Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #49  
I had a hard day at therapy the other day, digging into some past stuff that surfaced.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 04-11-2018, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I personalllllllyyyyy had to alter my posts because someone doesn't think that I'm having an awful time, of being stressed about things, that may be political but also affect me personally if they happen, and I'm really starting to hate being on this site because I know typing long ass responses to really show and tell everything I'm thinking can be really painful on my hand, and sometimes it's not worth the fight but sometimes it really just is because it really rubs me raw A. LOT. And that last part in itself is a daily awful thought that's been growing and affects me personally. Not sure if I should just give most my items back to mdom or what half the time. Just soo tired of people making me angry because they think that just because that's how things are, that's how things are they shouldn't affect you personally because it affects how many others as well so you aren't alone so shove it in your face hole you dumb pirouetting nightmare broad. It's never going to change. It's wrong, but tough luck.
Find the ones that haven't given up. They are the future.

Life is a very special book. You read it with your heart. The first chapter may be confusing, but it will become clear and interesting when you keep reading.
Life is also a strange road. You have to keep going even though it's bumpy.

Last edited by Pirouetting Nightmare; 04-12-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #51  
I'd ask if you were okay but stupid question.

If somethings are getting to you that badly, then maybe consider putting them in their own thread where you can get out what you would prefer to say, in your own time?

To me, this feels more like a venting space (and I totally see that now), but delving a lot into serious issues might make other people feel awkward about posting, or that their own issues don't measure up or are too petty.
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 01:54 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
idk why i suddenly remembered that deviantart account with knees

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 01:57 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
I'd ask if you were okay but stupid question.

If somethings are getting to you that badly, then maybe consider putting them in their own thread where you can get out what you would prefer to say, in your own time?

To me, this feels more like a venting space (and I totally see that now), but delving a lot into serious issues might make other people feel awkward about posting, or that their own issues don't measure up or are too petty.
I am just venting and don't really want feedback on my stuff and don't want to put them in their own thread because I don't want to talk to people about them usually or add onto them later or delve deeper. That's why I post little blips or giant blips here.

Anyone can post what they want on their own issues after me big or small because any suffering is suffering all the same and all humans do suffer. So~ Idk what to tell ya. Sorry if I make you feel awkward. #New Daily Awful problem.
Find the ones that haven't given up. They are the future.

Life is a very special book. You read it with your heart. The first chapter may be confusing, but it will become clear and interesting when you keep reading.
Life is also a strange road. You have to keep going even though it's bumpy.

Old Posted 04-12-2018, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Oh, I've been around the rungs a few times. I was more concerned because you seemed particularly snippy about things.
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 02:58 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #55  
i thought this thread was supposed to be open to feedback, vs the dirty secrets thread which is not

but tbh

i don't pay attention

Old Posted 04-12-2018, 03:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*offers Pirouetting a hug*
People can suck sometimes. Please don't leave though. How else am I gonna get my political news snippets? Lol. But nah seriously. Don't let the behaviors of the few negatively color us all. I like seeing you around and your avatars are always very cool.

My daily awful: That someone is making Piro feel bad about venting/expressing their daily negatives. And also that my brain and my daily stresses really suck and have been making me come close to old, bad habits.
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 03:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
Default   #57  
My daily awful: I feel like I picked the wrong career path. The further I get along in my graphic design degree, the more I start to realize I'm absolutely talentless and idiotic for thinking I could ever be a designer
I went into this because I didn't think I could make money as an illustrator, which is what I really wanted, but now I can't help but think I should have gone into heating and cooling like my mother tried to force me to

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 02:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Can't do anything right today apparently.
XP
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 02:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #59  
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverAshwood View Post
My daily awful: I feel like I picked the wrong career path. The further I get along in my graphic design degree, the more I start to realize I'm absolutely talentless and idiotic for thinking I could ever be a designer
I went into this because I didn't think I could make money as an illustrator, which is what I really wanted, but now I can't help but think I should have gone into heating and cooling like my mother tried to force me to
If it makes you feel any better, that's how many, many artists feel at some time or another. It's a common personality trait among creative types, not a reality of your skillset. And school is an especially bad place for that feeling, because the entire point of homework is to be judged critically on your skills.

Stick with it! Maybe branch out some -- by all means, if you want to be an illustrator, make sure you keep those skills sharp. Having a graphic design degree as an illustrator tells prospective employers that not only can you make pretty pictures but you have a solid understanding of composition and visual relationships. And consider putting some focus into web design, because that's going to be a position in high demand.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 03:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Sorry, I know how that is as I recently quit my job. Hopefully you can find something good soon, or maybe try applying online and stuff since a lot of people work from home now. I’m not sure how that works, but I know you are capable of doing great things. You are very smart!

I’m currently working 50 hours a week now, and I really like it :) I felt so useless when I wasn’t working for two month, but then I wasn’t trying hard enough to find a job. I got hired before the boss even talked to me, thanks to my friends who already working there.
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #61  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouetting Nightmare View Post
I personalllllllyyyyy had to alter my posts because someone doesn't think that I'm having an awful time, of being stressed about things, that may be political but also affect me personally if they happen[/STRIKE]
Look, I get it. I really do. But there's a really big "if" right there, and the political climate over the last few years has been such that more harm has been done by people freaking out over things that might be than by actual changes to the law.

If something actually HAS affected you personally, and it happens to be political in nature, then that's fine. Feel free to talk about it in this thread!

But my concern about allowing hypothetical future political events in this thread is that they tend to monopolize discussion. People (and I'm not saying you in particular) can get very irrational about political things, and we can't even say for sure that the predictions are going to happen. And worse, for the most part there's really nothing any of us can do about any of it at a personal level.

Politics are divisive. I want this thread to be a place where people can come together and share in each other's burdens, not a place where hot-button issues get people in conflict with each other.

(Also, as was mentioned: If you want to just vent somewhere about an issue that's bothering you and you explicitly don't want anyone responding to it, that's what the Dirty Little Secrets thread is for.)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
If it makes you feel any better, that's how many, many artists feel at some time or another. It's a common personality trait among creative types, not a reality of your skillset. And school is an especially bad place for that feeling, because the entire point of homework is to be judged critically on your skills.

Stick with it! Maybe branch out some -- by all means, if you want to be an illustrator, make sure you keep those skills sharp. Having a graphic design degree as an illustrator tells prospective employers that not only can you make pretty pictures but you have a solid understanding of composition and visual relationships. And consider putting some focus into web design, because that's going to be a position in high demand.
Ashwood and I are in Web Design class right now, which we both feel anxiety over it. I hate it, I absolutely hate it. Why am I going into a career utilizing a skill I absolutely hate? Anxiety yo. All artists are basket-cases #facts

Old Posted 04-12-2018, 03:50 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #63  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Ashwood and I are in Web Design class right now, which we both feel anxiety over it. I hate it, I absolutely hate it. Why am I going into a career utilizing a skill I absolutely hate? Anxiety yo. All artists are basket-cases #facts
tbh tho, me every week when i hit that point making items where i remember that i'm literally the worst and have no idea how i ever even got into this position and why does anyone give me any sort of authority whatsoever

but then i finish and i feel a little better and treat myself to some games and feel a little more better

endless cycle

Old Posted 04-12-2018, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
tbh tho, me every week when i hit that point making items where i remember that i'm literally the worst and have no idea how i ever even got into this position and why does anyone give me any sort of authority whatsoever

but then i finish and i feel a little better and treat myself to some games and feel a little more better

endless cycle
It is. x.x....

"I can't stop eating because I'm unhappy.
And I'm unhappy because I eat.
It's a vicious cycle." - Fat Bastard, Austin Powers

Old Posted 04-12-2018, 04:04 PM Reply With Quote