Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default *peeks in*   #1  
So... Yeah. Joined back in February. Been lurking since. My name is Den. I live in the Midwestern United States, and will be moving a bit further south in about a month. I am a knitter, a costumer, an artist, a writer, a voice-over artist (Amateur, but I do practice regularly), and a seamstress. I like playing with dolls, and my favorite shows include Doctor Who, and Transformers. Science and the cosmos fascinate me, and if I had a TV and a cable subscription, I'd alternate between The Food Network and The Science Channel (occasionally going to Discovery channel when Mythbusters is on :3). I am a self-proclaimed nerd.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 05-30-2014, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Hey there Den! Nice to meet you, I'm Waffles. Have you heard about the show Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey? It talks about science, history, mathematics and more! It's on hulu if you haven't seen it.
I ask lots of questions.
Old Posted 05-30-2014, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #3  
Ooh! I saw something about Doctor Who? *shifty glances* Who's your favorite Doctor?

Oh yeah! Welcome to Tris! :D
World's worst for poofing during a conversation. Sorry.
Old Posted 05-31-2014, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Hey there Den! Nice to meet you, I'm Waffles. Have you heard about the show Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey? It talks about science, history, mathematics and more! It's on hulu if you haven't seen it.
I'll have to check it out. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala Mikal View Post
Ooh! I saw something about Doctor Who? *shifty glances* Who's your favorite Doctor?

Oh yeah! Welcome to Tris! :D
My favorite doctors (Yes, I have two) are Matt Smith and John Hurt. Matt because he's the first I really started watching, John because I really loved his portrayal of the War Doctor. I am also working on a Tom Baker scarf (season 12), when I have the energy to carry it around (it's almost 70% done and pretty heavy already). Since I live in a place where the winter gets quite cold (in my opinion. I'm a bit sensitive to heat and cold), the scarf will come in handy in keeping warm.

Quote:
Old Posted 05-31-2014, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #5  
hi there den xD glad you made a post here too XD
c:

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I'm only just getting into Doctor Who. I'm in season 4 on Netflix, the series that starts off with Christopher Eccelston, the ninth Doctor. And I have to say that so far, David Tennant (number ten) is my favorite. He just has this absolute joy about him that Eccelston just didn't have. My favorite companion so far... I'd have to say Donna Noble. She's so spunky. In the first episode she was in, I really disliked her, but she grew on me.

How long have you been knitting?
Old Posted 05-31-2014, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #7  
I hope you like it! ^o^
I ask lots of questions.
Old Posted 05-31-2014, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala Mikal View Post
I'm only just getting into Doctor Who. I'm in season 4 on Netflix, the series that starts off with Christopher Eccelston, the ninth Doctor. And I have to say that so far, David Tennant (number ten) is my favorite. He just has this absolute joy about him that Eccelston just didn't have. My favorite companion so far... I'd have to say Donna Noble. She's so spunky. In the first episode she was in, I really disliked her, but she grew on me.

How long have you been knitting?
I have only seen one episode with Christopher in it, the Christmas episode with Charles Dickens. Haven't seen any episodes from when David Tennant was the Doctor, but I did watch the 50th Anniversary episode. I've recently started watching William Hartnell's (The First Doctor) episodes with a friend of mine.

I've been knitting since about 1999, when I first taught myself how to do so.

Quote:
Old Posted 06-01-2014, 04:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #9  
Welcome to Trisphee again. xD

Seems like you're into alot of stuff. That's awesome. I can't seem to find too many hobbies, so I envy you. x3 haha.

So, being a costumer and a knitter I'm guessing you knit your own costumes?
Hey, hey you! I have places that need visiting! XD
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Old Posted 06-01-2014, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Welcome to Trisphee again. xD

Seems like you're into alot of stuff. That's awesome. I can't seem to find too many hobbies, so I envy you. x3 haha.

So, being a costumer and a knitter I'm guessing you knit your own costumes?
Only if the character wears knitted items. Lately, most of my costumes have been fabric over foam, though I will be starting a project, hopefully by the start of next year, that will be a bit sturdier, out of thermoplastics, so I can do some painting and armor weathering.

Quote:
Old Posted 06-02-2014, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobotDen View Post
I have only seen one episode with Christopher in it, the Christmas episode with Charles Dickens. Haven't seen any episodes from when David Tennant was the Doctor, but I did watch the 50th Anniversary episode. I've recently started watching William Hartnell's (The First Doctor) episodes with a friend of mine.

I've been knitting since about 1999, when I first taught myself how to do so.
I haven't seen the 50 Anniversary episode... And I've been wanting to watch from the First Doctor, but I haven't taken the time to do so.

And WOW, 15 years. I learned to crochet when I was about 8, but never really did anything more than chains until I was in high school. I've only just picked my hook back up in the last 4 years when I found out I was pregnant with my first born. Although I haven't really finished anything major... I've mostly been making little things. I've been working on a blanket for my daughter for the last 6 moths or so... but it hasn't been constant. Oh, and I taught myself to knit just after Christmas. XD I've been wanting to learn forever, and I just know the basic knit and purl, but I feel accomplished, lol.
Old Posted 06-02-2014, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I have lots of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) laying about. The Scarf is the closest I've come to finishing something big. Just recently knitted myself a new eyeglass case because the one I have is falling apart.

Sometimes, all you need is the basic stitches. :3

Quote:
Old Posted 06-03-2014, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #13  
AM I SEEING TOM BAKER'S SCARF?! YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 06-07-2014, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
AM I SEEING TOM BAKER'S SCARF?! YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!
Yes, you are. :3 I got the 'pattern' from a very good website called Doctor Who Scarf, though I haven't exactly followed the pattern to the letter, because when I started the project, I didn't know how to slip a stitch. if I ever make this again (very likely, since I could very easily raise money for charity with it), I'll make sure to follow it properly.

Quote:
Old Posted 06-07-2014, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobotDen View Post
So... Yeah. Joined back in February. Been lurking since. My name is Den. I live in the Midwestern United States, and will be moving a bit further south in about a month. I am a knitter, a costumer, an artist, a writer, a voice-over artist (Amateur, but I do practice regularly), and a seamstress. I like playing with dolls, and my favorite shows include Doctor Who, and Transformers. Science and the cosmos fascinate me, and if I had a TV and a cable subscription, I'd alternate between The Food Network and The Science Channel (occasionally going to Discovery channel when Mythbusters is on :3). I am a self-proclaimed nerd.
Well hello there. Plenty of space around here for artsy types, and nerds. ;). Not all that familiar with Dr. Who (besides some references, merchandise, the movie about the making of, and some manner of childhood trauma that I think involved the doctor with the scarf, or curly red hair? I like the Transformers movie (the cartoon) but I'm much more familiar with the Beast Wars spin-off. I'm usually absorbed in Animal Planet, or Space Channel when I remember that it exists.

Being a lurker I'm assuming you know the place, but just in case, over in the clubhouse there's a crafter hangout if you haven't made your way there already, plus the writers' and artists' forums.

Do have fun! :)
Old Posted 06-10-2014, 04:43 AM Reply With Quote