Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Exp. + 9,000
Default   #17  
Moving back towards the upper deck when she was done unpacking a little, I sighed heavily. It was the time I've been dreading. Telling them that they were actually going to have to listen to everything this woman was going to tell them. I was expecting a lot of complaints, but I was ready for them. I didn't really care what they were going to think about this because they were going to have to listen to me no matter what. I was expecting them to start challenging my judgment though. They would get over it eventually though and then we'd be one big happy family again... Well, maybe not the happy part. Some of these people aren't very happy at all.

"Alright. Listen up. This is your Deputy Captain Haze," I started, demanding everyone's attention as I stood on the side of the ship, balancing myself expertly. "I don't want to hear any back talk, any bellyaching, or any complaints about this. You don't have a choice in who I bring on this ship and you never have. So, if you don't like my decision then you can leave right now. And I mean, right now." I pointed to the side of the ship, making everyone remember that we were still perfectly docked. Everyone looked around nervously, but no one even made a move to leave. "Good then. Let us be off." I stepped down from the side of the ship, expecting the ship to be out of the harbor within minutes now.

[ L v e ]

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I stood just below the captain on the deck as he made his small speech to the crew. They moaned and groaned just as I thought they would. But that's expected from some pirates. 'Specially when it's something they don't totally agree on.

For the beginning moments while the crew was just finishing things up to set sail, I just stood near the outsides of the deck and observed what was going on. The crews working habits, talents, and what not. Stuff I should be on the look out for for future references.

I jolted up from a slight nap I had decided to take behind some barrels, before we sailed off. I looked over to see Calan had ended up on the floor next to me. I guess he feel off my head when I awoke. Picking him up and helping him onto my shoulders and head again, I stood up and hurried over to where the captain had gathered everyone. It was for that new women. I glared slightly and sighed hard. Well to late now to speak up, guess I'll go find that spot again and take another nap while I can. I turned on my heels as the captain released us and walked slowly and around the deck a bit before I actually went to it so it wouldn't be obvious.
Last edited by Airu; 10-10-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #19  
At least they were accepting it and not wanting to leave because there was a woman on board. That made me nod sternly when they walked away. I then turned back to Haze and smiled. I motioned towards the crew since I noticed she was observing them already. I couldn't get over how good she was going to be for this crew. I could just feel it. She had so many skills when it came to being on a ship. I then sighed and turned my attention back to the rest of the crew. They would glance over here every now and then, giving Haze rather dirty glances. That was going to have to stop. The smile fell from my lips immediately as I crossed my arms over my chest and gave them all a hard scowl. They were going to get used to this and they were going to get used to it now.

"Alright, Haze. You can take a look around if you want. You can do whatever you need to do to get used to everything around here. People pretty much have the same job everyday. They like to mix it up at times though, so don't worry if someone's at a different post someday," I said and nodded. My eyes then rested on Quincy. He was looking rather suspicious by some barrels. He was notorious for taking random naps. I smirked and then looked back towards Haze. "Well, if you need me just give a shout, alright? I'm going to go take care of some things."

Then I moved away from her and quickly made my way towards Quincy and his strange creature he demanded keeping. I sighed softly and wrapped my left arm around his shoulders, pulling him in tight. I leaned down and put my head right next to his, looking in the exact same direction. "So... What are you about to do? Over here, near these barrels? I can throw you overboard whenever I feel like it you, know," I said, the last part obviously a joke.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I nodded to all he had said with out saying a word. I didn't feel I needed to. So I started my way around a bit more above and below deck. Every once and a while I would get a rude comment, but I just ignored it. They will soon realize it doesn't bug me. I shrugged it all off and continued looking around.

Finally making it just to the barrels something had grabbed a hold of me very tight. I jumped a little from being startled. I just kept my eyes straight forward and then I closed then after hearing his voice echo into my ears. It was the captain and he had caught me. He normally ends up doing so though. I scratches my cheek around where I had a scar across it. That always ended up being my dead give-away, but I couldn't help it. It's my nervous habit I tend to do when I know I'm in trouble.

"I would rather not like to go over board, Capt'n. Even if we are still docked. Thanks though, Sir." I pleaded just as Calan jumped off my head on the Captain's. "Calan!" I reached up and grabbed Calan pulling him off the Captain's head. "I'm so sorry, Sir. He's still trying to learn whose head is the right place to be." I held Calan in my arms and slipped out of the grasp of the Captain's and turned to look at him. "Please let him stay still. I was only over here checking to see if there was anything that needed to be taking down below." I reached my hand up again and scratches my scar.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #21  
Laughing, I shook my head and released him from my grip. I don't remember why I'd wanted him aboard to begin with. I looked down at him and crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot a little. It was all for show though. He was a good kid and I didn't much mind him. He was good at what he was assigned to do at least. I pushed my bangs out of my eyes, the green hairs annoying at times. I then sighed and looked towards the creature that had just jumped onto me. I didn't mind him either, but it was always something to give him a hard time about. I took my hat off for a second and placed it over my chest, leaning down to his level. I looked forward at him and changed my expression from serious to rather playful.

"Don't lie to me, boy. I know how you act when you're lying. Just accept that you were caught. Also, I don't really mind your monkey being here. He's fine and he doesn't cause any trouble... Just don't sleep when you're supposed to be on duty, alright? I know you were going to go to sleep behind these barrels. They've been here for a while now and no one ever comes over here but me," I said and shook my head.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
The captain was a nice guy. I really looked up to him anymore. I'm glad to become part of his crew. I smiled as started to loosen up some. I let go of Calan allowing him to jumped into some of the ropes. "I wasn't coming over to just sleep. I wanted to rest a little. You know.. after being on my feet all day why we waited for your new Deputy Captain to arrive." I looked to the side a little glancing over at her. I then looked back over at the barrels. "I won't come over here anymore." I ruffled my hair some and straightened my headband.

"Um.. so.. why a girl though?" I looked up at him again giving full attention. "She someone special you know? Or someone who may be special to you sometime on the trip?" I slid next to the captain and nudged his elbow with mine while smirking with a small laugh.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 02:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #23  
"Well... I honestly have nothing against you wanting to rest, alright? You can just come and ask me if you want to rest and it'll be fine, especially on a day like this. I understand that people need rest sometimes and we have plenty of crew members that can cover for what you're not doing. I don't like you doing this behind my back though," I said and then shook my head. I stood back up straight and placed my hat back on my bed, pressing it down over the bandanna to keep it more secure. I then sighed as I looked at the monkey climbing up the ropes. He was honestly kind of cute sometimes, if you didn't have to see him all the time. I wasn't much for animals most of the time, but it was nice to have one on board at least.

Then I looked back over at him, not liking what he was asking me. I took a step away when he nudged me because he made it perfectly clear what he was implying when he did that. I then shook my head and looked down at him. "Miss Haze has more qualification that half of this crew combined... She was just put down because of her gender and no one accepted her onto their ship. I was the only person that didn't care that she was a female and accepted her with no questions asked. She's a good pirate and that's that." I knew my voice was a little harsh there, but I didn't care. It was the truth and I wanted it to be known.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
"Alright," I nodded to the captain and looked up keeping an eye on Calan. "Sorry to give you a hard time about her." I sighed still looking up. "I didn't mean to step over the line if I did so." I stuffed my hands into my pockets. "'Ya know.. Just curious on your take I guess. Had to get it out of me?" I laughed lightly and looked back to the captain. "Guess it'll be an interesting adventure." I smiled and nodded to the captain as I turned and started towards the other crew members to help out again.

After wandering around a little bit I headed back up to the main deck and walked over to the edge of the railing looking at the dock and the place we were getting ready to leave. I hope to not come back to this place. I didn't have anything here really. I looked back along the ship and noticed something had jumped up into the rope and was crawling around a them. I found that odd somewhat. Haven't been on a ship with a animal aboard yet.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #25  
It made sense, but it was still kind of offensive to assume that... It's not like it was honestly a possibility that I would just want a woman aboard to have her in the bedroom. I could see how someone could think that though because she is staying in my room after all... That's not how I do things though and these people should know that... Most of them have been with me on this ship for man years... Though, Quincy hadn't... He'd only been here for a year and a half or so, while I've been a pirate captain since the age of 16... So, that makes me rather young for a pirate captain, since they are usually rather old... I didn't care though. It was what I was meant to do and nothing was going to keep me from doing that... Obviously.

Just as my train of thought ended, the boat began to pull out of the harbor. That was perfect. It made me smile as I began to walk away from Quincy. "You're a good kid, Quin... Just be careful with what you ask, alright?" I said before I began to trot up to the navigation. I had to set everything properly to be where we needed to be by tomorrow morning. I sighed softly as I reached the wheel and sat down in my chair that I kept up there, eyes on the sunset firmly.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I watched the monkey from above for a bit before I looked down to see the captain headed somewhere. I quickly let out a hey and made my way over to him just as he sat down in a chair. With the wind starting to pick it blowing my hair all over my face. I sighed and wished I had kept my bandanna on now. I pulled it back out of face my, well at least tried to get most of it out of my face. "So.. what kind of grub and drink you have this boat?" I turned and looked at the rest of the crew. They seemed all to be relaxing now, just chatting and resting. I guess it was alright if they did so now. We had just sailed so not much to do now but watch how things go.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #27  
Turning, I noticed Haze climbing to the navigation with me. She asked me what kinds of food we had on the ship, but I wasn't much interested in that right now. I just sighed and leaned onto the wheel, staring out at the sunset longingly. "Isn't it just so gorgeous? The open sea? It leaves you with a feeling of accomplishment to be on a boat, headed out into the harsh waters... Just leaving yourself at the mercy of the weather and the water... It's a fool's dream... But I never claimed to be anything but a fool," I said and then leaned back, looking up to her. I smiled at her and shrugged my shoulders. That wasn't really something I was expecting her to react to... It was just some of my own thoughts slipping out without going through the filter between my brain and my mouth. "We usually have soups and bread on here. Different kinds of soup though. You'd have to go talk to the cook for specifics."

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I turned my body to the captain and back up slightly to rest my back against some railings. I was taken by surprise when the captain started rambling on about the waters, the ship, and what not. I was expecting him to reply to my question but I just shrugged my question off and nodded to his take on what he was looking for while aboard his ship. I understood each point he was saying. I loved being out on a ship just as much probably. I pushed some more loose hair behind my ears and pulled it all over to one side over my shoulder. "Aren't we all fools to live aboard ship and survive off simple foods, just to get what we want?" I smiled and nodded. I agreed with every word he had said.

"Hm.. Well guess I'll just have to go and find the cook for more specifics." I laughed and stood straight up. "I guess I'll be back up here later, then." I went to turned to go down below but then realized something. I wasn't sure if he kept his room locked or not and I was to get into it, if it was locked. I looked back up at him. " Do you keep your room locked? I wanted to go back in and unpack a little more."
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #29  
It was amazing how she knew exactly what I was referring to. It made me smile and lean back in my seat. I looked over at her and removed my hat for the time being. I then sighed softly and placed my right ankle on my left knee, turning back to scan the waters for the truth they would hold. "This is something I'd always dreamed about. I honestly never though that I would be sitting on my own ship as a captain... But here I am... Plain as day... Sailing my own ship on the open sea. It's truly a miracle and a dream come true..." I said and then sighed heavily, planting my feet back down on the floor firmly. I grabbed the wheel to steady it some, but then I looked back to Haze.

"Alright. The cook is rather nice and he should answer any questions you have to the best of his ability... Which should be pretty damn well unless he wants to be fired," I said and made that last part sound a little playful. I knew it wasn't good to joke about that, but it's all you had when you were on a ship with limited resources. "Oh. I forgot about that. I had a key copied for you. Here." I then fished a key out of my jacket pocket and handed it to her. "It should be kept locked at all times."

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-11-2010, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I smiled and let out a soft laugh at the rest of his speech. I looked out across the ocean then back at him. Felt odd listening to him say something peaceful in a way, but it was nice to listen to him. I nodded to him as I grabbed the extra key and stuffed it into a small pocket in my pants. "Well I guess I shall go see what the menu is. You never know if things may change." I shrugged and turned to start down to where the cook was at. Before going to talk to him though I may a side trip to out room so grab my bandanna again. I tied it around my head and went back out making sure to lock the door behind me. I then made my way to go talk to the cook about the selections to eat.
Old Posted 10-14-2010, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #31  
Nodding my head when she turned and left, I leaned back in my chair and placed my feet on the wheel. I then sighed as I looked out and the water. The dim light was glistening off of the gentle ripples and it truly was a dream come true. I shook my head and closed my eyes for a moment, inhaling a huge lung full of the sea air. This was definitely something a lot of people missed out on in their life. Not everyone could be out on a ship... Much less the Captain of one. This was definitely what I was meant to do with my life... A smile spread over my lips as I opened my eyes and put my hands behind my head. I linked my fingers as I relaxed, hoping that no one would be giving Haze a hard time on the way down to see the cook.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 12-07-2010, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote