Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #6129  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
making shitty art via anime bases is pretty freeing. i should do it more often.
I remember doing that xD It's been so long though

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 06-27-2022, 11:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
I vote for the bigger squares. Are you sure you can't make invisible joins for them?
In my experience, invisible joins aren't as good as they promise. They leave pretty visible knots/lumps every time I try, no matter how closely I follow the tutorials.
Or the join I use most often doesn't leave knots, but does make the yarn visibly thicker.
Old Posted 06-28-2022, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6131  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
In my experience, invisible joins aren't as good as they promise. They leave pretty visible knots/lumps every time I try, no matter how closely I follow the tutorials.
Or the join I use most often doesn't leave knots, but does make the yarn visibly thicker.
Ahhh. Okay. Bummer.

Also, yesterday I started another two headed mushroom.

Last week I made a set of three matching shroomy sisters that I was going to see if the local gift shop would take on commission, but then a friend got wind of them before the youngest baby shroom was even finished and spoke for them.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-28-2022, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean, I can still reuse the scraps for other projects so it'll be fine.
Also...am pretty much back to where I left off the last 2 times on the blanket. Decided to go with just a solid white square for the start of the row. While the striped one is cute, it leaves a lot of ends to weave in and I'm too lazy for that. So I'll just start and probably end with solid white. Or maybe black at the end. Idk yet.

Awww little mushy babies! You need to take pics! It's a little sad you won't get that mush family in the gift shop, but awesome that your friend will be getting them! (And that they're supportive like that!)
I'm kinda jealous at how quickly your mushies go! XD

Which reminds me, I should get all my finished projects organized in one place eventually...maybe sometime this week. After I do some cleaning and get a little "safety bunker" put up for Batty because it's "scary boom-splodey fortnight (2 weeks)" around here. Aka: 4th of July and the weeks before and after it. And poor Batty gets so scared and sressed out and I want to try making a little hidey hole for him to hopefully muffle the sound some.
Old Posted 06-29-2022, 05:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6133  
working on a couple projects... New art of a character of mine because he just lost a horn and got his nose broken. Doll of a character from a show I really like...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-29-2022, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Kaderin: Would black fit?

I try to take pictures of every mushy I make. And I'm still boggling at how fast they go once they're born. And how many people say they want to order one, but then change their mind when I ask them to supply the yarn.

Boor Batty. We have first of July, but that's the only time there's really fireworks unless they decide to let them off at the stadium or fairgrounds for some game or event (and I live only a few streets over from that stadium now...) On the first one can sometimes see the fireworks shows of other towns or other parts of Edmonton, flashing away on the horizon.

Den: Stop breaking your dolls. XD
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-29-2022, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6135  
lol not my fault that the enemies he was facing got two nat 20s and managed to KO him when he was trying to save a friend from them. I do take pride in the fact that it took him 'til almost level 6 to get both a crit hit against him AND for him to get KO'd.

Quote:
Old Posted 06-30-2022, 02:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Tam: Yeah, black should work fine. The majority of the blanket is just bright colors, a couple of which have a little black in them.
Here's my progress so far (on re-do #3 lol)

But you never show me your mushie pics! Lol
Ah, it's really frustrating when people claim to be interested, but lose interest when they find out the price or are asked to cover the cost of supplies.

People haven't been as bad so far as they usually are, which is surprising. The city ordinances allow people to set off fireworks on the 4th and the day before and day after (3rd, 4th, and 5th)...buuut no one ever follows that and they'll usually set them off for the full weeks before and after. But so far, I've only heard a few that were set off a couple nights ago and nothing else. There are a few displays that are set off in town and I can see the main one of them pretty decently from my apartment, which is pretty neat.
I think I have some REALLY old pics of Derpy in front of some fireworks that I took from my bedroom window.
Old Posted 06-30-2022, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6137  
Sorry for falling off a cliff, but I worked a long shift on Canada Day, and I might be dead for a few more days. I'm still interested in what you guys said! Or I will be when I can interested again.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-02-2022, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Fair enough. Tbh, the most important information in my post is just the picture, lol.
Old Posted 07-05-2022, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6139  
And the picture looks pretty.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-06-2022, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Just Derpy helping his procrastinating mom make a blanket. XD
Old Posted 07-06-2022, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6141  
*blink*
Ahahaha! I'm sorry, Derpy. I was looking at the blanket and missed you!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-07-2022, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
ominous shart joking
been getting into playing minecraft recently. no man's sky has had updates, and rain world is getting steam workshop support, thus no longer necessitating that you download a modloader. wish celeste had the same, but i don't think maddy thorson wants to work on the game after doing the DLC right now.

everest works just fine as a modloader.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 08:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6143  
Diablo Immortal has a synced desktop version... Dunno if it's just my laptop being itself or if the game's just that intense on the system, but I prefer playing on the mobile version a bit better. less lag, and easier to control movement.

Quote:
Old Posted 07-23-2022, 06:26 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
...Wizard 101 has the characters blink? :D

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-23-2022, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote