Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #5201  
Nearly finished the braided doll that I'm making! I wanted to push on and do more, but it seems that my past few days of listening to music, even though I enjoyed the music, has given my nerves a jangle, so I was too overwhelmed to be able to continue. Sensory overstimulation, blech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Yeeahhhh...I see the joke now. Unfortunately humor doesn't alway convey well in text form so I tend to miss jokes unless a "lol" or emoji is included...
I need to start saying [joke][endjoke]. LOL!

Would a drawstring help on the pants?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-14-2021, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yes and no. Instead of a traditional waistband, I went for a soft, fold-over type waistband (because I have a worn to death pair with that type of waist and I love it), so in order to add a drawstring, I'd probably have to remove or ruin my soft waistband. I mean, I may have to remove it anyway to take it in, but I'm lazy when it comes to sewing and might just do whatever the quickest and easiest fix is.
Old Posted 04-14-2021, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5203  
Gotcha. Yeah. On some things, path of least resistance isn't a bad thing.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-14-2021, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Gotta get myself a task list for the weekend so I get stuff done! (Lol...yeah right, like I'll stick to it... XD)
But really. Gonna try to finish up the cat order I've been procrastinating on for MONTHS now (all I have left is to sew the eye of the grey cat, both eyes on the black cat, and sewing 3 legs and the tail on the black cat. All of which is super tedious, but not really THAT time consuming.

Could have had it all done while at work except the boss had been in the last couple saturdays so I figured she'd be in again today so I didn't bring any projects to work on. XP

And then I can work more on a certain dragon... >.>
Old Posted 04-17-2021, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5205  
Dragon, eeeee!

I voted sparkly eyes.

Yeah. I got another doll order today, but Hurricane Flo (aka that time of the month) is kicking my brains out, so I doubt any crafting is happening today or tomorrow, for me.

But. Yesterday I got Playdate Rapunzel's hair braided. THAT was WORK. And kind of crafty, so it counts for here?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-17-2021, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
So far, I have the back part done and 1.5 of the arms. Might finish the second arm after work.

Also am buying some more safety eyes today because the place I get them from online has some pretty and fun eyes that I've wanted for ages (Neon, neon confetti, "chromaphore", which is basically multichrome, and some other fun iridescent and glitter eyes) and since I have a little extra money this month, I'm splurging a bit.

Styling doll hair absolutely counts in my book! That's not usually very easy to manage, depending on the length and type of hair.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 04-17-2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old Posted 04-17-2021, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5207  
Awww. I think crafting supplies for things you might sell is an okay splurge. Better than buying a gigantic dolly with impossible hair.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-18-2021, 11:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Spent a bit more on the eyes than I was planning to, but got a good variety and it'll make for some fun plushies. Only got slit pupil ones as I generally prefer to make dragons than most other animals so far, but can get others if needed later on.
Old Posted 04-18-2021, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5209  
I've got a lovely cow horn that I need to get cut up to make weaving tablets and/or nålbinding needles with...Migraine struck yesterday and lingered into today.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 04-18-2021, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Oh. That reminds me. I have a lucet! And a niddy noddy, and I've already used the latter to help me make the skein for a braided doll. It was SO EASY. The things were 3D printed by a guy on Etsy. They're sparkly purple.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-19-2021, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5211  
Niddy Noddies are dead useful. I have the plans for making one out of PVC pipes, but I keep putting it off.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 04-23-2021, 06:49 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
I actually had to look up what a lucet was because I wasn't familiar with it.
Do want a niddy noddy some day. They are so handy!
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 04-24-2021, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5213  
A fork for making spool knit type cord.

Would you like a link to the place I got my niddy noddy from? They're inexpensive and sturdy. And you can pick the colour and get a name on it.

Den, ... I forgot what I was going to say and started singing the song from 'Annie'. O_O

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-24-2021, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Yes please! Might not buy right away as I just spent a ridiculous amount on some special discontinued yarns for making some extra magical dragons with (and maybe a shawl or something if I have enough), but I love browsing craft stuff!
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 04-24-2021, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5215  
Okay! https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/9654...apsible-niddy?

They also have a Grogu version. Oh, that reminds me. When I have enough money again I need to buy another yarn bowl. I hate taking the yarn out of the one bowl I have.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-24-2021, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
I always have to look up who Grogu is bc my brain refuses to accept that's his name
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 04-25-2021, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote