Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #3249  
Thanks for the tips, friends!

I'm going to make a list of the things I need to get.
I don't have any real need to go anytime this week, but I will make an attempt before the end of this month,
Hopefully by then, I'll have a need to go to the grocery store.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-03-2020, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I like your avi Ava. :D
And I hope your grocery adventure turns out alright!
:T Had a supermarket adventure myself just the other day.
^_^ All went well luckily, and I got some fruit out of it to make a fruit salad + smoothie with.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-03-2020, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3251  
Thanks, Merskelly :D
I'm thinking of changing my background on my avi...
(I didn't notice this at first, but the squid head in the back kinda looks phallic to me. ^^; )

How did your pasta turn out? :D

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-03-2020, 09:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<xD It is kinda phallic lol!
's why I typically use just the background part of it and not the squid silhouette.

I haven't uh, made it yyyyet. >w>; I'm about to tho. I'll see if I can share a pic of it later. It's hopefully gonna be very tasty!

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-03-2020, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3253  
slightly worried about a friend, given his... tendency to get drunk off his arse, but his sleeping schedule has been out of whack for some time, so chances are he's just sleeping or getting to schoolwork.

hmmmm.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 05-06-2020, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Fighting the urge to spend all my money on Etsy stuff. (Lip balms, nail polishes, adorable polymer clay dragons, etc.)
Old Posted 05-06-2020, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3255  
I really need to shower. :/
But all I'll do for 15 minutes is,

Old Posted 05-06-2020, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i have no idea if i have the autism(tm) and i'm too afraid to ask so i'll just be sad about it.

also i thought i was adopted for the longest time.

Old Posted 05-06-2020, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3257  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
I really need to shower. :/
But all I'll do for 15 minutes is,
I haaaate showers,
But it's more like, I hate getting in and I haate getting out. D:
When I'm actually under the water, it's not so bad though!

Shout;
I told my mom that I have a goal to go to grocery shopping by myself...
And she clearly had little faith in me that I could do it. :(
But, she said to start off, maybe I could try just walking to the store and stop before I go in, call her, have her come and pick me up... and then try again, but maybe next time go into the store on my own, but not buy anything, then again, hae her come and pick me up again...
Then slowly graduate to walking to the store, actually going in, buying my groceries and walking home all in the same day.

I've never once gone grocery shopping by myself, so it's not like I expected I would just magically be able to do it on my own the first try... but I was hoping Mam would be more like, "Yeah you can do it, Ava!" rather than, "I don't think you'd make it home..."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-06-2020, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
last week, my dad died. it was a strange April. at the beginning of the month, my mom told me that my cousin's daughter (who was 22) died suddenly, not related to the virus. my dad was in the memory care building at my parents' 55+ community since July, and he'd been going downhill. he hadn't been all there for a while. and the Friday before, he'd just stopped eating, and the nurses weren't sure he'd make it through the weekend, but he did, but wasn't doing well at all. my one brother and i each got the call last Wednesday morning. we had a small funeral on Friday and it did that ironic thing where it was a nice day, instead of the rain that was predicted. my mom's been with my brother and his family. i think she's hanging in there. she puts up a good front... but she's not alone, which is good.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-06-2020, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3259  
@ Ava: <xD Hehehe I used to be just like that! I had to use music to get me into the shower and get me out of it.

@ Tystan: <:/ I'm sorry about your dad. I have a feeling that's gonna be my dad too when he gets too old and lives the rest of his life in a senior home, since he's seen what how his own parents are dying, and told me to just let him stay in a home under hospice care, and just to visit. I think he just wasn't want me to deal with the same thing he's going through with his own parents. <:c
My mom on the other hand >_>; is fully expecting me to take care of her as she gets old.

Actual shout: <XC I don't want to take a summer semester! You can't make me MOM! >:{ Can't make me do it! I need a break!!

Old Posted 05-06-2020, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
@ Tystan: <:/ I'm sorry about your dad.
thanks, merskelly.

my mom can take care of herself, we just think it's not a good idea for her to be by herself right now. and she seems to be doing all right at my brother's, so there's that

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-06-2020, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3261  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
last week, my dad died. it was a strange April. at the beginning of the month, my mom told me that my cousin's daughter (who was 22) died suddenly, not related to the virus. my dad was in the memory care building at my parents' 55+ community since July, and he'd been going downhill. he hadn't been all there for a while. and the Friday before, he'd just stopped eating, and the nurses weren't sure he'd make it through the weekend, but he did, but wasn't doing well at all. my one brother and i each got the call last Wednesday morning. we had a small funeral on Friday and it did that ironic thing where it was a nice day, instead of the rain that was predicted. my mom's been with my brother and his family. i think she's hanging in there. she puts up a good front... but she's not alone, which is good.
Very sorry for your loss, trystan :(
It's really scary when a loved one dies suddenly, especially when they were very young.
My brother recently passed away suddenly as well. He was 30, and my mom felt terribly sad that she wasn't able to be with the rest of the family (this was a little before the quarantine shut everything down). But the family who was there were able to stream his memorial on facebook.

I sympathize with you very much. Even if you know ahead of time that a loved one might die, it still hurts just as bad as finding out another loved one passed away suddenly.

How have you been doing since?

Quote:
@ Ava: <xD Hehehe I used to be just like that! I had to use music to get me into the shower and get me out of it.
Actual shout: <XC I don't want to take a summer semester! You can't make me MOM! >:{ Can't make me do it! I need a break!!
Oh my X'hal! It's gotten to the point where I can't even use the toilet without being on my phone! D:
I have music going when I wash my hair because it takes so frick'n long! Haha

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-06-2020, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Very sorry for your loss, trystan :(
It's really scary when a loved one dies suddenly, especially when they were very young.
My brother recently passed away suddenly as well. He was 30, and my mom felt terribly sad that she wasn't able to be with the rest of the family (this was a little before the quarantine shut everything down). But the family who was there were able to stream his memorial on facebook.

I sympathize with you very much. Even if you know ahead of time that a loved one might die, it still hurts just as bad as finding out another loved one passed away suddenly.

How have you been doing since?
thanks, Ava. I've been hanging in there. they still don't know how my cousin's daughter died. I'm so sorry about your brother {{hugs}}

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-06-2020, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3263  
we haven't seen smokey for one day.

Old Posted 05-07-2020, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I hope Smokey shows up safe soon!

Ugh, I kinda want to get my hair cut soon (hair places are open now again), but idk how/what I want. Anyone want to play "pick Kad's hair" again? 8P
Old Posted 05-07-2020, 07:59 PM Reply With Quote