Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Exp. + 9,000
Default If Pirates are Bad and Vampires are Worse... [WhitexAiru]   #1  
It was going to be a damn good day... I could tell that from the beginning. I stood on my ship and closed my eyes, inhaling the crisp salty air. I exhaled heavily. This was the life. The only life for me. It was a good thing I didn't have too much that was tied to the land... I didn't want to have to be forced to come back for something. I didn't have any family and I didn't have a lover that was land locked. I liked it that way because it allowed me to have more time at sea... I tried to make sure my crew was pretty much the same way... Because I didn't want to have to go back because of something that happened with them either.

Today, I was to be getting a new deputy captain... Funny thing was though, it was a female. I didn't much like the idea of my crew having to get used to a female being on board. I knew she wouldn't be safe anywhere but inside of my own cabin... So, I already had an extra bed set up for her in there. There were no other females on my ship at all, but I didn't discriminate. She was the ost qualified person I'd seen in a while, so who was I to judge? Just because she's a female... Doesn't mean she can't be a good addition to the crew.

On this trip, we had several things to do though... There was mentioning of a big ship that was going to be transporting many things that would be of great use to us... And when I say of great use, then I simply mean it's expensive... and what else do pirates want other than treasure? This was to be a good night... I could feel it. The sun was beginning to set and we would cross paths with this ship sometime in the morning. I had their trajectory pretty much memorized. I knew the fastest way to get to where they were headed with the treasures, so I want to get them when they're still pretty far away from it.

[ L v e ]

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
My eyes had open to a view of blue and white from the sky. It was a very bright, somewhat clear day today. That meant great news for myself tonight, clear skies. What a great day to be sailing out. I sat up and pivoted my body so my legs were now hanging off the side railing. Stretching my arms out one of them felt very heavy all of a sudden. I looked down beside me only to see Calan tugging on my sleeve to get my attention. "What is it? You ready to set off?" Calan nodded and jumped onto my shoulder as I rested down my arms. Calan was my pet monkey, he's my only family anymore. Besides my crew of course.

I hopped off the rail only to turn around on my heels and lean over the side railing now. It always seemed slow right before we set sail. Roomer going around the reason we are stopped here is because we are getting a deputy captain finally. I sighed hard wishing I had gotten that position. Oh well. I began to scan the crowds among the boardwalks and the beach wondering who it was to be the new deputy captain. Calan screeched a couple times and hopped off my shoulder back into the ropes of the sails, swinging between them all.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #3  
Turning back towards my ship, I gazed up at it as the smile of a proud captain spread over my face. I was so damn proud of this vessel. It was huge and magnificent. It was the best ship I'd seen in a long time to say the least... And it was all mine. I didn't even have to steal it. I had it constructed for me and it's the best thing I've done with my life... Hell, this ship is my life... And I'm not afraid to admit that. I reached up and pressed my hat down on my head more firmly as I turned back around and looked out over the crowd. I was searching for the new deputy captain, but I didn't see her anywhere. She would be here soon though and I was sure of it... It was only close to the time I told her to be here, so she wasn't late.

Sadly... I hadn't told any of the crew that there was going to be a female onboard that outranked everyone but myself. Hopefully they would be pretty accepting of it... I was doubting that though. It was wishful hoping. I sighed lightly as I grabbed hold of a rope and began to pull myself back to the deck. I didn't feel like walking out to the dock and onto it. I had to do things the hard way... It allowed me to get a surprise entrance at least. Placing my boot on the wooden surface, I pulled my body onto the deck and looked at my crew as they were preparing the ship to be setting off once again. This was definitely the life for me.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 01:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
Scanning the beach I had barely noticed the Captain coming onto the ship by rope took me by surprise a little. I knew the Captain was different but that was my first time seeing him board the ship by rope. I laughed a little and turned a bit to great the Captain. "Hey Cap'n." I slowly walked over to him and gave a little wave. "So.. there's been a little roomer wandering around the deck and below." I reached my hand up to my head and ruffled my hair a little bit and straightened my headband. "Mind filling us in a little more?" I smirked and kinda nudged him with my own elbow on his arm. "Were dying to know."
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #5  
When I climbed aboard the ship, I knew it was going to take someone by surprise. I didn't know it was going to be Quincy and his monkey though. It made me laugh on the inside to know that it was them that reacted to my climb over the front of the ship. I adjusted the fabrics of my uniform to lay correctly though as I looked down at the man that had been on my crew for a while now. "Well... Let's just say that there's a new Deputy Captain and it's going to be a new experience for all of us..." I said and then winked. Well, it would be kind of hard to tell that I winked since I wore an eyepatch... But the smile on my face probably made it obvious. I then moved over towards the part of the ship that was down at level with the dock, not wanting anyone else to be the first one to greet her when she got here.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I was kinda taken back by the Captain's response. I really didn't expect him to say that much. I sighed as Calan hopped down onto my shoulder. "Well ready to go meet who else is going to command us now?" Calan nodded and wrapped his tail around my upper left arm. I turned after the Captain and followed behind slowly. I took a spot along the railing close enough to get a good look at who ever the new Deputy Captain may be. "Hey Calan, how old do you think they are? Think they are gonna be able to put out enough for us? Were gonna have to be hard on him, huh?" I laughed as Calan let out a light screech and stood up on my shoulder. I lifted up a hand for him to wrap his tail around it to help steady himself.

I was walking along the boardwalks scanning all the ships looking for the right one. I hope I would find it soon. I would rather not want to be late for my first time. I let down my bag off one shoulder and transferred it to the other.

I was finally going out. I was so excited. Some Captain had finally accepted me because of my qualification. I had been refused quite a few times because of my gender. I sighed heavily. It just had not been fair. But that's all over with now. I looked up just in time to see the ship I had been looking for right in front of me. I stared at it for a couple of second before stepping onto the ramp reaching out to the deck.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 01:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #7  
The look on Quincy's face when I walked away from him was well worth my words. It made me bring my hand up to my mouth and laugh into it quietly. These people had no idea what they were getting into... They probably weren't going to take too nicely to being commanded by a woman... But some of them would be sadistic and kinky enough to get off on the fact that a woman was going to be over them. That was why I was going to have to keep an eye on her while she's here. I didn't accept her into my crew to get raped. Though, most of my crew was better than that... Not all though... Just some. I sighed as I looked up at the sunset. This was the time I'd told her to be here.

Just as I turned back to eyeball the dock, there she was. I smiled broadly and placed my hand on the side of the boat. I then pushed myself up and jumped over the side, my feet planting firmly on the dock beside. I walked out to meet her and tipped my hat to her. I then stood beside of her and began to walk with her to the boat. "I'm so glad to have you aboard, Haze. Don't mind my crew members though... I honestly didn't let them know you were coming until just now."

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I looked the boat up and down taking in all the little details of the ship when I saw someone had jumped onto the dock and started this way. It must be the Captain. I couldn't think of any other person who would suddenly do that. I laughed a little as he made his way next to me. He wasn't a bad looking guy. Well at least if the view of the ocean isn't amazing, the view on the deck will be. I laughed a little to myself some more.

As we walked back to the boat it took me by surprised that he hadn't mentioned to his crew yet that the new Deputy Captain was female. "Why did you wait 'till last minute to tell them?" I glanced over to him and then back at the boat noticing more men were forming around the edge.

I didn't notice anyone coming up to the boat until the Captain had headed down. I leaned a little bit trying to get a better view of the new guy. Calan started to copy me and lean forward to, also putting a hand over his head as if to block the sun from his view. I shook my head a couple times and kept looking. That wasn't right.. I pushed my way threw some of the other crew members to get closer. He had long hair.. And a figure. And a chest. This had to of been a mistake. Was the captain blind? I pushed my way in front of everyone looking in awe at what was coming near along side the captain.
Last edited by Airu; 10-09-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 02:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #9  
"Sorry... It kind of slipped my mind, actually... I was just so... Simply dazzled by your qualifications that I didn't care that you were female, so.. I was going to just hope that maybe my crew could ignore it," I said with a laugh. I then looked back at her and knew that would be simply impossible... Especially since she was well fit and attractive. It was painfully obvious that she wasn't a normal crew member. You couldn't treat a woman the same on a boat as you did a male... It just wouldn't work that way. Especially not this one. Something tells me she can be vicious.

"Get off the sides of the ship you lousy men!" I yelled to the people crowded around the side of the boat. "Get back to work. I want to be able to pull out of this harbor in five minutes!" I then shook my head as people scurried away from the sides, grumbling to each other and tripping over random object- including people. I then sighed and stepped onto the boat. I stopped and waited for Haze to climb aboard as well. I would introduce her to the crew properly after she got her bags settled down in her bunk.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 02:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
"Heh.. no need to be sorry really. I just thought it was odd they don't know yet." I smiled and looked down at where I was walking some. It made me a bit uneasy about boarding the ship and the crew not being prepared for a women to come in and take control. I shrugged it off and followed the captain onto the deck. Even though he dismissed the crew from where we were I could still feel all the eyes on me. Not like it was new though. I get it a lot being around pirate ships and being female. I live with it anymore. "So.." I turned toward the Captain. " I remember you mentioning you didn't have enough sleeping quarter for an extra? What were your plans for me?" I let my bag slide off my shoulder a slowly and hang from my hand.

I was just amazed the Captain had hired a women to do the job. I wasn't sure if that infuriated me or turned me on. Shaking my head I turned and followed the rest of the crew to finished of the remaining duties to tend to before we sail.
I kept finding myself glances over at the new Deputy still in awe. Calan didn't seem to notice much of a difference. Only that it was someone he doesn't know.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 02:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #11  
This was obviously not settling well with some of the crew members, but I just gave them a stern look and a nod to get back to work. They should trust the judgment of their captain a lot more than they are right now. Honestly, if someone doesn't like it that bad, they can get off my ship. I don't care if they find women to be inferior... In this case, she's a lot more qualified than the rest of the people on board. Well... She's probably on about the same level with some of them, honestly... But you gotta start somewhere. It was better to drag a stranger aboard to rule over these men than to pluck one from the pack and put him in charge.

"Oh yeah. You're going to be sleeping in my room. I had a bed brought in there for you. I hope you don't mind that..." I said as I moved towards one of the hallways to walk down off the deck. My room was deep within the ship because it would be harder to find the captain that way. I didn't want it too be too terribly obvious as to where I reside. "Also..." I leaned in close to her. "I don't trust some of my men to leave you alone if you were given a room by yourself." I hoped that was made clear enough... Because I didn't want to just come out and say it.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 12:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
Nodding to the Captain's words a few strands of hair fell out from under my bandanna. I just tucked them away behind my ear for now so I didn't give off a rude first impression, by just taking off my bandanna to fix it. "I don't mind. I guess it is rather more comforting being in there rather than alone or in with another crew member." I laughed slightly. My eyes wandered all over the place as I followed him down to his room. Remembering every corner, stair, hallway, and door. I tended to be very visual. I hated not knowing where I was. Guess it had become a fear of mine. In the past I have been on ships just to help with navigation, but solely navigation. I would get through off board once they didn't seen to need me anymore.
Last edited by Airu; 10-10-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #13  
"Then is all for the best! Great. I'm so glad you agree with my decision. I didn't want you to be uncomfortable here. I also kind of blocked off that part of my room, so it seems as though you have your own small quarters in there. I want you to have a sense of privacy as well," I said and nodded my head. I then turned down one more hallway and broadened out. I opened the door and stepped inside. I pressed my back against the door and pointed to the far corner that had a bed placed in it. There was a set of shelves on the other side and a curtain set up to be drawn and closed at any time. "It's not much, but... It's all we can do for you for now.~"

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
I laughed at his comment on privacy and gave a slight smirk. "It's a pirate ship. I never expected much privacy. Thanks for the thought though." I smiled and made my way into his room and passed the captain. Well what was now our room. Heh.. Felt like an odd thing to think since we met not to long go. I made my way over to what was now my area. I lifted my bag and lightly tossed it onto the bed. "I do appreciate you doing this for me though. I look forward to working on the ship."
Last edited by Airu; 10-10-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #15  
"Well, everyone else on the ship has privacy... So, I thought it to be only acceptable to give you the same liberty," I said and shrugged my shoulders. I then sauntered further into the room, looking about her area to make sure everything was there that I asked to have. It was acceptable and it made me enjoy the people that helped me make this ready more. "Well, how about we go ahead and go introduce you to the rest of the crew? They're probably dying to know more about you." That last thing I said was honestly so awful, that it made me laugh out loud. It was obvious that the crew wasn't taking too kindly to a female being here.

[ L v e ]

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
"I guess that is true." I nodded and unpacked a couple of things from my bag. It was really just clothes and a few items to keep m busy alone the way. "Alright." I guested back to him while slipping off my bandanna to fix it from earlier. I decided to not actually put my hair back up seeing at we needed to head back up. So I tosses it next to my bag. The few green dreads that were hidden by the bandanna fell to the side of my head onto the rest of my brown thick hair.

I followed the captain back up onto the main deck where the rest of the crew was. I guess if they didn't like the idea. I would make them like it. Or I guess they could just leave, but I'm sure none of them will actually leave. In ways I hope it makes them work harder then I do. Guys, as I've learned, never like it when women can do a better job than them.
Last edited by Airu; 10-10-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote