Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default Tauge   #33  
If I hadn't heard a more ridiculous story, I ought to-
Tauge cut off his thoughts there as the traveler continued. It would seem less suspicious if he made up a story, but for that reason, Tuage couldn't suspect him of lying.
There's something missing though. I still can't get myself to trust this guy. What's he hiding?
In any case, Tauge knew that his story doesn't help him treat the half-dragon in any way, shape, or form. He wasn't being sarcastic; Tauge at least knew that, but how in the world a purple ray would cause that sort of damage was unknown.
I'll just treat the half-dragon as best as I can, and ask him what happened, since this traveler wouldn't be of much use now.
"I wouldn't know of a nearest town because I'm only traveling... like you, I suppose," Tauge said, gesturing towards his 'camp'. In truth, it was really only his pack, and the Dragon-man on his back.
"There's a couple of Aloe plants a quarter-mile down stream. They're good for healing burns and the such, but other than that, there's not much else."
I would've offered the Kings-foil if not for his secrecy. Besides, I still need it for the half-dragon.
"Good luck on your travels," Tauge concluded, as he moved back towards the Nameless half-dragon. Checking his temperature, it seemed to have normalized to a fair amount. The poultice was still inside his black lab-coat that he placed over his patient. The Heridon checked the man's eyes, as a check up for comatose, and found something extremely interesting to him: The half-dragon had no pupils. His eyes were completely black.
Old Posted 03-18-2011, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Tarrek
"Secrecy is usually a part of the bigger jobs."
That's why most people who jumped into the mercenary business didn't last long. Of course Tarrek wasn't just another guy. It took some cleverness to stay alive. You had to know instinctively just how much to trust someone. Even then, it could lead you into trouble.
"Lets just say the money was enough." He said.
They had been walking for most of the day, and finally the sun started to drop. About a mile ahead, the peaks of buildings began to appear.
"There is the next town." Tarrek said as he moved off the road and began walking to a nearby wood.
"We need to stop for the night. I have a feeling we are going to want the sun on us when we walk in."
Old Posted 03-27-2011, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
I killed the muffin man. OMNOMNOM
Default   #35  
Sylvia
Hearing the rustle of leaves and the crunch of twigs under some kind animal's feet, Sylvia bolted upright. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness she saw a startled rabbit scuttling off into the distance. She breathed a sigh of relief, it could have been something a lot more dangerous.
With that worry past her, Slylvia took some time to glance around.
Where am I? What happened?
She didn't know what it was but her head was groggy and she knew that it was a dangerous state to be in. As she swigged some water from her flask, the memories came flooding back to her.
Two men in black, both strong. She had no idea who they were or what they wanted, they just attacked her without warning and she had barely enough strength to put up a fight.
The fight had been in Amalaorandan, though...where was she?
Looking around she saw that she was deep in a forest, but it certainly was not the forest near Amalaorandan, it was way too dark for that.
She must be near Halfrand.
Terror gripped her, as she knew she had many enemies near the area. She had to get out of there fast and with her horse missing, she had to run on foot.
After picking up her satchel, she booked it out of there, not even noticing the strange violet light off in the distance.

Dem is Lucid's Waffle. <3
Old Posted 04-04-2011, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Tuage Heridon/Emanon Nameless

Light hit the black pupils of the creature disguised as Rhys, hurting him, but causing Tuage to look into the eyes of fear, entering a dark trance: an entrance into the void of what is not known to Tuage Heridon.

"Where am I?"
Screams entered into the background from every direction. Everywhere he looked, Tuage saw the same scenes over and over again: a burning house belonging to his name, a burning family belonging to his heart, and a burning scar belong to his skin. Judgment came and took him away as the gavel finally was slammed unto the its base. Taken in chains Tauge was burned. He felt the pain on his skin and his soul and his heart as the prosecutors pressed the metal unto his skin again and again.
Prosecuted for a crime he had not committed, Tuage was left for dead. To anyone who had seen him in the cave of the banned, he was meat for the worms.
But Tuage escaped, traversing a lonely life as village after village rejected him and ostracized him for his very existence. It was a icy feeling...that burned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, the boggart could take no more. Shaking before Tuage in his unconscious dream, the shapeless being yielded before the elf.
"Who are you?" said the thing, its voice arriving like an endless echo.
"I am Tuage, banished elf of Nath' Karond Harath." the Heridon emmited an aura that the boggart had never experienced before. It was cold, colder than he had ever been herself. Despite the emotions gained from Lady Arianna de Le Fey, a primal yearning came upon the Boggart Anomaly.
"I want to be him. I must!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Snapping out of the trance, Tuage looked at the sun, which had moved a hand's width from where it was before, but the being before him was no longer scaly, nor familiar in any way with the halfling that was his patient. It was him.
Old Posted 04-04-2011, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #37  
Sylvia
Sylvia didn't know how long she had been running, but she knew that she must be far away from the threat of her enemies that were situated in and around Halfrand.
She ran until her chest and sides ached and her legs felt like they could no longer take another step. She collapsed to the soft dirt of a forest that was unknown to her. She coughed and crimson splattered the ground around her.
I need a doctor. No... that's too dangerous, who knows where my enemies could be. Sylvia thought. I was too weak then, I should have been more careful. I still need to be careful now... even away from Halfran there are people who know of me and who would kill to get the reward that goes along with my capture.
Sylvia took her shaking hands and felt along the lining of her satchel to where a vial was stitched up and hidden away. With trembling fingers she tore at the seams at pulled out the vial. As she downed the contents, hoping that it would heal her, she looked up at the sky.
That's strange... she thought. That light certainly wasn't there before.
Off in the distance, low in the sky was a pulsing orb of violet light. It scared and excited Sylvia as she had never seen anything like it before.
Feeling her strength flooding back to her as the potion from her vial took effect, Sylvia stood up and wandered off in search of a familiar face and along with that, she hoped, some answers to the many questions that were now floating in her head.

Old Posted 04-04-2011, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
((Any plans on continuing this at all?))

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Default   #39  
((I had to take a bit of a break from the computer))
Rhys
Rhys stopped at the wall that surrounded the town. All around the city it was peaceful without a single sign of movement to or from. He could hear the sounds of orders being shouted in a gutteral language he didn't understand, but obviously the voice wasn't from a normal citizen of the plane. The sounds of marching also beat against the walls.
Guess I should take some caution in looking around. He thought to himself.
He took a step back and began waving his hands around himself. Voilet energy began misting from his outstretched hands. He stopped with a start.
Odd. An invisibility spell shouldn't have a colored aura to it. Maybe it's my proximity to whatever is putting off the light inside the city.
He began casting the spell again ignoring the violet light as it settled over his body. Slowely he began to dissapear from vision until he was gone entirly.
At least the spell still works.
Rhys than made his way to the front gate into the city.
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote