Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Dragon Reborn
Default Mists of Pandaria   #1  
I'm surprised there's no thread for this yet. Anyway, who's looking forward to this. I'm looking forward to the chance to get back together with my guild and do all the new stuff. Hopefully it'll be a little longer lasting than the aptly named Cataclysm. Also please no panda hate because of Kung Fu Panda. Pandarin's were around before that movie.
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 09:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Alright, I'll put my two cents in for what they are worth. I've been in the Open Beta, and honestly, it's not a huge improvement from Cataclysm. Granted, since it's still in the Beta stages, going to be a bit buggy, but even in general it doesn't seem worth it. There's only another 5 levels added to the level cap, a new race that splits to go to either side, a new class (which is really only good as DPS or as a healer from what I've seen so far.....fails at tank, at least as they have it set up right now). The new lore is interesting, and honestly that's about it as far as I've experienced up to this point.

I've played WoW since the days of the original release (i.e. level cap of 60, first mount at 40, etc., etc.) and have kept up to date with the expansions.....and honestly I think they should have done it different after Wrath, but it is Blizzard's choice and I am still interested to see how Mists does and overall how they community receives it.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 09:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #3  
I haven't gotten to try Mists yet. I haven't played WoW in quite some time because of a lack of internet and I am going through serious withdrawals -- anyway, back on topic. At first the whole thing kinda put me off, don't get me wrong I liked the pandarins even in original Warcraft but they seemed too cartoony for WoW. I've played WoW since it first came out and I think this has been my biggest break so far -- I didn't even finish Cata. I'm not surprised that they only added 5 levels again.

Wanting Luna the Wolf! PM me :3
A quest! x3
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
I'm looking forward to it some but I was thrown off by the pandas being added not hating it just didn't expect it... I had already been playing a game that had pandas as a race though it's not one you see much of in that game perfect world... sadly that game is not like WoW in one aspect they keep upping the requirements for the computer to the newest or second newest so some people will lose the change to play
WoW has been great so far being able to run on older computers I hope it will stay that way
Old Posted 08-21-2012, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Default   #5  
I saw the new armor set for Death Knights today. It looks awesome!
Old Posted 08-21-2012, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
oh yay i was waiting for this thread... as far as my thoughts i stopped playing months ago. Free time for starters and after being in multiple betas for the updates.. it doesn't feel like the same game to me anymore. Heck my druid isn't even worth playing due to any other healer class being able to do what I could then some lol. I just don't feel the company is putting as much effort into WoW as they use to, though I'm sure their focus is shifted over to Titan seeing as that is their current pet project and all. I know I personally will not be buying the expansion.. I've played this game for a long time and normally end up going back to it at some point or another. But unless they fix a lot of the complaints I see on the forums about MoP then I for one will not be coming back.
Old Posted 08-24-2012, 10:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Mr. Halloween
Default   #7  
I was not excited for this expansions at all... Since all it allows you to do is go up to level 90. The panda's and all race exclusives from other expansions will be able for anyone. So to have a panda you won't need the expansion pack.. So I see it as no worth. I said it once and will say it again Panda's will ruin wow. I hated cata, wrath was iffy at best.
On phone at points sorry for any spelling born grammar mistakes.
Old Posted 08-24-2012, 10:39 AM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Cata wasn't the best expansion, but saying that pandas will ruin wow without having played the expansion is just being stubborn. We have walking cows, zombies, walking goats, werewolves, purple elves, and midgets. Pandas are NOT too silly for the game. Whether the expansion will be better than Cata has yet to be seen, but giving up without giving it a try and actually advocating against it isn't the right course of action in an adult world. If it isn't for you, than that's all good, but saying it is a bad game or anything of the kind is simply wrong. There wouldn't still be millions of players if that was the case.
Also, you can't go to level 90 or make a monk without the expansion. You also can't level up any professions, use the new pet battle system, go to the new zones, or use any of the other new features. The only thing you can do without the expansion is make a pandarin and level it to 85.
In my experience, BC was the worst expansion. Leveling through Outlands is the most boring thing I have done in the game. LK was above average, with decent leveling and decent dungeons, and Cata was about the same with the exception of the new 1 - 58 zones, those being fantastic. Leveling through the new Cata zones , both the 1 - 58, and the 80 - 85, is much better than the previous versions. From what I've seen, the new MoP zones are much the same if not better in that regard. They have also implemented some group quests similar to Guild Wars 2's questing where everyone, even if not in a group, contributes towards the goal(I don't know how many, but I know there are a few). Basically what I am saying is, while Cata was a bit of a slow down, the game is better than it was in the earlier versions (Vanilla and BC.) This is coming from experience both in the game, and in the industry.
Old Posted 08-25-2012, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #9  
Personally I played the most during BC and it is still my favorite version of the game, though I would have killed to play during vanilla... but maybe im weird =/ I liked things taking a long time and being harder and to say you had 5k in gold was like unheard of.. (my main has 30k rotting on her.. and each alt has at least 500g..). I dunno but I do know I'm still sticking to my word of not getting the expansion .. I think I will finally not return to wow seeing as the game doesn't feel the same to me anymore. Yes I played during a lot of the betas so you can't say i didn't give it a shot. :(
Old Posted 08-28-2012, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Will I get shot if I say that when I firt saw the ad for Pandaria I actually thought it was a new Kung Fu Panda movie? I missed the first bit of the ad that said otherwise.

I've never played WoW but I've been thinking about it on and off. Part of it was my school work (I was determined at the time to avoid online RPGs) and my lack of funds, since I wanted to play a blood elf and that would require (I believe) the first expansion. Not sure how it all works now though. I like the panda thing, even if I find it a big hard to take fully seriously because of Kung Fu Panda and the fact that Eden Eternal has bear races that I've played. I assume one would have to buy the base game. How many of the expansions would one need to get to play something like Pandaria?
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #11  
If you wanted to play Mists, you would have to get the Basic Game and all expansions prior to Mists (i.e., Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm) and then get the actual Mists of Pandaria expansion.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I kinda felt like cata ruined WoW... I don't even care about gameplay, I just hate that I could never go back and re-play the early stuff I had enjoyed. I miss Reggie Windsor dang it >.>

I haven't played in a couple years now, and my account apparently got hacked months after I stopped playing, which is kind of weird and amusing. I also don't really like monthly fees. I got Guild Wars (the original, yeah I'm behind) a few months ago for cheap and I love how casually I can play it without feeling like I'm wasting money.
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #13  
So, I'm bringing this back up a bit. Now that the expansions has been out for a while, any thoughts on it? Likes, dislikes, comments, criticisms, etc?

Personally, I think it was a bold direction for them to take the game. I dislike the change in Pallys (mainly for tanks), but so far enjoying the rest of it. Tried out a priest and lock as well, and they seem to have made the change quite smooth for players used to others. Must note that I haven't actually upgraded, so don't have access to monks or level 86+ and new zones, but the rest is there.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote