Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixels
Default   #17  
Ok so. If i make some killer dreadlocks would that be a good start? ouo -- Feel free to post references of any particular hair style you would like too <333

@Illusion: ah see now we're talking, I have been wanting to make flying bird tattoos if we don't have them already that start at the hip and then go up the chest ((I don't know if i ever will but i think about it from time to time xD)) But I love tattoos so that would be a fun project ouo

Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
@Illusion: ah see now we're talking, I have been wanting to make flying bird tattoos if we don't have them already that start at the hip and then go up the chest ((I don't know if i ever will but i think about it from time to time xD)) But I love tattoos so that would be a fun project ouo
The cool part about tattoos is that most of them can easily be moved around to other parts of the body. So the little birds can be moved to the face, forehead, neck, shoulders, arms, legs, hands, ect.

Or would that be overkill? xD

Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #19  
holy crap XD illusion and i agreed on something! everyone cover your asses the apocolypse is neigh!!!

in all seriousness though, i would /love/ to even be able to just make an avatar that bears even the slightest resemblance to myself or my ocs

if it'd get made i could probably do the facial features myself and give them to galla XD they can watch me fuck up the bases trying to make faces
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:34 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
holy crap XD illusion and i agreed on something! everyone cover your asses the apocolypse is neigh!!!

in all seriousness though, i would /love/ to even be able to just make an avatar that bears even the slightest resemblance to myself or my ocs

if it'd get made i could probably do the facial features myself and give them to galla XD they can watch me fuck up the bases trying to make faces
We also don't have a lot of choices in eyebrows as well.

Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #21  

<3 Pretty!
It was really hard to search for a reference without running into pictures of that disgustingly pretty white guy from Glee. His hair is a goddamn travesty.

What kinds of non-white hairstyles are we talking about here? I'm searching for more ethnic hair, but all I'm running into is straight hair in varying styles and colors.
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
I'm gonna make that. One of these days.

Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post

<3 Pretty!
It was really hard to search for a reference without running into pictures of that disgustingly pretty white guy from Glee. His hair is a goddamn travesty.

What kinds of non-white hairstyles are we talking about here? I'm searching for more ethnic hair, but all I'm running into is straight hair in varying styles and colors.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...0edf7d6977.jpg

https://nachalooman.files.wordpress....rizzy-hair.jpg

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/wp...rizzy-hair.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2e59d3759d.jpg

Also a good site in general:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

Old Posted 11-24-2015, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Ah, gotcha! I was just looking through the shops and realized that all of the curly hair looks like the manufactured kind.

We should totally make big Merida hair too!
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
The only kind of hair in the real world that can be called "ethnic" is tight, small curls (though the actual hairdo can be very very short on one extreme to a full afro on the other extreme), because that's created by the oval cross-section of African hair compared to the round cross-section of European and Asian hair. Everything else is the result of technique or product.

That said, cornrows, fine braids, and dreadlocks are often considered "ethnic" due to being convenient if you HAVE said oval cross-section hair. (Cornrows and fine braids because they keep those curls under control, dreadlocks because that kind of hair will assume them without a whole lot of maintenance -- dreadlocks in round cross-section hair are as hard to maintain as any other hairstyle.)

Those small, tight curls also result in hair with small but dramatic waves (which require a heated crimper to accomplish in round cross-section hair) when long and brushed out, and short-to-medium size afros with more well-defined curls instead of the stereotypical combed-out frizzy poof are popular among women.

EDIT: And while I was typing this post, pictures showed up. :P

EDIT 2: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...1c7eb7e4d3.jpg is a more feminine version of the last style Illusion posted, and what I was talking about with "short-to-medium afro with well-defined curls".
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:03 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
Ah, gotcha! I was just looking through the shops and realized that all of the curly hair looks like the manufactured kind.

We should totally make big Merida hair too!
Disney's upcoming movie Moana is a good example for both tattoos, hair, noses, eyebrows, and mouths/cheeks xD

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/201...ana-01-800.jpg

edit: Is a avatar mod for a pot belly possible? Sort of like abs mod?

edit edit: Coda knows a lot about hair xD

Last edited by Illusion; 11-24-2015 at 02:09 AM.
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #27  
Possible but it'd be... rather hard to find clothes for. :P That said, there was a fad for a while that imitated a pregnant belly with clever clothing outlining. Not Buddha-like, though.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
actually there are indo-ethnic hairs too that are kinked or curled and while it is considered 'white' hair irish hair is also ethnic and it comes in both curls and kind(i have some irish in me and am a throwback, i had tight chinked curls that corkscrewed when allowed to dry naturally after a vigorous brushing. ethnic is not black-exclusive. that is a misnomer. ethnic is non-gentrified natural features that have a distinct location/birthright attached such as swedish blonde hair and indian chins

of course contextually i personally using ethnic to mean 'non-anime white person' an omission of tiny noses and obtuse oval eyes and thin lips/ half-mouths
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #29  
Coda knows a lot about a lot of things. XD I am a font of knowledge, gathered from lots of reading and chatting with lots of people.

Most of what I know with regards to ethnic hair derives from a conversation I overheard complaining about a white girl with dreadlocks. If you ask me, there's nothing wrong with that, but there's a vocal population of people who overlook the fact that if you live in America your entire society is imported from other cultures and so say that it's wrong to do things that "belong" to other cultures.

No, I'm not bitter about artificially-segregated social roles at all. Not a bit. Nope.

EDIT: Choco raises a good point, that gene is also present in Irish hair, although I'm not wrong in saying that it's still caused by the same effect and that it originated in Africa. :P My point was going the other direction -- what people call "ethnic" hair has that nature.

Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
if it is a 'fad' it's long-standing. it was big in 2006 when i found out about it and still really popular as of a search 2 hours ago XD
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #31  
No one in any of the threads I frequent still uses it. :P We hang out in different circles.

Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:17 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
ACTUALLY -uses nasal tone- it is a genetic quirk and heralds back(in part) to neanderthals. that hair type is super old and a combination of two distinct species of hominid X'D gaelic genetics were interesting to me since i was a huge fan of ancient greece and everyone knows about the illiad's issues X''D
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote