Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #801  
I've only had high tea once, and I've...forgotten the price tag. Probably in the 30's.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-09-2017, 08:43 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
There are a bunch of different types but I forget what tells them apart: high tea, low tea, afternoon tea, etc. As long as there is tea and tiny sandwiches, I'm happy.
Old Posted 12-10-2017, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #803  
wait no, then, afternoon tea.

...man, I don't care about specifics. To me, it's just TEA and CAKE and SWEETS and that's all I care about :|
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-10-2017, 04:53 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Heh. True. Going into the city at the end of next week so my sister in law and I are grabbing a couple friends for expensive tea! (We're not doing gifts this year and I'm holding to that so I have a bit of money to splurge on such indulgences. It probably won't happen again until next year.)
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 02:57 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #805  
Does anyone know of any good, strong orange pekoe tea? My sister and I are on the lookout. We've already tried:

Red Rose (current staple)
Red Rose Bold
Red Rose Canadian
Typhoo
Alokozay (good but we can't seem to find it again)
Overwaitea
Tetley
PG Tips (sister says good. I haven't tried)
Yorkshire

Always seem to drift back to red rose. The steeped tea at Tim Horton's is really good but it's never the same at home.
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I wish I could help with that.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #807  
It's sort of a thing we're doing. I'm fine with most (besides Tetley) but my older sister is trying to find one that's reliable. Overwaitea was really good the first couple times when I brought home sample packs, but the box was less so. She's even tried buying the Tim Hortons steeped tea K-cups and cutting them open since we don't have the machine, but it's not the same. Never is. (I heard people saying that all the time about the coffee when I worked there. We figure it's the 10% cream).
Old Posted 02-17-2018, 05:34 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I have no idea. ;u;

In other news, peppermint cinnamon tea is really good. :3

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 12:21 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #809  
I have re-discovered my old pu'erh tea pucks that I got ages ago. They're good! David's keeps discontinuing the teas I like and I'm getting annoyed at them. Still looking for tasty pu-erhs for my stomach.
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Aw no. :C Bad David's!

I need to get more cider tea. ;u;

Old Posted 02-26-2018, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #811  
What's cider tea? A flavour?

I also recently discovered the the tea store I've only been to once has moved to just behind an inlaw I visit from time to time. Next time I'm by, I'll have to see what he's got.
Old Posted 02-27-2018, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yes, not entirely sure if it's seasonal or not. ;u; I've had some for a while and am just now running out. XD

Old Posted 02-27-2018, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #813  
I looove coffee. I usually go for an Americano at coffee shops since it is nice and strong but lasts a long time. Whenever I hit an area in the city that has a dense grouping of coffee shops, I'll do my version of "coffee hopping".

I also brew a couple of cups everyday at home mostly using an Aeropress and enjoy experimenting with beans from different regions and roast profiles. I would eventually like to expand my setup, but that is too expensive at the moment.

Also, I do drink lots of tea. Not as many kinds as I used to since some started triggering headaches for some odd reason. Matcha is awesome and also flavored white teas. Sometimes oolong, but it can depend on the variety. Not a fan of anything remotely floral or herbal. Right now I actually have a mango coffee leaf tea which is surprisingly good.
Old Posted 03-14-2018, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
My sister just gave me a little travel mug with a French press in it. I'll have to try it one day.

I rarely drink coffee, so I have some of those instant tubes from Starbucks on hand that I got from my niece who didn't want them. I've found I like the Italian one, (the one with the moped on the wrapper).

I've re-discovered my fondness for peppermint tea, I was getting concerned with my black tea intake in the cold weather so I've been fishing for other things. A coffee actually sounds like a good idea right now.
Old Posted 03-16-2018, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
Default   #815  
I could really go for some coffee OR tea... either a good cold brew (coz my acid reflux) or a green tea... or earl grey...

*sleepy dreams of teas*

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 03-23-2018, 07:33 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
What does a cold brew do?

I'm thinking about that tea I bought that has coffee beans in it. I should make a cup now. Haven't touched it since I bought it.
Old Posted 03-24-2018, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote