Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #5233  
Eeee. Awesome! Thanks, Kaderin!
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 05-05-2021, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
honestly, I get dad's logic, but at the same time... royal blue is not the same as blue, especially where yarn is concerned.

Some backstory: I am nearing the end of my big rainbow shawl (a few more rows on the current chart, then one whole chart for the next color, and the chart for the border), and have learned that a single, normal-sized skein of the yarn (Red Heart Super Saver, which doesn't use dye lots [This will be relevant shortly]) I've been using is not gonna be enough for the remaining charts. I have a big skein of the yarn I'm gonna use for the border, but I need another skein for the chart that's between the one I'm working on and the border.

Since Dad was gonna be in the town with a Walmart anyway today, I had him go to get me more of the yarn in the next chart's color (I have another of the color I'm working in atm on the way). He claims the store was out of the color I need, and that he matched the code on the color tag to another identical one, but it's royal blue, instead of being blue. Now, in any other brand, that'd be the dye lot, and the yarns would be identical in coloration (for solids, which the yarn is). Not the case with RHSS.

So. tomorrow, after therapy, I'm taking pop cans back and getting some money, and I'm gonna go to the other nearby town that has a Walmart and check there for the color I need.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 05-05-2021, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5235  
Yeah. Red Heart's good stuff. Not the softest, but sturdy and good for colours.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 05-06-2021, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Took a break from important projects to finish a book....and finish a shawlette. And start a new shawl pattern that I'm almost 1/4 through already (pics to come tomorrow when I have good wifi for uploading).

And as a related note, I need to remember to biy blocking mats soon. I have never actually blocked anything, but have a few projects in storage (and in progress) that need it.
Old Posted 05-07-2021, 05:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5237  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
Yeah. Red Heart's good stuff. Not the softest, but sturdy and good for colours.
actually, when it's properly blocked (Yes, you can, and SHOULD, block acrylic), it plays very nicely. One can also 'kill' it by steaming it to death, and it apparently gets very drape-y and lovely.

'course, I mostly use RHSS for making doll hair, where I'll unpick the strands of each individual piece of yarn, comb the snot out of 'em with a wire pet brush, then take my flat iron and press the combed out yarn into silky smooth and soft doll hair that styles easily and looks more like real hair at doll scale than actual commercially available doll hair.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 05-07-2021, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I've never blocked anything either... because mostly I make dolls. LOL

And yay, shawls!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 05-07-2021, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5239  
Mostly I do a lot of stuffed animals. And other stuff that doesn't need blocked like scarves and fingerless gloves and blankets. But I think blocking might (hopefully) help loosen up the cast-off stitches on my recently finished shawlette. No matter how much I try, my cast-off rows are always too tight.

And though most of the lace shawls I've done don't really need much/any blocking, it could open up the stitches a bit and help with shaping.
Shaping is gonna be a big thing on the new shawl I've started. This is it here:

I've gotten a little farther on it since that picture, though not much.
Old Posted 05-08-2021, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
That's a pretty blue. Ombred?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 05-08-2021, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5241  
It kind of has a subtle ombre effect I guess. Very short color shifts though. Not really a true ombre yarn.

Haven't done much more on the shawl yet, but may work on it some tonight and/or tomorrow.
Old Posted 05-10-2021, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
*encouragement* You can do it!

Aaaand... I'm too brainless to think of anything else to say. *splat*

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 05-10-2021, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5243  
Lol thanks! It's been slow progress lately, but also might have someone interested in buying it already, depending on how it turns out when finished of course.

Have a lot I want to work on right now, so I may try to do "shifts" tomorrow where I work on projects for limited amounts of time (1 hour, 30 min, etc depending on the complexity of the project).
Old Posted 05-12-2021, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I didn't get anything crafty done today. Only found out I'd somehow managed to stain my hard body CPK with stuff I had no idea would cause stains.

Shifts is a good way to keep your brain stimulated. How'd it go?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 05-12-2021, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5245  
That is a pretty blue. Reminds me of a somewhat cloudy sky. :D

I need to finish the Disney bag I started ;w;

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 05-13-2021, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
I've been wanting to finish my comic but I've been too anxious to be at my computer for very long
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 05-13-2021, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5247  
*sympathy* I can't concentrate on counting my crochet rounds right now.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 05-14-2021, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Do I need to summon Derpy for hugs and hype-ing? Because I'll do it...
>.>

Lol
Old Posted 05-14-2021, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote