Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate
  
Not Logged In
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Coda Coda is offline
Developer
Default   #2161  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
well, minecraft's going to shit.
What makes you say that? I haven't seen anything obviously negative recently...
Games by Coda (updated 4/21/2022 - New game: All-Nighter Simulator)
Art by Coda (updated 10/8/2021 - Skyloop and Overclocked background music)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-26-2022, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2162   Stabbsworth Stabbsworth is online now
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
What makes you say that? I haven't seen anything obviously negative recently...
global moderation that can get yourself banned from even your single player worlds on certain platforms, if you're banned and paying for a realm then they don't auto-cancel your realm sub, and if you own a server then you're paying for a server that you can't access.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

QPP time.
Old Posted 06-27-2022, 09:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Stabbsworth Stabbsworth is online now
Pixelist
Default   #2163  
oh god why the fuck is my dad an idiot.
he was keeping fuckin cherries in the back for a while. like, legit, they were fucking moldy by the time i managed to convince him to get them out of the stock room, where we have unopened food items. we had an infestation of fruit flies. this doesn't even get into the fact that we had a fuckin infestation of wax moths (i'm pretty sure they're wax moths, they better not be gnawing holes in my fucking clothing, otherwise i'm going to end up with so much scrap material) due to him bringing in a failed beehive that got infested with the fuckers.

and now bc he didn't get the trash out (food waste, iirc), we now have an infestation of regular flies. not just any fucking flies, these flies are massive fucking morons. they're even worse than most of my bad ideas, and i'm a fucking wheatley kinnie. his reasoning for not taking out the trash (or asking me to do it) is because the trash van doesn't come often enough.

this is enough to make me regret moving to my dad's apartment as a way to escape the abuse that i got from my brother. (my brother is on medication again, which is good, since it helps with his moodswings.)

and i appear to have scratches on my chest, which is probably from me accidentally scratching at it with my fucked up nails from my nailbiting habit. high anxiety + easy to irritate, my mother says.

edit: also we get fruit fly infestations fairly frequently, and for some fucking reason, the cunts love the toilet. so now i have to swat at the toilet any time i want to go for a goddamn piss or something in order to get them out.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

QPP time.
Old Posted 07-23-2022, 03:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2164   Den Den is online now
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Heat index is around 101°F/38°C. fml.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 07-23-2022, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Biomecha Biomecha is online now
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2165  
I'm in serious need of help, I don't know what to do as I feel like I keep running into dead ends in figuring out how to find a job when I have no noteworthy or official experience, and have to figure out what is manageable with mental illness and social anxiety. I can't sleep because of how knotted up my stomach is, and my father hasn't been able to find anything new for himself either.
Old Posted 07-25-2022, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2166   Stabbsworth Stabbsworth is online now
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
I'm in serious need of help, I don't know what to do as I feel like I keep running into dead ends in figuring out how to find a job when I have no noteworthy or official experience, and have to figure out what is manageable with mental illness and social anxiety. I can't sleep because of how knotted up my stomach is, and my father hasn't been able to find anything new for himself either.
i related hard with that. i don't have much experience either.

i think pantheon online might be looking for more artists? idk if you'd wanna do that though since it's commission-based work.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

QPP time.
Old Posted 07-26-2022, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Biomecha Biomecha is online now
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2167  
Sorry to see that you are dealing with it too.

I don't have any artistic skills, so that wouldn't really work out. It's hard because I am 41 and haven't been able to get help because something else would always take priority.
Old Posted 07-26-2022, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2168   Chloe Chloe is offline
Gothic Princess
A uni friend is going through the same, we chatted a few nights ago about job hunting and how bias certain fields are. Most companies want folks with experience which is hard for people coming out of studies that don't have it and most only want apprentices that are 25 or under, which leaves me and my friend screwed in getting the experience there.

I have found with most jobs I have gone to interviews for, it's usually, someone else has more experience which makes me laugh, I worked 7 years in a fast food role in the US and there was always a high turn over of staff or I'm a prefect fit but not for the advertised role. That one always confuses me since what role would I be more fitted for?

I kind of expect when most see my qualifications are for the tech field, they probably think I am too overqualified to serve folks, etc. Know one guy says he's been told he's too much of a wise ass to get a role in his trained profession.. but it's like this, you train and get all these degrees then can't break into that career.

I eventually got offered a role in the health care sector which means I will be taking more courses in the future but this means, I can work toward coming like a nurse, etc.

All I can say is, are you prepared to take any type of role out there or able to get help in going to learn new skills? I never thought about going the health care route but I can work on coding, etc in my spare time.



~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

If you need to find me off of Trisphee, best sites are:
Neopets: GoVoltronForce
Omega Quest: s44 Eve or s44 Hyoga
*bonus points if anyone knows what Anime Hyoga comes from, lol*
Subeta: Dawn
Discord: Voltron#3304


Old Posted 07-26-2022, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Biomecha Biomecha is online now
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2169  
I'd be interested in some type of training or help learning skills, but can't do anything that would charge a fee.
Old Posted 07-26-2022, 07:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2170   Chloe Chloe is offline
Gothic Princess
What kind of courses would you like to do?

Know there are a few free courses online.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

If you need to find me off of Trisphee, best sites are:
Neopets: GoVoltronForce
Omega Quest: s44 Eve or s44 Hyoga
*bonus points if anyone knows what Anime Hyoga comes from, lol*
Subeta: Dawn
Discord: Voltron#3304


Old Posted 07-26-2022, 08:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Biomecha Biomecha is online now
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2171  
I honestly don't know regarding what would be a usable skill. I'm not good at coding, though.

Do you happen to have an idea of other types that might be worth looking into?
Old Posted 07-27-2022, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2172   Stabbsworth Stabbsworth is online now
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
Sorry to see that you are dealing with it too.

I don't have any artistic skills, so that wouldn't really work out. It's hard because I am 41 and haven't been able to get help because something else would always take priority.
i'm on disability, which in the UK, means i don't rlly have to search for a job anymore.

that's unfortunate. :< do you have any coding knowledge? ik there's also voicework that can theoretically be done, but it's hard to get into that industry bc they're always hiring the newest celebs and shit.

edit: did not read the part where biomecha said they weren't good at coding. i am not smart.

if you want to improve that, i think there's codecademy and khan academy.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

QPP time.
Old Posted 07-27-2022, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Biomecha Biomecha is online now
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2173  
I'd probably qualify if I managed to have health insurance to get treatment and develop a history with doctors that would allow me to qualify.

My memory just isn't good enough for something like coding.

But thank you for trying, I do appreciate it. I've just been in complete panic and can't think clearly about what to do.
Old Posted 07-27-2022, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2174   Stabbsworth Stabbsworth is online now
Pixelist
yeah, that makes sense. have you eaten + slept? i tend to find that helps with making progress towards not losing your shit.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

QPP time.
Old Posted 07-27-2022, 02:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Stabbsworth Stabbsworth is online now
Pixelist
Default   #2175  
actual daily awful from me involves grumbling about my teeth. wisdoms are coming through, about all i've got to reduce the pain (more towards an ache) would be some ibuprofen.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

QPP time.
Old Posted 07-27-2022, 03:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #2176   Kaderin Triste Kaderin Triste is offline
Truthwatcher
Ugh. My bank is merging with another bank which is just a nightmare of needing to get everything organized and set up, but not knowing how to set up half of it. All I know is my current debit card will be deactivated at the end of the month and I'll need to activate the new one, but I use mobile banking to keep track of my finances a lot and they haven't sent me any information for that yet and I don't know how long the old bank's app will work with the new bank's account.
It's just a lot of stress. Mainly because the official switch over is in just a couple days.
Ugh.
Old Posted 07-27-2022, 02:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All content is copyright © 2010 - 2022 Trisphee.com
FAQ | E-Mail | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules
Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr
Return to top
Powered by vBulletin®