Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #929  
I'm in desperate need of a shower, but I'm going to be rolling around on the floor and sweating later so...I think I'll wait. -_-;
I require brekkfasst! >:{

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-10-2019, 11:26 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
same. i'm sweatin buckets in this weather

random thought for the void: surprisingly, i feel like bing's translator is better than google's. the x-to-english translation just flows better imo. GG microsoft

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 07-10-2019, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #931  
I don't necessarily trust either of them for accuracy of translation. If Bing is a little nicer-looking on the output that doesn't say anything about if it's really what the source text said.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-10-2019, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Well, I guess coffee places can be a hit or miss. ouo

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 07-10-2019, 05:50 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #933  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Awww, Derpy's post got featured on a local coffee shop's Instagram story feed thingy...

(Also, Mer, I hope it's okay that I'm using your art for his profile image, it's just too cute to not show off somehow!)
Yay derpy!
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 07-10-2019, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i'm very tired and unsure what to do with my life. i don't think i'd be cut out to be a therapist or anything, and physical work isn't my forte.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-11-2019, 11:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #935  
I'm slowly building muscle in my arms with my exercises each week. o-o; I'm seeing some shape but only when I flex. It's cool but like baby results.
Like trying to grow a bean plant and you are seeing a tiny green stem poking out of the soil. xD I'm helping better my weak ass torso noodles for life.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-11-2019, 07:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
i'm very tired and unsure what to do with my life. i don't think i'd be cut out to be a therapist or anything, and physical work isn't my forte.
Where'd "therapist" come from? That's an awfully specific career choice. There are tons of other white-collar jobs out there. There's computing, accounting/finance, science, education, law, management, customer service, art, entertainment... I'm sure if I tried I could think of more.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-11-2019, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #937  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
I'm slowly building muscle in my arms with my exercises each week. o-o; I'm seeing some shape but only when I flex. It's cool but like baby results.
Like trying to grow a bean plant and you are seeing a tiny green stem poking out of the soil. xD I'm helping better my weak ass torso noodles for life.
You're a girl. Unless you malnourish or dehydrate yourself (or use steroids), you're not going to see a whole lot of definition when you're not flexing. (And even guys don't naturally show the kind of definition you sometimes see in the media; that's the result of intentional dehydration in order to lose water weight before a photo shoot or competition.)

In other words: Good work! Keep it up! Even if it's not visible, that's a super positive result.

Old Posted 07-11-2019, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Where'd "therapist" come from? That's an awfully specific career choice. There are tons of other white-collar jobs out there. There's computing, accounting/finance, science, education, law, management, customer service, art, entertainment... I'm sure if I tried I could think of more.
i'm good at listening to people. thing is, i don't have any qualifications.

could do a waiter job.

also, apparently warframe is free. i'll put some time into it and see if i can't get into it.

Old Posted 07-12-2019, 08:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #939  
Quote:
i'm good at listening to people. thing is, i don't have any qualifications.

could do a waiter job.

also, apparently warframe is free. i'll put some time into it and see if i can't get into it.
Of course you don't have any qualifications. You're sixteen. If you had qualifications, that would be weird. Seriously, don't stress out about it.

Being a waiter would fall under "customer service". It's a perfectly respectable job, and being a good listener would be a benefit there.

EDIT: Being a clerk, receptionist, or secretary would ALSO be a good role. You obviously know how to operate a computer and you can type well, so being in a position where you're listening to what people need and helping direct them to where they should go might be something appealing to you.

Old Posted 07-12-2019, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
LOOK AT THIS CUTE LIL UNICORN x3

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 07-12-2019, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #941  

Old Posted 07-13-2019, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Of course you don't have any qualifications. You're sixteen. If you had qualifications, that would be weird. Seriously, don't stress out about it.

Being a waiter would fall under "customer service". It's a perfectly respectable job, and being a good listener would be a benefit there.

EDIT: Being a clerk, receptionist, or secretary would ALSO be a good role. You obviously know how to operate a computer and you can type well, so being in a position where you're listening to what people need and helping direct them to where they should go might be something appealing to you.
i'm pretty fast at typing. it's when i make mistakes that gets me annoyed, esp when i'm half asleep, haha.

also, like, nothing in this area takes you in for just one job. it's all multiple jobs having to be done on minimum wage because they love understaffing their stores, man.

Last edited by Stabbsworth; 07-13-2019 at 08:28 AM. Reason: grumbling.
Old Posted 07-13-2019, 08:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #943  
Quote:
i'm pretty fast at typing. it's when i make mistakes that gets me annoyed, esp when i'm half asleep, haha.

also, like, nothing in this area takes you in for just one job. it's all multiple jobs having to be done on minimum wage because they love understaffing their stores, man.
Yes, but on the other hand, you're sixteen. I can't reiterate this enough. Part time minimum wage to someone who's still in school is just gravy. If you work a customer service job (food service counts, don't look down on "burger flippers" -- I worked at burger shops before I got a professional job) over the summer in high school or part-time while taking classes in college, that gives you an income that not everyone has... and more importantly, the job experience you were saying you were worried about.

Or you can not worry about it and enjoy (legally) being a child for a while longer. It's a respectable choice and it doesn't really set you behind.

Old Posted 07-13-2019, 09:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:] I'm going to a flea market. I'm in my 20's and I enjoy them more than the mall. Even though some stuff might be cheap because they're old and worn...it's interesting to see what I can find. :} I go to swap meets and goodwills too, but flea markets are like tiny museums where it's legal to get modern artifacts. <3

Old Posted 07-13-2019, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote