Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Forward Thinker
Default Avatar Editor Discussion & Updates   #1  
Now that the Editor has been launched officially, seems like time for a discussion thread!

Thoughts? Concerns? Problems? I want to hear them all!

On the off chance things aren't working right for you, I am leaving the old versions of the Editor and Inventory accessible for some time.

Old Editor

Old Inventory

You can also find the changelog I made as I worked on it here.
Old Posted 07-01-2020, 02:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
The changes I made in the past couple days before launch include:
  • Adjusted styling to be more consistent with what currently exists, and what we plan on using going forward with new features

• Properly handled logged out users. (Logged out editing is not implemented yet.)

• Made sure footers actually appear

• Adjusted lots of styling to look more deliberate, and not have item poses flow right off the page on particularly large items.

• Made the item detail windows in the Inventory have consistent size

• Added more loading indicators

• Made Use Item redirects (i.e. fireworks) feel more deliberate
Old Posted 07-01-2020, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #3  
Looks fantastic. I'll have to play more but my initial feeling is I'm very pleased with how clean everything is.
Old Posted 07-01-2020, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Everything looks so amazing!! And now we can finally search for items!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work, it is much appreciated!! ^^

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 07-01-2020, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #5  
Uh, if I am working on an avatar and am not ready to save it but want to come back to it later...is the only option to save it to the closet? I didn't realize I would lose my progress.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 01:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
WOW, very fancy!
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #7  
OMG I love it! I'm especially digging the search feature :D

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 07-02-2020, 06:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
Uh, if I am working on an avatar and am not ready to save it but want to come back to it later...is the only option to save it to the closet? I didn't realize I would lose my progress.
No, it should save progress. A little "autosaved!" Message pops up at the bottom telling you it's done it. Generally it's 2 seconds after you've made a change.

If it *didn't*, then that's a problem, and I'll need to work with you a bit to reproduce that.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 08:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #9  
I do get the message, but after I've made a change and leave or close the editor it will show my current public outfit when I go back to the editor and not the one I had been working on.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 09:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Hmm. Strange. Okay, can you do me a favor and go back to the editor, push Ctrl+Shift+K (in Firefox) or Ctrl+Shift+J (in Chrome). Then change something, and tell me if any big red ERROR things come up.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 09:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #11  
I'm on my phone at the moment, although it did also happen on my notebook with Firefox.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 09:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
But I get no error after clearing my cache.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #13  
My phone kind lags a bit in it (like when I'm trying to scroll through the items) and some of the item categories are gonna take some getting used to, but it looks good so far.

(Ngl, I hate change so in the back of my head, I keep saying I hate it, but it's not that bad really.)
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 10:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
(For those who hate change, I'm not deleting the old editor...but I won't be ever adding anything to it. That said, I do hope you do stick with the new one, and that the choices made on it are good)

So it lags on large item lists, Kaderin? Event tab, for instance? I can look into adjusting how it manages those pages. Is the lag only when switching, or while looking through it as well?

Biomecha...I'm sorry, but I don't really know what's going on there. Saving and saving to closet both work for you, correct? I'll look into some possibilities. The working avatar not saving is 100% not okay, so I won't leave you hanging on that.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 12:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #15  
I'm on mobile just for reference.
But it just kind of lags when swiping/scrolling through the items, like it doesn't move or it moves kind of jerky when I try to swipe sideways or up and down on my phone to browse the items. And it doesn't let me swipe in any direction on/across the items, so if I get into the middle of my items and am zoomed in to see them better, I basically just get stuck and can't get out of that section of items.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 12:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Oh! Yes, that's a bug. Let me see if I can fix that. You should definitely be able to scroll by touching items.
Old Posted 07-02-2020, 12:28 PM Reply With Quote