Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default Best Anime this Season your not watching: Carole & Tuesday   #1  

Carole & Tuesday by studio Bones created by Watanabe, director, and creator of GOAT animes such as Michiko to Hatchkin, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Space Dandy

Carole & Tuesday are two women - both with a dream of making music - that have a chance meeting one day. The show sees them chase their dream. What sets the show apart visually is perhaps its setting, it taking place on a colony on Mars. Has more of a United States/Western city setting, the music is in English and sounds like a top 10 hit song on the US Radio stations.

Some cool things about the show:
  • We have a black main character
  • Representation is off the charts with white, black, asian, arab, hetero, gay, bisexual, transgender, everything.
  • All the characters are multidimensional.

This is just a good show period. The show will consist of 24 episodes, 5 of which have been aired as of today. Netflix owns the rights to distribute the anime, however, for us in the West we have to wait until it's finished its syndication in Japan until the show will be on Netflix. So for now, the only means to watch it is outside sites hosting the episodes (do it you cowards, then watch the inevitable superior English Dub when it comes to the west).

I can't stress how great this show is and I highly recommend everyone giving it a try. If your still on the fence I highly recommend watching the opening to the show to get a feel of the amazing animation and music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8do3J5PDOs

Last edited by Illusion; 06-10-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old Posted 05-09-2019, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I saw BONES, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, and Music, and Mars and I'm instantly interested. x'D I'm definitely checking it out in the near future now. Holy hell! That opening gives me such VOEZ vibes but better! :D

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-09-2019, 01:44 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
I saw BONES, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, and Music, and Mars and I'm instantly interested. x'D I'm definitely checking it out in the near future now. Holy hell! That opening gives me such VOEZ vibes but better! :D
Most people see Bones and become interested, everything after the fact is a cherry on top.

So far there are only 4 songs in the show including the opening and ending. But each one has been absolutely amazing and as I said are songs that could be a top 10 hit.

Old Posted 05-09-2019, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Oohh yehh def checking that out. ^-^

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-09-2019, 02:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5  
Ahhh...unfortunately, I can only really watch videos on Netflix (and only stuff I can set to download while at work), but I'll for sure check it out whenever it finally is available there!
Old Posted 05-09-2019, 03:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Well, it certainly sounds like something worth checking out. Not so much interested in the plot myself, but I've always been a fan of multidimensional characters. Let's hope it also comes to outside US Netflix eventually.
Old Posted 05-09-2019, 03:47 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
I just want everyone to know, the show has finished it's first "season" if you can call it that with the latest episode. If there is a time to start watching, now is a good time.

Old Posted 07-01-2019, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Can't afford Netflix
So I'll have to wait until they decide to yeet it elsewhere and maybe watch it on a different site
It is on my to watch list tho

quest

Quote:
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 07-10-2019, 05:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #9  
I saw a clip of it on YouTube with a group called the Mermaid Sisters. x'D I-I can't say much else other than it was hilarious! Definitely watching it when I can now.

Old Posted 07-10-2019, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
I saw a clip of it on YouTube with a group called the Mermaid Sisters. x'D I-I can't say much else other than it was hilarious! Definitely watching it when I can now.
Oh f--k yeah!

Old Posted 07-14-2019, 04:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
I just want everyone to know, the show has finished it's first "season" if you can call it that with the latest episode. If there is a time to start watching, now is a good time.
Cour. :p

Carol & Tuesday is a Two Cour season, meaning its a 24 episode season that spans 2 elemental seasons.

Most anime lately only span 1 cour, so people are so use to a 'season' being 12-14 episodes and will split an anime that is 2 cours long (2 elemental seasons) into two separate seasons when its really just one season. Kind of like how Funimation has been splitting their 2 cour anime into Season 1 Part 1/Season 1 Part 2 when they release the dvd/blurays, except people will just list it as season 1 and season 2 instead.

-cough- sorry.. o3o

This anime has been on my to watch list since I heard about it, but I've been too sick and busy to watch anime lately =A= I actually just now managed to finish 2 shows I started over the summer... I hope to eventually get to Carol & Tuesday now that it's fully finished airing and is all up on netflix. (that and Given >w<)

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-25-2019, 08:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
I managed to get Netflix subcribes so fisrt is Witcher. Any recommend nice Anime season?
Old Posted 12-25-2019, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
Cour. :p

Carol & Tuesday is a Two Cour season, meaning its a 24 episode season that spans 2 elemental seasons.

Most anime lately only span 1 cour, so people are so use to a 'season' being 12-14 episodes and will split an anime that is 2 cours long (2 elemental seasons) into two separate seasons when its really just one season. Kind of like how Funimation has been splitting their 2 cour anime into Season 1 Part 1/Season 1 Part 2 when they release the dvd/blurays, except people will just list it as season 1 and season 2 instead.

-cough- sorry.. o3o

This anime has been on my to watch list since I heard about it, but I've been too sick and busy to watch anime lately =A= I actually just now managed to finish 2 shows I started over the summer... I hope to eventually get to Carol & Tuesday now that it's fully finished airing and is all up on netflix. (that and Given >w<)
(Given is so good oml ;u; I need the movie now aaaaaahh)

I have been meaning to watch Carol and Tuesday for a while but have been lazy with watching current anime. D: I'll get around to it eventually!

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-26-2019, 08:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Just started watching it today while mom was at the drs. >w< (yay netflix dl for offline viewing)

Someone should tell netflix they spelled Woolong wrong x'D And I know it's Woolong, its symbol is 'W' and it's often in Shinichirou Watanabe's works (Bebop, Dandy, C&T)

edit:

QAQ Just finished it. Beautiful final episode. Loved it >A<

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 01-10-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old Posted 01-10-2020, 11:46 AM Reply With Quote