Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #6449  
The kind of thing they used to see in the seventies after consuming substances identified only with letters?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-17-2023, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Uh....probably not that eccentric...
Old Posted 01-17-2023, 07:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #6451  
Can you imagine knitting, crocheting, or anything similar on acid or shrooms?
Old Posted 01-18-2023, 12:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ah...I'm gonna go with no. Lol
xD

Update on the shawl: I messed up at some point and had to undo it. Will eventually start over, but I'll try to finish some stuffed animals first. And maybe get more squares for my temperature blanket done.
Old Posted 01-18-2023, 01:47 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6453  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalhanahue View Post
Can you imagine knitting, crocheting, or anything similar on acid or shrooms?
I've done it under the influence of a migraine, and that was horrible enough! LOL
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-18-2023, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Ughh I sympathize and don't know how you managed that at all. I'm not quite to the point of what be considered chronic but I have on average 7-10 migraine days a month. Prescription meds help but even still I don't think I could do something that you have to focus that much for on those days even after the meds have kicked in.
Old Posted 01-18-2023, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6455  
That many days per month? Definitely chronic.
I'm grateful that I only get around 5-8 per year.
Migraines are awful and when I do get them, it's rare for me to do anything more than take some painkillers and try to sleep it away.
Old Posted 01-18-2023, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
One would think but I believe it's like 15 days or more is considered chronic. Mine I believe have to do with my woman cycle. I tend to get them for a few days in the middle of my cycle and then right before and starting my period.

Luckily if I catch it soon enough the meds work pretty well, usually, and I can function but still, waking up and going to bed with a migraine for those many days in a row gets old really quick. Sleep is friend.
Old Posted 01-19-2023, 10:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6457  
I had to look it up because that sounded excessive. It was a bit confusing, but I've cracked the code.

Chronic migraines = 15 or more headaches (just basic headaches, not even migraines) per month + 8 of the headaches having "migraine features".

So if you're having up to 10 actual migraines a month, it would definitely fall under chronic migraine levels of migraines.

It's good that you have medicine that helps, but sucks that it happens so often.
Old Posted 01-19-2023, 11:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Yeah when I had looked it up in the past it did seem very confusing. Thanks for figuring that out lol I just assumed they meant 15 days of actual migraines which yeah does seem a bit excessive. If I had migraines anymore than I do I'd lose my shit honestly lol. I'm already to the point of planning to ask the doctor if there's a more proactive approach we could take with any types of preventative treatments.

Yeah and the meds, I really hate to take them if I don't have to because they make me feel kind of out of it, my hands tingly, and I'm really tender/sensitive all over for the rest of the day. BUT I'll take that over the migraine. Not to mention they are not cheap. Before I had insurance I had to use everything I could to afford them like a RX discount saving thing through the pharmacy coupled with GoodRX coupons. Which brought it down from $250 to $75 for nine friggin pills. I think it's around like $45 or $50 now what I pay which is way more manageable for how often I take them.

Also, random but I really like your kitty pants on your avy!
Old Posted 01-19-2023, 12:54 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6459  
Well, see, the thing with the migraines that I get is that they're not actually as painful as many, many of them are even what they call ... er, I can't remember the term. But it's light flashes that I can't see past very well. The ones that do hurt tend to be milder than what other people tell me about, but they last for a WEEK.

I'm also known for a crazy pain tolerance, and I grew up in an environment where just resting and being sick wasn't an option.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-19-2023, 12:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Bodies are so weird lol.

Are you thinking of cluster or maybe ice pick headaches? (there's a fancier name for that last one)

Kind of like auras or halos some people talk about w/ migraines with the flashes of lights?

Either way I sympathize greatly with anyone who endures headaches or migraines. They just suck and if you get them for long periods of time it's just awful.

Odd thing for me is I really don't get auras too often and when I do, I actually don't get any migraine or headache or it's very mild when I've had the aura first. The aura itself is really annoying but, better than the pain. For me I get this trippy/fuzzy/moving cresent shape in vision that'll actually kind of travel across my line of sight from one eye to seeing with both and then just the other.

I can understand that, my parents were definitely the 'walk it off' type lol I like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance myself as well which sometimes when I've had my worst migraines makes it kind of scary. Then again sometime I wonder maybe I don't have as high of a tolerance or just feel like I should be able to push through the pain and not be such a chump about them. Even though logically I know that they can be and are debilitating to a lot of people.
Old Posted 01-19-2023, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6461  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
Well, see, the thing with the migraines that I get is that they're not actually as painful as many, many of them are even what they call ... er, I can't remember the term. But it's light flashes that I can't see past very well. The ones that do hurt tend to be milder than what other people tell me about, but they last for a WEEK.
that def sounds like aura migraines to me. I don't get those, but when I get migraines (usually with weather system changes and barometric pressure swings) they're painful and I'm very sensitive to sound and light.

As for crafting while under the influence... I've done drunk knitting. thankfully was a simple pattern repeat, so it didn't get messed up.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 01-19-2023, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Den, nice! I don't know if I'd really be inclined to do much crafting while drunk. I could see maybe if I had one drink I was sipping on, just enough to get relaxed but after reaching the point of getting tipsy I think I'd wrap it up and call it a day on the crafting. I don't know though. Now I kind of feel it might be fun just to see if I could complete a craft task hammered and then see what it looks like the next day lol.

There were a few times when I smoked weed I would draw or paint but that was only with certain strains I think. Otherwise I'd just get too tired or keep forgetting what I was doing.
Old Posted 01-20-2023, 11:35 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6463  
Optical migraines. Which, of course, along with the auras and the seeing stars for no good reason, means the doctors couldn't use The Pill to control out of control periods or fibroids.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-20-2023, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ah, I took a project (a partially done blanket square) with me to dog-sit my coworker's chihuahua last night....and got literally nothing done on it because his pupper has really bad separation anxiety and spent like 70% of the time whining, barking, jumping at, and pulling at the weather strip on the bottom of the door. 10% of the time was spent making laps around their house to look for his "parents", and the other 20% was either sitting with/near me or being rocked like a baby by me.
But he's a sweet baby anyway.
Old Posted 01-21-2023, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote