Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #17  
Huh, I'm starting to wonder if I misremembered the reason my roommate liked green and white teas, if they are bitter overbrewed... I feel a bit bad about it now ><

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 10:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Police Force
I am a tea fiend, I admit.

Coffee does not agree with me and I am not fond of the aftertaste many brands leave.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 11:31 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #19  
Mm.

Green and white teas are picked at an earlier time and not as treated as black is, and they do get bitter when overbrewed. Since I always add milk and sugar to black tea I don't worry about it but I try not to overbrew green or black.

I like some green tea but I'm that fond of matcha tea, the Japanese ceremonial type. I like basic green with jasmine or Genmaicha, which is green tea with toasted rice and the kind that is typically served with sushi where I live.

I find green tea also helps with an upset stomache. Most of the green and white teas I have are flavoured. I used to work at a Tim Horton's and one of the really common staff drinks that people made behind the counter was hot chocolate with a green tea bad in it. Don't recall trying it myself. I usually used a mint teabag.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
I don't know if I would count as a Tea fiend...I do love(and miss) coffee, but I drink a lot more tea now. The one major upside to tea is that I can drink any of it(well, outside of white tea) since it can all be brewed caffeine free.

Most of the tea I have are Celestial Seasonings, my best friend worked for them for a year and I got a loooooooooooooooooooooot through her. I also live fairly close to a Teavana, so we've got a lot of loose leaf tea.

I tend to favour Green tea and Red teas, but can be tempted by most of them. I like a good herbal, chamomile and honey, to calm me down at night.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 11:01 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #21  
Red tea is technically herbal tea, and I know of at least one hoity toity tea store that doesn't sell it because they only carry "tea" as in from the "tea plant" which covers black, green, and white. Roiboos, red bush or honeybush doesn't count. I don't mind too much seeing as I'm not a fan of roiboos anyway, but I do have one that I like that my sister gave that is a rhubarb cream roiboos.

I don't know Teavana. There's a store called Pekoe (formerly Steeps) that I go to when I'm in the area, but usually I go to a place called "The Blue Teapot" which imports from Germany I think, or Murchies, or any place that sells gormet tea. To date I've only found Russian Earl Grey in one store. Makes me irritated because in Europe it's easily available by Lipton, along with a bunch of other goodies. I was pocketing en extra teabag each time I had breakfast somewhere. Maybe there aren't enough tea fiends in North America to make them bring it over here.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 12:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Police Force
I love Teavana. They have a yellow and gold tea set that I've also been salivating over for a while now.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #23  
I bought a cup and saucer set in a pearly blue. Alas, it's missing one saucer. Fortunately the guy who runs the store knows me on sight so I check in from time to time to see if he's found the rogue saucer yet. No luck, but it's a six cup set so I'm not totally worried. I can make do with four.

I collect teapots too. My newest aquisition is this hideous carousel horse teapot that a friend gave me to either do something with it or use it for target practice at the gun range. I'm going to repaint it as soon as I can get some primer to cover up the old paintjob. It's cringe-worthy.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Police Force
I'm extremely picky when it comes to teapots (I've really only found one I like and it's a plain white one), but I'm very open when it comes to my teacups. Because of this open attitude, I find my collection growing.

Some people like having the cups and saucers match with the design of the teapot, but I like it when the teacups are all different.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 12:57 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #25  
Ah. Yeah, I have a fair number of teacups, a couple sets, but mostly individual cups that I've inherited. I make a lot of different teas though, and my pots are usually small, one person size, or I use them for sampling when I have people around. My favourite is a plain, three footed stainless steel guy with the bottom of the handle disconnected from the pot so I don't burn my knuckles when I pour it. The mesh basket makes it handy too, since I have a lot of loose tea. I like my clay yixing pots but they tend not to pour very well because of their shape. I have a pig that pours through the nostrils (used for Genmaicha) and a horse with an open mouth (used for specific earl grey types).
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 01:12 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i'm mundo low-brow, i like black peokos cut tea with milk and sugar, if it isn't a fermented tea it isn't tea at all^^

....and did i mention non-dairy creamer?
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 06-22-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 03:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Aigoo!
Default   #27  
i don't drink coffee at all can't even stand the smell of it some times.
I drink tea some times I enjoy it some times but most of the time i just drink plain old tap water.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
This is going to sound so stupid, but I like teas that are light in taste but have a well-crafted flavor. If tea is a little strong, I'll put a little almond cream in it.

Now Coffee, I do love coffee, and coffee should always be strong with the right flavors blended in to offset the acidic bitterness. :3
I am J. S. Darling's Sexy mule.

█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█♡ █ bitch ツ
♪♫
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #29  
I like any sort of fruit tea that sounds appealing next to the hiney vanilla tea (SO GOOD) I add lots of sugar and lots of honey in my tea because I have a sweet tooth/throat (depending if you chew your liquids)

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Hee hee. I like sweet things too, Mighty Leaf makes a vanilla bean tea that's really good, but they're pricey so I don't usually indulge.

As far as coffee goes, I generally sitck with regular coffee, with close to half milk and a fair bit of sugar. I tend to have it as more of a desserty thing than something that goes with a main meal, and heck no for breakfast. I have no idea what the "right flavours" of coffee would be.

Not too fond of fancy flavoured creamers either. I've tried them the odd time when we didn't have milk around. I'll stick with milk and plain sugar thank you very much. ;)
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 02:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Level 100
Default   #31  
I am addicted to sweet tea.

Coffee is yuck!
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 04:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Hooray for caffeine!

In moderate amounts ;). Caffeine headaches are not so much fun, but fortunately are easily remedied.
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote