Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default Skype and Windows Live   #1  
Since Microsoft is refusing to do anything, I wonder if any of you might have an answer to this.

So you can now merge your skype and messenger contacts together now. Did that. Next time I logged in, they were gone except one due to the fact that he was actually online at the time. What can I do about this? D:
Old Posted 01-14-2013, 03:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
The only think I know for sure is that mine has three lists, Skype, Facebook, and Messenger contacts. So unless I set it to show them all at once, it only shows one set at a time.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
Well, the weird thing is that ONE Windows Live contact shows. So I know it at least half way worked. And it did show all my contacts...once. But not anymore.
Old Posted 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Are you sure it isn't just showing the ones who are online? I know Skype has that option.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #5  
I have never turned on that option because some people appear offline when they are online.

And I have messed with that option to see if it did anything and it doesn't.
Old Posted 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I was wondering how the merge worked since I have both MSN and skype but under different names, and possibly different e-mails. Not sure about my Skype account details anymore. Does this mean I'll have two potential skype accounts?
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #7  
You merge them and then login with Windows Live on Skype.

Then pray that your contacts stick around.
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 02:26 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
What will this do to my e-mail, if anything?
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
Nothing. Windows Live Mail is sticking around.

By the way, I suspect part of the problem with contacts disappearing is that it /only works for people with Skype accounts/. Any Windows Live Messenger user that hasn't signed up for Skype won't be able to be found.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 05:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
That is stupid. What's the point of merging them then? If they had skype, I wouldn't need to merge. And I don't know if that one friend has skype or not .-.
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
Because when THEY run the Skype migration tool, YOU have an account, and they'll find you so you'll get a notification basically as soon as they register.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
And what if they never run it? That's the problem. If I had known I wouldn't be able to contact them using skype when I fused the accounts...I would've never bothered. If they know that's how it was going to work, they should've said something so there wouldn't be five billion posts in this one thread there about contacts not working right.

At least I know why now. Maybe I should post what you said in that thread. It might help some people.
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
If they never run it they've got their head under a rock, because that's the only way to keep your MSN friends after March.

You mean you can't log into MSN Messenger with your account anymore?

Old Posted 01-15-2013, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Some people aren't going to migrate especially when the contacts don't move over. Some will just move to a different thing altogether like AIM.

I don't know whether I can or can't. I got skype because I wanted to have one messenger. So I was happy to hear they were fusing, but they don't fuse right.

I wonder what they'll do to the ones who don't migrate over. Do they just lose all their contacts? Why can't they literally fuse the things together..like how you could add yahoo contacts to windows live...
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #15  
They're NOT fusing. That's part of the problem. Microsoft is just RECOMMENDING that MSN users move to Skype.

Old Posted 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Yeah, but that's what they need to do, not literally fuse, but fuse the accounts at least and let me log in with my skype to get both and them work.

And they're getting rid of windows live so it's about the same thing really for people.
Old Posted 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote