Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
That's not odd, that's the entire spirit of Smash. After all, everyone's playing as toys brought to life for the entertainment of some unseen child.
(I am exactly the kind of unseen child that would make a Tommy Wiseau lookin' Mii fighter, make him a brawler and name him "Oh Hi Mark". x'D)

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-21-2019, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwiggins View Post
Like I said, I just didn't know the acronym...

I make mii fighters of my family and then when I play alone, I use them and make weird backstories on wjy we're brawling. Is that odd...?
-thumbs up-

Man, my mom got a Wii and then we never ended up using it much.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-21-2019, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #19  
I only really use our Wii for one game sometimes..>u>;
it's Wii Resort..
I should really play our other games for it..

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-21-2019, 09:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
say smash is a party game in a professional esports forum and watch the chaos fly.
Old Posted 02-24-2019, 01:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
Say Smash is a competitive game in a professional esports forum and the chaos still flies.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-24-2019, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Smash...is a game. <xD Am I safe if I say that?

Old Posted 02-25-2019, 03:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #23  
I really want to play Sonic Riders again. If I can get an emulator set up, i'd be golden.

IDK if dad lost the PS2 or something, but there's the issue of cables and such.
Old Posted 02-28-2019, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I haven't touched a Smash game in idk how long. ouo

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-02-2019, 04:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #25  
o-o I'm not that great at Smash, but I enjoy being an equal match with someone...I can hold my own against only one of my brother's friends, and they all kind of joke around that he's the worst player out of them all, <u<; I feel bad, but at least he tries. Like I do. <x}
Anybody on here have a switch and Smash Ultimate? :/

Old Posted 03-20-2019, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
My wife and I picked up Astroneer on Monday and basically haven't stopped playing. It's surprisingly addictive. Describing it as "Minecraft in space" really doesn't do it justice.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-20-2019, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #27  
o-o Minecraft in space sounds kinda cool all on it's own, but that game sounds more awesome since it's not exactly that!

:D I finally finished the elite four and champion of Sinnoh in Pokémon Platinum! Yes! Now I can move on to my town in Animal Crossing. o-o;...which needs a whole lot of work still..

Old Posted 03-20-2019, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Been playing Tyranny. Started it twice before, but I game hop a lot and never got too far into it. Damn good game.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-22-2019, 01:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #29  
U-undertale. > > Again.

Old Posted 03-22-2019, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
BLARGH. >_<

Astroneer is fun. It's addicting. It's really well designed. I love it.

AND IT'S A BUGGY MESS AND I HATE IT.

First there's the quicksand bug. The game doesn't actually have quicksand, but if you dig near a rover, there's a chance that the wheels will vibrate into the ground and get stuck. How do you get the rover out? You have to dig it out. Oh wait a minute...

Oh yeah, and what's the best way to make a tunnel? Put a giant drill on the front of a rover. Oh wait a minute...

The multiplayer isn't stable. It works pretty well... usually... but then it'll randomly bug out and drop connection, and you have to restart one or both instances of the game to make it able to reconnect. And if you're particularly unlucky, it'll corrupt the guest player's save file. The corruption usually only wipes out part of your inventory, but last night it happened to me while I was on a rocket full of supplies in orbit around a planet... and it was so damaged that the game thought I was a new player and put me on a dropship to the first planet... leaving the ship unmanned in orbit... and the game has no concept of docking maneuvers, so it's now a derelict satellite full of titanium ore.

And then... this isn't a BUG, but it's really hard to find your way back to base if you're on a rover and you get lost. Since planets are round, the beacons that mark the location of your landing pads aren't visible if you're too far away because they get hidden behind the curve of the horizon. This is why I was in orbit -- I was doing reconnaissance from a birds-eye view to try to give my wife directions on where to take the rover.

Old Posted 03-26-2019, 10:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #31  
Never touched a Final Fantasy game. :/ Despite me having been exposed to the Final Fantasy community years ago thanks to my gaming high school friends. <x}
So I think I'll try playing the only one I have here, which is a borrowed disc. :] Final Fantasy X|X-2. -n- I have no idea what I'm in store for, but I hope it's good. :] *innocently starts new game having no idea about anything that will be taking place*

Old Posted 04-30-2019, 05:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I haven't played FFX or FFX-2 but I've heard they're among the better games in the series.

Of the rest of the series, FF6 is a masterpiece, FF4 is very good, and from what I hear (but I haven't played it either) FF15 is the best game in a very long time.

FF3's original incarnation isn't worth playing, but the remake on Nintendo DS is pretty solid. That remake was also rereleased on Steam.

Both FF1 and FF2 are skippable. They were revolutionary for their time but even the remakes can't make them great games by modern standards, merely good ones. FF9 is also skippable; it was a merely average game -- enjoyable enough (I liked it) but you're not missing out on much. FF8 is generally held to be reasonably good but it's also probably skippable.

FF7 is, IMO, overhyped. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but I don't think I'd call it one of the best. It really needs a remake because there's the core of a really good game in there but they were hampered by the technology of the time and the rushed development schedule toward the end.

FF5 is a mixed bag. It's my personal favorite of the series because it's definitely the most fun I've ever had with a Final Fantasy game. It's not too long and not too short. It's probably the most lighthearted of the series. The characters have lots of personality. And I love the music. So why do I say it's a mixed bag? Well, it's showing its age. It's not as polished as later games in the series, and the plot is kinda basic. It's generally a very easy game but there are a few places where the difficulty spikes because of awkward balancing issues, and some places can be tedious.

FF12 got a lot of hype when it came out and by all accounts it's probably a great game, but for some reason it just didn't get much traction in the long term. Don't know why. Haven't played it myself.

FF13 had potential to be interesting, and then Square-Enix overdid it. They built a huge world, set multiple games in it, and then ended up making basically "cutscene, battle, cutscene, battle, cutscene, battle..." while making there be too much material to really consume it all unless you're really dedicated.

FF11 and FF14 are MMORPGs. They don't count. They should have been "Final Fantasy Online" and "Final Fantasy Online II".

Old Posted 04-30-2019, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote