Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Blue Fish
Default   #6465  
Aww, poor furbabeh. I couldn't own a small dog as most of them annoy me but there are some cute ones and he looks like a cutie.
Old Posted 01-22-2023, 05:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, I'm not a fan of small dog either. But this sweet baby is okay. A little neurotic, but he's also a sweetheart.
Old Posted 01-22-2023, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6467  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Ah, I took a project (a partially done blanket square) with me to dog-sit my coworker's chihuahua last night....and got literally nothing done on it because his pupper has really bad separation anxiety and spent like 70% of the time whining, barking, jumping at, and pulling at the weather strip on the bottom of the door. 10% of the time was spent making laps around their house to look for his "parents", and the other 20% was either sitting with/near me or being rocked like a baby by me.
But he's a sweet baby anyway.
Poor dippy little dog. There's a little blue merle boston bull on my floor that's scared of EVERYTHING. His peeps laugh at him about it, but love him.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-23-2023, 04:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I think this little guy will be fine eventually. He just needs to get used to me.
But due to being abandoned a few times he has some major separation anxiety.

In other news, might see about re-organizing some yarn tonight as there are some decently nice modular storage units on sale at Joann and they should actually fit sideways in my closet so I can get my yarn organized in a way that makes all of them much more accessible so I'll actually know what I have and will use them rather than buying more all the time.
I bought 2 of the large ones to start, but will need more pretty soon.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 01-27-2023 at 04:47 PM.
Old Posted 01-24-2023, 11:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6469  

Wooo new storage!
Though I have to shuffle a few yarns as I found more of the teal ombre ones and I want to try to keep them all together. But it's a start! Now I just gotta pull everything else out of the closet and get that organized lol.
Old Posted 01-28-2023, 01:18 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Niiice.

o.O And someone is making weird noises somewhere in the building. Or was. Now it's just hammering.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-28-2023, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #6471  
Yay storage! Those look very handy for sure.
Old Posted 01-30-2023, 10:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Unfortunately, the sale on them ends this week, so I'll probably pick up 2 more of the largest size today, but then I'll have to either wait for a good sale or get lucky with good coupons to buy the rest that I need.
And then I need to get busy pulling stuff out of my closet so I can start getting the tubs in and seeing if they'll work how I'm hoping. Lol
I've been putting that off because it means finally coming to a decision with what to do with some art my dad made for me...like 12+ years ago that has literally never hung on my walls. Because...idk they're nice, but not my style tbh.
Anyone want an oil pastel version of the Mona Lisa? Or the Girl with A Pearl Earring?
Old Posted 01-30-2023, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #6473  
If you don't mind me asking, are you and your Dad close? Has he made you a lot of things?

The only reason I ask is that if you are close and even if they are not something that fits your style, I'd still recommend hanging on to them. Even if they sit in the back of a closet.

Now, if he's made you a bunch of stuff you still have and like they were your least favorite things I can see getting rid of them. Not trying to be all up in your business or give unwanted advice, just saying that those could potentially be something you wish you would have hung onto later in life.
Old Posted 01-30-2023, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Nah, we're not close. Those are the only things he's made me. It was a Christmas present the first year I moved out on my own and as an adult I realized he's an emotionally abusive jerk. (For example: the art of 2 of the most famous women in literature/art when I wanted to be an author, but he also had said he didn't think I'd ever succeed at writing.) I'm still too much of a people pleaser so I allow myself to essentially be kidnapped for Christmas most years and will have lunch with him a few times through the year, but I don't initiate contact.

They've been sitting in the closet for like 12+ years already as it is and I really need the space so idk.
Old Posted 01-30-2023, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6475  
Offer them on etsy? More money for the storage thingers?

Personally, I like the other painting of a girl by the artist who did the Pearl Earring one. People think she was his daughter, and she looks like someone it'd be fun to know.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-30-2023, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Nah, then I'd have to figure out packaging for them and tbh, it's not worth the stress to me.
XP
Plus, I hate when people use Etsy as an alternative to Ebay. I didn't make the art, I'm not putting it on Etsy.

Ah, I don't think I've seen many of Vermeer's works beyond Girl with a Pearl Earring and The Milkmaid, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to.
Old Posted 01-31-2023, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #6477  
finally got around to trying some mochi.
dad also had some.
bit sticky, didn't expect to be neutral on the rice dough, and it didn't hurt my teeth too much. dad doesn't like the rice dough much bc it's slimy when it's dethawed to the point we had it at.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 01-31-2023, 10:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Kaderin, ah gotcha. Well yeah, in that case, bye bye paintings lol. I'm a vindictive little shit sometimes though, in your situation I probably would have burned them already lol or just thrown them away symbolizing that they are just garbage to me.
Old Posted 01-31-2023, 11:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6479  
Percival: Mochi is a weird food. I've tried it a few times before, once made fresh by a coworker, which was the best one. For me, the texture is just a little too spongy. But the homemade one tasted really good.

Dalhanahue: Yeah, as I was pulling them out, I realized why I hadn't thrown them out. The cardboard backing in one of the frames was actually and old photo collage of my grandma's. Discovered initially probably somewhere in one of my moves when the frame broke. I don't think I've ever checked the other one.

In other news: I have gotten my closet cleaned out again and now need to go through a few small boxes of miscellaneous items to figure out if I want to keep any of it or if it's all junk. Also need to figure out where to put my small craft items like stitch markers, spare loom hooks, etc because I keep finding them all over the place. xD

And need to start sending yarn to friend(s) again. Literally...if anyone wants random yarns (mostly cheap stuff like red heart that I was gifted but will probably never use), hit me up lol.

Oh and Tam: As soon as I get more packing tape and pay all my bills (probably next week), I have a box to send you. With the right address this time.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 01-31-2023 at 01:22 PM.
Old Posted 01-31-2023, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
yeah, i have to have that sort of thing at room temperature or slightly colder bc otherwise my teeth will riot.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 01-31-2023, 02:31 PM Reply With Quote