Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #3473  
well, it does look vibrant on my grey! XD

the funny thing is, people have told me my hair looks "natural" when it's purple. at first, i was kinda confused, since purple is anything but natural. but then, one day back in like October, i think it was, one of the regular girls at our fellowship service had pink hair (dyed blonde first, then the pink), and my initial reaction was that it looked like she was wearing a wig.... and that's when i realised my purple doesn't look like a wig, it looks like it's actually my hair. :D

and I'm pretty sure it has the color swatches on the side, but whatever they are, i like what it does on my hair. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Despite blue being my favorite color, <xD I've not had my hair dyed blue yet, lol!
go for it! I've had blue hair too. :)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-13-2020, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
The problem with most bright color dyes is that they can look really fake if you're unlucky and have dark hair (basically if you have to bleach your hair and do it properly to a pale blonde/nearly white base) unless you manage to mimic natural highlights and lowlights in the bleaching process, it's gonna look like a wig.
90% of the time I was too impatient to do multiple bleachings, so I'd bleach once then dye. Which on the downside, meant that I nevwr got to do cool pastel colors, but on the plus side, my dyed hair still had some highlights and lowlights in it.

My hair has been many colors, but typically hot pink, raspberry, purple, and teal are my main colors that I've done.
My favorite hair dye job was actually a pink/teal/purple gradient. Unfortunately, my job at the time was less thrilled with it and basically said I either had to dye it a "natural" color or I'd be fired, so I picked up a box of black dye. And it ended up turning a navy blue color. But that was "less extreme" and therefore was acceptable.
And then when that job was closing down and everyone was getting laid off, I decided to do a sort of peacock-esque purple, teal, and green dye gradient for my last week there. That was when I really noticed that green is not a good color for me and washes out FAST in my hair. Like it really was only good for maybe a week and a half.
I've also done a dark purple color that kind of had a color shift to it. In some light it looked purple and in other light it looked blue.

I should really try to dig up old pics of me with dyed hair (oh oh and that was when I still had snakebites too!).
Old Posted 04-13-2020, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3475  
yep, i used to do the bleach bit first, then the color. some time ago, i just stopped with the bleach. the color takes to my grey sometimes, and this is a good color that does, and doesn't wash out or fade two weeks later. :)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-13-2020, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Oh my gosh, my first few phones had absolute garbage cameras!
Either way, here are the fun dyed hair I've had before (the ones I could find pics of anyway...)
Please ignore the poor quality images.

My fave gradient

What it became when work forced me to dye it

These pics are actually the same color in different lighting

This was my "what are they gonna do, fire me? 8P" hair color(s)
Old Posted 04-14-2020, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3477  
oooh, very nice! :)

i have pics on my Instagram. but Instagram changed their source code, and now i don't know which is the link to the actual picture. so...

wait, lemme see what's in my imgur

this was from November, about a month after i did the purple. the cut is still the same, the purple is a bit faded.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-14-2020, 11:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Love those gradients Kaderin! :D
They remind me of exotic bird feathers. -u- <3

And lovely hair Trystan. :D A witchy, magical lavender. ^-^

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-14-2020, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3479  
thanks Merskelly!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-14-2020, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Very lovely and love the lip piercings. I remember my work never cared what colour we came in with hair - I had cherry coloured and a very bright auburn, only thing the manager had issue with was piercings. I wasn't brave enough back then to get anything but my ears pierced, lol. I ended up with nine piercings before moving - most were gifts from my parents but the last one I purchased myself.

Me and mum had arguments over getting a nose piercing, in the end, I went and just got it done. I think she enjoys shopping for nose rings just as much as I do through I know she won't get it done herself. Eventually I will get the snakebite piercings cause I love those so much, know a person who does piercings who will give me a deal but have to wait till I can afford my own place or get roommates before I can get them through pretty sure mum can't really stop me - only thing she could do is throw me out and my friend has already said I can stay with him if that happens.

Eventually I do plan to use a sea green dye in my hair, have the dye but planning to cut my hair for the summer.

Very nice setup, love the fort and the mermaid tail blanket looks very cozy, had looked at getting one but all I could find was children sizes and the title screen looks like Sleeping Beauty from the photo you posted. not too sure cause haven't watched the older Disney classics in years, use to own all of them but now I usually watch horror movies. XD

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Last edited by Chloe; 04-14-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Old Posted 04-14-2020, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3481  
@ Chloe: Thank you! ^-^ I could've maybe fit into a child sized one, but it was a Christmas gift and seems to be handmade. o.O; Possibly commissioned but also possibly just one he found online.
Ooh, not Sleeping Beauty, sorry. Good guess tho! :D

YEaaaa~ Horror moviiiies. xD Actually I'm a big 'fraidy cat, but I love love love the old Universal Monster Movies. Also the Shining...also The Thing... O-o; Haven't watched them in a while...might give 'em another look. :p

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-14-2020, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
"Omnomnomnom cookie!"

Derpy waddles through, munching on an oreo.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 04-16-2020, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #3483  
that cookie looks yum, Derpy, and it matches with your clothes kind of.

Mers, i love all your owl themed stuff. :D also i keep seeing you post horror movies on 'the last movie i watched' thread, do you watch them a lot despite being afraid?

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-20-2020, 08:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Awww, it seems Derpy loves Oreos! :D

Thank you! ^-^ I like Owls, they're my favorite bird. Besides Vultures and Corvids, and Parrots...and Hawks. :3
Ah! Funny thing actually. <xD I don't typically watch horror movies since I'm not too big on jumpscares and horror themes, but every now and then I'll be brave enough to watch one and if I like it, it becomes a favorite. <x] It especially becomes a favorite if there are minimal or no jumpscares and the movie relies on suspense and a creep-factor to scare me. :D 's why I like The Shining.

Anyways, here's a picture my dad sent me of Tuxie the cat at my grandma's house. <x'D He's being lazy with my dad, but he's laying on the floor as he loves to do.

And here he is playing with the silly boy! <x3 <3

Old Posted 04-20-2020, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #3485  
i like owls too! i like floofy birds, the floofier the better :D i also like hummingbirds.
ahh. i think you'll enjoy 'The Others', then! don't read up on it cause you might get spoiled, but it relies more on spookiness and psychological dread than on jump scares.
awwwww kitty! <3 <3

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<xD All birbs get floofy when it's cold and they poof for warmth insulation, or when they're sick, or when they're just wanting to relax and sleep. <x3 <3 Very cute.
Ahh, I think I heard about that one. :D I might check it out later.
<x} If I feel brave enough hehe.

Yes, my dad told me he needs a bath. <x{ Poor grimy kitty. But he's a sweetie and a needy boi that loves pets and play. ^_^ He HUGE tho. <x'D Big and gentle! <3

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #3487  
i LOVE when birbs get floofy. xD. some of them get literally spherical when they poof. floofy blobs. o u o
it's not that scary- you keep dreading whether something scary is going to happen but what does happen isn't that scary. there's a couple of spooky scenes but for the most part it's your own anticipation keeping jittery :D

the big ones are gentler, the teeny ones are balls of troublemaking energy xD

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 01:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<xD what, like this one?

Ooh, those scenes are the most eerie. O~O! It might inspire a creepy story. >.< Hopefully!

>u> Ah yes. The same might be said for my brother and I. <w< Though I am not as energetic a ball of the troublemaking variety...more like the lazy cat who messes with my own mother just to make the day interesting. <x'D And my brother is the big boi with the lazy flop and the calmest temperament hehe.

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote