Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default   #161  
It's green tea with lemon. Maybe with some honey. But I haven't drank any of it in a long time...so it might suck balls now.

The reason I liked it-it didn't taste like shitty green tea whether it tasted like green tea or not.

And the powder...it's kind of like koolaid except koolaid needs sugar in my opinion where the lipton green tea powder does not. I put in the fridge and have ice in it in my cup?
Old Posted 01-06-2012, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Sounds cool enough, but I still brew my own green tea. :/
Old Posted 01-06-2012, 02:23 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #163  
Blah. Want more tea right now but I have a feeling it will put me to sleep.
Old Posted 01-06-2012, 02:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I'm about to go to sleep either way-tea or no.

-has some juice-
Old Posted 01-06-2012, 02:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Oracle of the Enterprise
Default   #165  
*makes green tea for herself*
The Ward and Ace of Funkduder
Funk Certified Mule

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
-Marianne Williamson
Old Posted 01-06-2012, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I love tea with sugar and honey, now I'm loving more sugar than honey because of work and honey just smells funky when the tea isn't fresh

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 01-06-2012, 04:04 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #167  
Hrm, I really don't like hot tea myself. I prefer sweet iced tea. It's what a lot of people that live in the southern part of North America live on for those of you either out of the country or in the north. I remember going to a restaurant in Ohio. My mom ordered some iced tea and the waitress looked at her like she was crazy. >.<
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 01-07-2012, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I would've looked back at her and been like...Tea...with ICE. It isn't that hard.

Sweet ice tea is awesome. And the only tea I can sometimes stand hot is green tea .-.
Old Posted 01-07-2012, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #169  
Iced tea yay! Ooooh what a coincidence, I'm actually drinking Iced Tea myself. *sips*
Delayed Student. Still fighting. Mecha Enthusiast.
Old Posted 01-07-2012, 06:34 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I've tried honey the odd time, usually when it was the only thing available. I'm not as fond of it because I'm not as fond of the taste. I stick with raw sugar mostly, though lately I've decided to be fancy and try this German Rock Sugar stuff from the Teavana store. Pricey, but one can get away with less of it. It's made from sugar beets instead of sugar cane. Not sure what to make of it yet, but it does the job. :)
Old Posted 01-07-2012, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default   #171  
I am both a tea and a coffee person.

I like green rice tea and normal regular coffee, Espresso is too strong for me and I don't like it.
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 05:07 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I like the rice green tea and when I do have coffee it's usually plain. I'm not one for strong coffee though I will have a Turkish coffee (so I've heard it called) when I visit my sister. Her husband makes it with cardamom. Doesn't consider much else real coffee. ;)

Iced tea is nothing strange to order up here, but it will pretty much always be lipton or soda fountain stuff. It tends to be quite sweet as it is, though from what I understand, probably near as much so as the southern sweet iced tea.
Old Posted 01-10-2012, 06:09 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #173  
Alright. My tea has become in invasive species. Need to go through it now and decide whether I actually need to keep all the 50+ kinds that I have (I counted. definately 50, plus the assortment of loose satchets kept in a couple cookies jars. Probably another dozen or so in there).

EDIT: so I noticed that a lot of the teas I like have cornflower petals in them. This leads me to think that perhaps I like cornflower petals. So, I pull a few out and nibble on them for a bit. Now I think that they are in the tea to make it look blue.
Old Posted 01-11-2012, 04:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
My wife and I are tea FIENDS, and I drink a TON of coffee. We have a whole cabinet full of tea and coffee. My favorite tea is Earl Grey, with spiced chai coming up second, but it's rare that I find a tea that I don't like. My wife likes sweet black tea best. (You have to put the sugar in while it's still hot! If you put the sugar in after it's been iced, it's tea with sugar, not sweet tea, a very different flavor.)

I've even experimented with some of my own blends because I tend to get a lot of looseleaf (Teavana sometimes, and a small tea shop in Memphis with a huge selection others) and I've even tried making some of my own herbal tea from fresh herbs. I think my favorite so far was to take some dragon green tea from the tea shop and mix it with some lemon basil from my father-in-law's garden that I toasted and crumbled.

Coffee I'm something of a connoisseur as well. I'm quite picky about my coffee. Anything made with robusta beans is automatically out unless I'm desperate for the caffeine. (And then I'll drown it in cream and sugar.) But if the beans are of good quality and properly roasted, I love the complex flavors of coffee, especially strong, dark-roast coffee. I've been known to drink espresso as if it were normal coffee. (Why yes I do have a caffeine tolerance. I'm also ADHD so caffeine levels me out instead of making me jittery. Weird, huh?)
Old Posted 01-28-2012, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #175  
Maybe not. I find coffee levels me out too. I started getting caffeine headaches in college when I averaged 5 cups of STRONG black tea a day. I tend to forget about my tea if I'm not watching it, though my stomche seems to have lost some of it's iron lining so I try to avoid oversteeping these days.

I've never really thought of blending my own tea. The most I do is mix an herbal tea I have with Yerba Mate when I drink it, because straigth Yerba makes me a little quesey. One of my favourite teas is actually a blend make by the wife of the man who runs a teashop at a botanical garden not far from here. It's a mixture of black teas with Lapsang Suchong (may have spelt that wrong) among other things, so it's nicely smokey but without over doing it. My gradnfather, apparently, used to live on the smokey Chinese teas.

Heh. I used to work at a Tim Hortons (Canadian coffe shop chain and cultural icon for people who don't know ;)) and a small video on coffee was part of the training. Apparenlty there are only two base coffee beans, Robusta and Arabica. Arabica would be your actual coffee beans, and Robusta would be your augmented grow-in-colder-weather-where-coffee-doesnt-normaly-grow coffee beans. They apparenlty make up a lot of the supermarket instant coffee stuff.

Not a coffee drinker except on rare occasions (I've had one cup since Christmas) but the history of it is fascinating. :). Watched a relatively recent documentary on the topic.
Old Posted 01-28-2012, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I love tea, my favorite right now, would have to be Earl Gray Tea, or English breakfast. I don't have much of anything so I just get the packets from the walmart around the corner. I hope to one day be able to actually have a "Tea party" Haha. I remember two years ago I went the the "Womens Tea" at my sisters church. I think in the 2 hours we were there I drank the most tea. xD

*I am a Test Tube Baby, My Mommy is Tiva and My Daddy is Alpha*

Old Posted 01-28-2012, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote