Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Supernatural Abnormality
Default Roleplay?   #1  
I've heard of this but never thought to try it. Its just story telling continued on and on as first person with more then one person involved, right? I think I may try this. Who's up for a little adventure fantasy role play? Let me now. Then I'll figure out how I want to start this...
Old Posted 06-04-2013, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
-flops in-

I would definitely be up for one, and I think Natsu would be as well. Problem is, I don't do 1x1 RPs. Group RPs are nice, though.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Default   #3  
Yeah group is better I think. We get more interested people and I'll get this ball rolling.
Old Posted 06-04-2013, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Do you have a plot or something? Also, it'd be a semi-lit RP, right? (Meaning, at least four-ish sentences per person, no leet speak.)

Hm...I just noticed you said "first person". I'm used to third person with developed characters and all, but if you're not comfortable with that, being new to RP, I could...work with that.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-04-2013, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Default   #5  
Third person is fine and short sentences are cool. I'll think about the plot and get back to you.
Old Posted 06-04-2013, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Coolsauce. I'll poke Nats and tell him that this is a thing.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-04-2013, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #7  
*peeks head in* OOOHH does this mean a possible Cu and Lance reunion? ouo
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 06-04-2013, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Haaaahahaha, maybe. Except in a different setting.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-04-2013, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #9  
Well, Obviously, Espy knows me too well to know that I would be up to a RP.. Haha..

I could always throw together a story, I just need a base and an idea.. hmm..
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 06-04-2013, 11:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
I've had this idea for a while but not sure how to go about it. Its actually driving me batty. An adventure fantasy about young adults who discover they were born from elements...like the Lord of Fire, the Lady of Air, Lady of Earthy, Lord of Water. Maybe the element of Lightning but I don't know. It can take place in our modern world or past. Maybe in another universe on a similar like planet? These teens didn't know that they were from such Beings and so the adventure starts as they set out t find each other discover their powers and who they are. I might me over thinking this. I've never done this before. Give me some pointers.Please.
Last edited by Eboneye; 06-05-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old Posted 06-05-2013, 08:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #11  
-raises hand-
So I would like to join in. It sounds like a cool plot but do you mind if I ask you a question?

What is the reason for them to be lord of the elements? I feel like in most stories there is a catalyst that starts the heroes journey as well as conflict.

Is this story suppose to be a slice of life where teenagers discover they are basically superman? If its an adventure story where does the story take them and why?
Last edited by Poggio; 06-05-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old Posted 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Well, my idea was to bring a sort of magic into it but I didn't want a wizard like magic but a more natural power. Elemental abilities seemed to be more of what I wanted....sort of like mother nature got blown to pieces and bit of her became the elements. ....Oh wait! MAYBE these kids should be the children of Mother Nature....Hmmmmmm.
Old Posted 06-05-2013, 10:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #13  
xD how they got their powers is only half of it, what do you intend for them to do with them? I mean why the adventure.
Old Posted 06-05-2013, 10:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Hmmmmm. lets see. There obviously need to me a antagonist. Something that causes problems for them....something that awakens their abilities and something that drives then to seek out...well, whatever it is. Maybe the heart of something. Something that only they together can find. Any ideas?
Old Posted 06-05-2013, 10:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
The forces of nature becoming corrupt, and usual cyclic patterns going awry? Or POLLUUUUUTIONNNNN because that's a major problem.

...I claim Earth if this is a thing. I'd usually claim fire, but I've realized Earth is a nice element as well <.<;; I'll lave water to Pogs and Fire or Lightning to Natsu probably XD

Also, I had a plot similar to this maybe a decade ago, when I really, REALLY was obsessed with this stuff, and had the idea for "secondary" elements, because to be honest, air itself won't do too much.

So what if, say, Fire was a primary element, and Lightning was its secondary? (They're both plasmas, by the way.) Would be a pretty deadly combo, but the fire and lightning would have to actually /exist/ before the person could control it. Conservation of matter/energy. And the rest would be Water/Ice (mainly liquid, or something else, since Ice is just frozen water), Earth(wood, grass, anything to do with plants)/Stone (solids), and Air/Ghost (or poison, and they're all gases).
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-05-2013, 01:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
I like it. the antagonist can be pollution...the evils behind it. But I don;t want it to become a fruity knock off a cartoon from the 80s/90's....not that Captain Planet wasn't goofy, because it was. I didn't like that show. I like what it represented...just not the show itself. Please lets not to close to the cartoon.
I had thought about secondary elements too but I couldn't figure out what would be considered secondary elements. I understand the fire and lightning thing but wouldn't fire and air combo be more spectacular...only because air fuels fire.
Old Posted 06-05-2013, 02:25 PM Reply With Quote