Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixels
Default   #17  
ok i'm really excited to see!

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 02:27 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Pictures are on my husband's desktop so it will be a little bit until he can get a chance to send them to me. I'll post them up as soon as I can though
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #19  
I am ever so glad to hear of your lovely welcome, and that you are enjoying it here already! I too look forward to seeing these pretty beads! Your avatar is also giving me and my son the giggles. He just keeps yelling "PUPPY HOT DOOOOOG!| Haha!
WE ARE THE WEIRDOS MISTER!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 07:34 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Lemme remind my hubby to send over those images. I'll have him send some of the other stuff I've made too.

I'm so glad your son is enjoying it! haha every time I see it I giggle too, so he's not alone.

I just realized how new you are to the site too! Seems like people settle in here pretty quickly. I'm excited because I convinced my sister to check the site out.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 07:40 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #21  
it's usually pretty immediately obvious who intends to stay based on how rad their avis made from gifted items turn out

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Of course the ONLY image I can find of my beads is the ugliest ones I have made lol.

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatra View Post
Thank you so much for the tree thing and the coins!!! (I've already forgotten what the currency here is called...)

What isn't my hobby? I am part of a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) and we do historical reenactment of pre-1700s eras and my husband and I also work a couple renaissance faires throughout the year. We do chainmaille jewelry to sell, but I also spin yarn, tablet weave, embroider, occasionally make lampwork beads even though I'm crap at it, woodburn and make period appropriate food. We have a ton of fun with it, and it usually keeps me really busy in the warmer months of the year, but there aren't a lot of events that we can go to in the winter time.

Other than that I try to do some writing every once in a while. I was participating in NaNo this year but my laptop hard drive corrupted so I lost everything I had done. I was so irritated with it that I quit entirely. I keep telling myself that is a crap excuse and to get back to work but I'm stuck on my husband's laptop and its keyboard has a lot of issues that make it hard to type.

Okay, wow... long post. Sorry.
Ohhh I wanna compare notes! My friend does historical reenactments, and I love hearing about people doing the costuming!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Oh uh sure, ask me anything. I don't do too much elaborate costuming because I don't have a sewing machine and we don't play higher than peasant/occasionally lower class merchant class, but I have friends that play nobles and royals.

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #25  
Welcome, Mekatra <3
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Is your troupe as stickler about making stuff by hand as the one in NC is? Cause OMG they are strict even if it is an under layer they want it hand sewn. We are making Stays and it is so hard to make the lines straight and tight because it is all hand sewn.
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 09:45 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #27  
Oh man, no not at all. We have a "10 foot" rule which means if you look passingly authentic from ten feet away that is acceptable. We strive to be as authentic as we possibly can, but we do several faires that are different time periods so expecting everyone to have five or six sets of garb that are all hand made would be... well no one would be able to do anything. I have a goal to have all our stuff spun, woven and hand sewed by me, but that's going to take a long time since I am really bad at spinning flax.

But yeah, jeeze, that sounds WAY rougher than my group. Then again, I don't actually get paid to do it so...

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Mannn you seem so crafty and creative! I'm jealous! Also welcome and hope you like trisphee!!!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #29  
Don't be jealous. You too could be crafty, all you have to do is completely sacrifice your social life and concentrate only on making things. Also any time you think you want to buy something, you are wrong. You have to research how to make it yourself.

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
*Makes an appearance* Cus I can!

Hello Hot Dog Pupper! Tiva I really like your avatar. I like unicorn type things ._.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 05:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #31  
We don't either but they are just so strict that it dives me nuts I could do so much more with out the restrictions.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Tiva, is this a renaissance faire group, reenactment group from a specific period or an organization like the SCA?

Old Posted 11-14-2017, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote