Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #6481  
I need to clean out my closet >_> But I procrastinate on it.

Perhaps soon I'll finally get to it since I really want to do it.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-01-2023, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Do it!!!! Clean the closet!
Pro tip: get a plushie and take pics like they're helping you clean, it totally helps! ...Just ask Derpy. >.>
Lol.

Also...am making questionable financial decisions by ordering more safety eyes even though I haven't used any since my last order. But mostly because I need 8mm for a couple smaller plushies I have in progress and I don't have any I'm that size. I'm a little sad I can't get the slit-pupil design ones I'm 8mm though. But regular and/or even solid black will work too.
Old Posted 02-01-2023, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #6483  
I shall clean it! ;w; Also it's ok to make some questionable financial decisions.

Old Posted 02-02-2023, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I was really good about it and only got a variety of 8mm eyes....well, except for also nabbing the new zodiac themed glitter eyes in slit pupil, which only come in 12mm.

And for anyone interested, some photos of Derpy helping clean the closet. And an after picture. (It still looks kinda messy, but more new storage containers plus giving away excess yarns will help with that.)
Old Posted 02-02-2023, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6485  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Nah, then I'd have to figure out packaging for them and tbh, it's not worth the stress to me.
XP
Plus, I hate when people use Etsy as an alternative to Ebay. I didn't make the art, I'm not putting it on Etsy.

Ah, I don't think I've seen many of Vermeer's works beyond Girl with a Pearl Earring and The Milkmaid, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to.
Study of a Young Woman is the name. :D

I love Red Heart yarn. Sturdy and accessable. (yeeeah. I haven't really met any of the better kinds except from you)

I had a couple of little crochet dolls helping me open a giant Amazon package a couple days ago!
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 02-02-2023 at 09:31 PM.
Old Posted 02-02-2023, 09:28 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I can definitely see the difference! :D Nice job!

Old Posted 02-03-2023, 02:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6487  
Thanks! I have the bad habit of using my closet as a catch-all for...more yarn, stuff I'm too lazy to put away, etc. So step 2 is working on breaking that habit. And step 2.5 is taking in bags of yarn to work for a coworker to take some.
Old Posted 02-03-2023, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I think I'm boycotting Amazon. First, two different packages not delivered and I had to go get them last week. And both sent all the hecking several miles away. I wasn't able to get a ride to go get the book til today. It was put into the hands of some carrier I'd never heard off, and left at some convenience store. So I finally get there, and the place has pink handcuffs and bongs in the counter display, and the parcels are in milk crates behind the counter, right out in the open. I take the package, which is a plastic unpadded shipping bag and hurry into my friend's SUV. Get to the market, do my day there. Get home and open the dry and undamaged package...

And the book is soaking wet with something slimy, and is a second hand library book. I paid $11 for the thing! I haven't spent enough money on Amazon to be able to leave a review, and I can't even talk to the seller.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 02-04-2023, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6489  
Awww that's awful!

Also...just out of curiosity, what book is it? As the person in charge of withdrawn books at my library, if it's something I have in the storage area, I might be able to send you a replacement... >.>
<.<
Old Posted 02-04-2023, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
It was a certain edition of Castle In The Air (the Howl's Moving Castle sequel). I wanted that edition to match the first and last book in the series. The one with the black writing and all the silhouettes on it. The background colour's orange.

https://www.amazon.ca/Castle-Air-Dia...dp/0006755305/ Like that, only the gift card I'd been given was for American Amazon.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 02-04-2023, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6491  
Ah, yeah, I definitely don't have that in the withdrawn books. Pretty cover though.
Old Posted 02-04-2023, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
*nod nod* It doesn't seem to be a common edition, which is probably why I couldn't find it when I wanted to match my set.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 02-05-2023, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #6493  
captainposting, will be back later
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-05-2023, 04:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, it can be tough to find certain covers for books. Tbh, I really want to see if I can find a specific cover style of The Golden Compass to match the other 2 books in the series because the other 2 are clearly part of a very pretty set. XP
Also would like to fill in my Wheel if Time series with matching covers even though one of he book I own is very old and possibly a first run copy though idk for sure on that. I need to do research.
Old Posted 02-06-2023, 11:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #6495  
> play risk of rain 2
> get a god run, barely any artifacts used as captain
> game crashes after i go into the void locus
> you fool, i have propersave
> game loads me back in
> no items
> glacial imp vanguard
> o shit

ik this is par for the course what with the game naturally being somewhat unstable due to being a roguelike / roguelite + my modded client. just a pain in the ass.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-06-2023, 12:13 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Yeah, it can be tough to find certain covers for books. Tbh, I really want to see if I can find a specific cover style of The Golden Compass to match the other 2 books in the series because the other 2 are clearly part of a very pretty set. XP
Also would like to fill in my Wheel if Time series with matching covers even though one of the book I own is very old and possibly a first run copy though idk for sure on that. I need to do research.
I kind of gave up on collecting all the Oz books after being unable to get two of them in matching edition. I'm not sure why it's so important, other than they fit together better on the shelf. But the Jane Austin books I have are all different editions and I'm happy with them (though they ARE also mostly the same size?).

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 02-07-2023, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote