Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #1345  
i'm on acne medication, not antidepressants or anything similar.

it's something i can go without, but my eyes might start getting bad again due to, y'know, fuckin acne being on my eyelids and everywhere else.

iirc, the meds are about £8? i'll have to ask.

i don't think i'd be able to apply for disability. nothing's been diagnosed and i'm going to have a hell of a time getting it diagnosed, because, y'know, the NHS is overbooked and overworked because all the bigwigs are paying themselves big fat paychecks while the nurses are barely paid a living wage. something like that.

i think i might be able to get medications for free if i'm on the jobseekers, but that's sort of embarrassing.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 11-11-2019, 09:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
That sounds really painful :(
Even if you could live without it, I feel that that would effect the quality of life you can have, yeah? If acne is on your eyelids, it could affect how you see, and not to mention would probably do a number on your skin if you had to apply makeup, yeah? D:

Why is it embarrassing to be on jobseekers? :(

Ah, so it seems like it's no different in the UK than in the USA.
It's really similar here. The "good" doctors charge an arm and a leg... as if it's a privilege to be healthy.
All the other doctors for us poor people are so overworked and stressed out that they really don't give a shit about their patients because they see *so many* at a time :(
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-11-2019, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1347  
I always bristle when people say being on jobseekers, etc is embarrassing. Don’t internalize that shit.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-12-2019, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Occasional depressive thought invading my brain suddenly today: :[ You're just not good enough are you?...Also, did you forget you only had one meal today?

Me: ;-; Well f*ck..thanks for bringing that up brain...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-12-2019, 02:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1349  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I always bristle when people say being on jobseekers, etc is embarrassing. Don’t internalize that shit.
+1. You didn't get fired, you aren't slacking off when you should be working, you aren't sneaking behind a current employer's back trying to pretend like you're a model employee when you really don't want to be there, you aren't homeless and desperate for any crap job that comes along... Most of those reasons wouldn't be shameful even if they were relevant, but none of them apply to a teenager entering the job market for the first time.

In truth, it's a positive sign. It shows that you're serious about work. It shows that you're not snooty and self-centered enough to reject an honest job just because it's not glamorous.

So don't let the bigots get to you. They're the ones that don't have respect for other people.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-12-2019, 11:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I don't know what jobseekers is :(
I googled, but really didn't get many results that made sense.

But I do understand how it can be embarrassing to need help.
I was one of those that believed that people would think I was "lazy" or "not contributing to society" if I were to go on disability. I fought tooth and nail to not need it...
Unfortunately, after like 7-8 hospitalizations and after spending hundreds of dollars on medication, it got to the point where I couldn't afford treatment anymore. I got a "normal" job at a daycare center and the stress was so terrible.
I had two therapists at the time and thy both strongly urged me to apply for disability. It became more apparent that I did need help because I owed the hospitals thousands of dollars from ER stays and inpatient treatment and the stress of owing all that money made my symptoms much much worse...
At the time I put in the application, I was actually still in inpatient treatment and by the time my papers were sent, I had just been discharged.

It was becoming obvious that I really couldn't work enough to sustain myself. When I was approved, it literally felt like an elephant took one of it's feet off my chest.
I don't want to be on disability my whole life, but for right now, while my mental health still kinda f***s me over, I can now pay for my basic needs... Food, medication, bills, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Occasional depressive thought invading my brain suddenly today: :[ You're just not good enough are you?...Also, did you forget you only had one meal today?

Me: ;-; Well f*ck..thanks for bringing that up brain...
Brain is confused D:
I think brain means to say, "You're super good enough! Also, did you know you might need to eat a little later?"

Brains! They can mess up their messages sometimes too

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-12-2019, 03:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1351  
Jobseekers is one of a number of public job-search websites. A lot of public services require you to show proof that you're employed or looking for a job, and being registered for a job-search website is one way to do that.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-12-2019, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
The US "Healthcare System" is fucking bullshit. we desperately need single-payer insurance for all, and to roll back the protections that allow drug companies to grossly overcharge for medication that may, at most, cost $10-15 to make.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-12-2019, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1353  
more serious things we can get done for free (i.e: a broken arm) because that's covered under the NHS, i think.

i'm not entirely sure what our healthcare system works like bc, you know, i haven't exactly been fully into the healthcare system other than for eyedrops for a really bad eye infection (that, thankfully, has cleared up) and acne medication.

also gotta love relatives' comments on the stye on your eye that you can't get rid of. :) have they ever heard of this neat little thing called SHUTTING THEIR FUCKING MOUTH? i can shut their fucking mouth for them if they'd like. with a lightbulb.

Old Posted 11-12-2019, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Jobseekers is one of a number of public job-search websites. A lot of public services require you to show proof that you're employed or looking for a job, and being registered for a job-search website is one way to do that.
Ah okay! So it's like indeed.com, or linkedIn?
It's been a while since I've been on a "real job" hunt,
The only sites I know of like that are indeed and linkedIn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
The US "Healthcare System" is fucking bullshit. we desperately need single-payer insurance for all, and to roll back the protections that allow drug companies to grossly overcharge for medication that may, at most, cost $10-15 to make.
I completely agree!
It's really annoying because it feels like unless you're filthy rich, you will always only get sub-par healthcare treatment.
There are some good providers out there, but they're really hard to find. And sometimes they do charge extra.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-12-2019, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1355  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Ah okay! So it's like indeed.com, or linkedIn?
It's been a while since I've been on a "real job" hunt,
The only sites I know of like that are indeed and linkedIn
LinkedIn isn't really a job search site. Indeed is in the right ballpark.

Old Posted 11-12-2019, 09:04 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Throat is still dry. Energy is lower than usual. x_X Fun fun week.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 11-13-2019, 03:12 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #1357  
have thousands of words' worth of essays to write, but woke up with a headache which has since abated, but now i'm very very sleepy

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-13-2019, 03:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post

Brain is confused D:
I think brain means to say, "You're super good enough! Also, did you know you might need to eat a little later?"

Brains! They can mess up their messages sometimes too
<x} hehe, yeh, pretty sure it was sayin' "You're not well. You gotta eat next time."

Now my brain says: "You need to get your sh*t together soon, if you don't want to keep feeling bad. >:T Go to bed!"

Daily Awful: Forgetting how delicate and sensitive I am, and totally dwelling on it for too long. >n>; Gets me worried about the future, and how I'll go about dealing with it...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-13-2019, 04:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1359  
my brother has to use both Indeed and, uh... the british one. universal jobmatch, i think.

Old Posted 11-13-2019, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
I might have to miss my own graduation ceremony for no reason than I can't afford cap and gown
Just like fucking high school

There's something about being consistently poor that makes me feel so fucking worthless

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 11-14-2019, 09:12 AM Reply With Quote