Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default Silly Habits   #1  
So what are some silly little harmless habits you have that you catch yourself doing on occasion? Like I have been using this color on avatar sites that use bbcode for so long I actually catch myself typing [color=darkorchid on places that it doesn't belong... like my charting at work. >.< I also have a habit of when I get a treat from the vending machine I always put an extra quarter in before I leave, just so the next person to come get something gets a nice little surprise of a discount.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
you're all going to hate me for this. . .

when i'm at a store, if i decide i don't want something. . . i put it where it doesn't belong ToT i can't help myself.

Old Posted 11-30-2017, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3  
I can't say anything, I will occasionally deliberately put it in a place just to see if it is still there next time I come back to the store. There was once a pair of heaphones on a shelf in hardware at our walmart for over a week.

I used to love putting up the carts of misplaced items and returns when I worked retail. Got me off register and I would mentally shop for myself or gifts haha

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-30-2017, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
As someone who's job it used to be to pick up all that misplaced crud, I am of two minds on the topic. One the one side, if it's busy and I'm running aisles, seeing that stuff is like "aaaaaarg!" and I try to keep mental tally of where stuff is if I can't fit it all into my arms. Other days it's like "cool! casual work!" and I can browse the stuff while I'm searching for out of place things.

Now I just hang onto things and ditch them at the till.

On the retail train, when I'm shopping by myself I still start to chat with the merchandise, or argue with it if I'm not finding what I want, or shuffle through dance steps, etc. It's sort of like the sillies I get when I'm focused on my homework.

And sound effects. I make sound effects.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5  
Thanks to way too many years of retail, I often will straighten items on the shelves or in the checkout lanes while I wait or look for stuff. Just kind of subconsciously it's so ingrained in me that I can't help it.

I can't honestly think of much that I really do. I'm pretty self-conscious, so I'm pretty self-aware of pretty much everything I do because I don't want people to think I'm weird.

Oh! I do actually randomly whistle tunes at my one job because we don't have any kind of radio like most retail stores do. Sometimes Christmas songs, sometimes showtunes, just anything that pops into my head...
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
And sound effects. I make sound effects.
you can say that again

Old Posted 11-30-2017, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #7  
I try to put stuff back where I got it if I change my mind about getting it. *shrug* Just makes sense to me.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I can understand arguing with merchandise in the store, haha. I talk with my crafting supplies while I'm working on them, so I'm just as weird.

My husband makes bird noises randomly...

Old Posted 11-30-2017, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
i keep typing [ spoiler] instead of [ spoil], and i get confused using [ s] and [ strike].
tfw you go on too many avi sites

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I got really irritated when[s] didn't work. Took me a moment to realize I could do strike haha

Old Posted 11-30-2017, 10:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #11  
There was one time I had a MLP blanket that I wanted but ended up changing my mind on getting it, but I didn't want to put it anywhere in plain sight because if it was found and put back it'd get sold. I put it in a random aisle behind some big boxes on a shelf. Two weeks later I go back to the same store, and the blanket was still there XD. I bought it then.

I also do that "putting something somewhere else if I don't wanna buy it" thing too. I try to keep frozen stuff back in a freezer. Same with fridge stuff. But if there's something non perishable I don't want, I just stick it wherever.

And for my other weird habit *thinks* Aside from biting my nails that I used to do...I guess it'd have to be something I don't realize I do. I can't think of anything else at the moment.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
This is more of an anxiety/autism thing, but when I'm upset/having a bad reaction to something stressful, it helps if I can mess with a little hot wheels car. the texture is soothing.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 02:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Thanks to way too many years of retail, I often will straighten items on the shelves or in the checkout lanes while I wait or look for stuff. Just kind of subconsciously it's so ingrained in me that I can't help it.
Eh, I do that too, but that's because I organized and shelved books at the local library for years.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-01-2017, 03:03 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
This is less a harmless thing, but when I get bored and don't have something to entertain myself/keep my fingers busy I will tear up pieces of paper or repeatedly take ink pens apart and put them back together. Also sometimes if I am around something that is painted and has a little chip missing out of it I will sit there and flake the paint off with my fingernail.

Old Posted 12-01-2017, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #15  
Ok I think I got one. I usually go around barefoot all year round. If I get bored I find myself messing with my toenails to try and shave them down (if they're long)
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Like, barefoot outside? Inside? Both?
Because I almost never wear socks or shoes unless I have to go outside. In my hometown, I would also go barefoot outside. But where I live now, the sidewalks and streets are pretty gross and I'm too worried about getting sick or stepping un something gross.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote