10:54 AM  
Writer
Charlie has been selected as top speaker for the International Strong Women Conference, or so she believes. But while she's going through her flashcards on the future of feminism, someone grabs her from behind and presses a moist handkerchief onto her face. The world fades to black and once Charlie regains consciousness, she finds herself leaning against EverAshwood's apartment door.
Old Posted 02-17-2018, 02:41 PM