Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default Valhalla- An Open Fighting RP for the purpose of relieving frusterations   #1  
Newcomers, visit the OCC page first

I Welcome You, Fallen Comrade to Valhalla, the hall of the slain.
Come through our halls and drink with us. There is plenty of mead to be had.

Or perhaps you are more interested in the fight! Here in this hall of slain men, we are restless for combat. So come. DRAW the sword, the shield, and the iron axe. Have at you, for the honor of Odin!

No application required, though made applications can be posted and will be saved.
Last edited by Funkduder; 12-21-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Rules- Not many. Follow the ToS, and other than that, have at it.
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #3  
Reserved for the applications submitted.
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Anyone who shows great valor, honor, or some other virtue of the battle will receive an award, to be named and drawn out at the time. These honors will be placed here, above the list of shame, for those who show dishonor or poor form in things like God-moding or otherwise.
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default What is God-moding   #5  
This threads definition goes as follows:
Controlling anything, including your own characters actions, that can drastically effect the battle in a way that is not realistic.

Wiki answers gives 5 decent examples:
In roleplay, it means trying to exert too much control over the plot and other characters, usually because the player has no concept of in character or out of character and is there to "win" and satisfy their ego rather than be creative and collaborative. Examples:

1) Invincibility
Creating a character so powerful and invulnerable that it cannot take any damage, be incapacitated or hindered, lose a fight, feel pain etc.

2) Dictating other players' responses
Swinging a punch and telling the other player that they are down, that they are unconscious, cut, dead or whatever.

3) Impossibility
Drawing a knife when your hands are tied. Pulling a bow out of your rectum when you're on the ground and hogtied (I wish I were making this up). Drawing a bow out of your rectum at all, come to that. Being held by the hair and with a knife at your throat but whizzing round and slapping your captive and disarming them.

4) Just plain silliness
Taking the plot to asinine turns purely to avoid your character having to suffer a misfortune too weak for your manly fictitious self. Being shot at and deflecting the bullet with a penny on a string so that it flies back up the gun nozzle. Again, I wish I were making this up.

5) Anything that is used to let one character force the plot and does not enable the story to be a properly collaborative effort with plausibility.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_go...#ixzz1gus7kBup
Last edited by Funkduder; 12-18-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Ergo, I send you forward! HAVE AT YOU!!

*Draws sword and goes into combat*
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #7  
-ducks under sword- Jeez, don't try to kill a poor yet-to-apply >.>
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
"HAVE AT YOU, NAMELESS WARRIOR!" he cried as he slammed his hammer down at him.
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 02:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
((Time to make a battle avi? Also, have you heard some of the music by Adrian von Ziegler? Really sets the mood here.))

-ducks to one side- Pfft. Way too slow.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-18-2011, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
"Aha! A quick one, I see," he said as he switched hammer with sword and shield.
"Regardless you will fall!" he cried as he charged with shield in front of him (I'm playing it right now.)
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 03:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #11  
((Which song?))

-backs up against a wall- Hey hey, don't you think it's a bit mean to charge at someone who's unarmed...?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-18-2011, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
He sighed as he tossed the warrior his hammer. "Arm yourself, or run, fallen one. Valhalla is no place for the innocent child."
((Wolves of the Sea before. Now it's Fatal Lullaby))
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 03:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #13  
((Haha, different album. Gleipnir is awesome.))

Sidestepping the hammer, he leapt a good distance up the wall and found a ledge to hold on to.

"Me, use a hammer? Suuuurely you jest." With that, he kicked off and landed behind the warrior, two blades seemingly materializing in his hands. They'd been hidden against the mercenary's back.

((And for reference. http://www.piratemerch.com/images/pi...ord_290_2_.jpg He also holds them icepick-grip.))
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-18-2011, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
"Not only a quick one, but a trickster too!" An indent was left in the floor where the hammer landed. Anger welled up inside him, making his blood boil...but before anything could be made of it, he subsided it. "No. I will face you using my own strength!" He called before throwing his shield, Frisbee-styled, at the warrior. He ran forward, grabbing the hammer and chased the shield to its destination, the double-bladed warrior.
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 03:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
Skoll whipped around, barely blocking the shield with both blades. Cushioning the impact, he drew back, then kicked the shield as hard as he could. I obviously don't have the advantage, he mused as he scanned his surroundings. The gray walls seems insurmountable ten feet up.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-18-2011, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Person, what Person?
(Can anyone join in or is it just a 1x1 'till someone dies and then is replaced?
What I'm asking is can I join in now, or do I have to wait for a victor of this match?)
Puppy to Asami
Gallagher is Nursy~
Broken Muse is my girlfriend
And Ducky is awesome!

Quote:
That is the general nature of things! An equality, a mutal need!

What? To kill and be killed? To love and to feed? That is what you support! There is no equality between the pet and the master.
-Elizabeth & Jason (From The Thirteenth Season)
Old Posted 12-18-2011, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote