Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Default I hate poetry. So here's some.   #1  
I suppose if I'm going to share anything here, I should probably just do it. I've been fighting against myself regarding that, so I'm just going to start putting things here until I suddenly realize that I shouldn't have done this. Yes, I am that self-deprecating.

Anyway, I used to write a lot more poetry and short stories than I do now -- in fact, I only recently began writing it again -- so I have quite a few things to share. Rather than doing it all at once, I suppose I'll just trickle pieces through here whenever it feels appropriate to do so.

I'd also just like to state that my writing tends to get very dark, and is often disturbing in some way. That's just meant as a casual warning in case anyone seeing this is somewhat sensitive to such things.

So... I guess with all of that said, I'll just post the poem I finished moments ago (at least, it feels finished to me -- unlike most writers, my finished content tends to be approximately 90% sewage written on a page and about 10% editing).

Edit: I just realized that I never stated my intent for this thread, which is apparently common here. I honestly don't care what you do or say about anything that I've written -- critique is welcome and highly encouraged, but so is abject humiliation. Interpretations are also very desirable, particularly if they're not what was intended; seeing things from different angles is always a learning experience.

Teeth
All generalizations are false, including this one.

Last edited by Solucet; 03-13-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Revised one word of the poem. That's my 10% of editing.
Old Posted 03-11-2014, 02:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
*Gives the thumbs-up*

Actually, the October/November event had a poetry contest.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 03-11-2014, 02:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #3  
I don't really participate in contests -- I actually can't remember the last time that I was part of one. I suppose they can be... entertaining, I guess, but I see little point in competition, personally, even if it's just "for fun." Actually, especially so in that case.

Anyway, before I go spiraling off into the tangent I just deleted two paragraphs of, I figure approximately 12 hours is good enough before sharing something else. Especially when the idiocy of that first poem leaves me feeling nauseated.

All in Due Time

Old Posted 03-12-2014, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Transgressive prose: a personal apocalypse (in both primary senses of the word). I really should write more of this, actually, it comes insanely naturally to me -- which is probably indicative of something.

Cracks in Glass

Old Posted 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #5  
You describe this stuff well...
I had actually never heard of Transgressive prose before.
__

__

Old Posted 03-12-2014, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
It's a relatively odd genre of fiction, granted, and most of it deals in extremely offensive subject matter (a lot of it related to sexuality). The prose I wrote kind of loosely fits under that categorization, but instead of dealing with sexuality, it deals wih an unholy apotheosis (which is symbolic rather than literal, as everything in that piece is).

Like I said, it loosely fits that description.

Old Posted 03-12-2014, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #7  
I feel like I'm posting in this single thread too much, but I'm honestly somewhat astounded: I've managed to write three poems in the past three days after years of a complete, crushing creative drought. So, with that, this is one more that I just "finished" (which means I'll probably come back to edit it at some point, considering this is completely fresh with no revision whatsoever).

Lilies For

Old Posted 03-13-2014, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
That's good...
I actually need to get back to non-RP writing...
__

__

Old Posted 03-13-2014, 05:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
That's good...
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
I actually need to get back to non-RP writing...
Interestingly enough -- and yes, this is going to be a relatively unrelated (ha!) tangent -- I've been told on numerous occasions by multiple people that I should get involved in role-playing or interactive fiction. All of my short stories are -- at least narratively speaking -- first-person character studies, often written in present tense. If you're familiar with method acting, that's only a slight exaggeration of what I do to write them: I try to get into the mindset of the characters, explore the world around them, and use their appropriate voice.

You would think, given all of that, that role playing would come very naturally to me, but I've never really done it much. The extent that I did was in a community for an MMORPG, and that was mostly just because they actually had members who were intelligent and respectful rather than just another gathering of pseudo-men waving their gigantic penchant for "superiority" around like the game was a mating-season contest.

And... yeah, that was a lot more than I meant to say.

Old Posted 03-13-2014, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote