Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #1121  
I see..

so whats best for what? Like for my shiva? or my odin? o3o

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-19-2015, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Yes, I'm compiling the same ones, but right now the highest is maybe at three. x'D I was thinking of doing it to like twenty or something.

Old Posted 07-20-2015, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #1123  
I have been compiling the same ones, the highest being three I think. I'm thinking of doing that to about 20.

Old Posted 07-20-2015, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Keep in mind that combining pluses costs extra coins. Adding the first +1 to a +0 sub on your team is MUCH, MUCH cheaper than adding the last +1 to your +296 leader. For HP and RCV, there's no difference which member of your team those pluses are on.

ATK is different because spike damage is a thing -- stacking tons of ATK on one monster is better than spreading it around the team, since only damage that gets past a monster's defense counts for anything at all. However, ATK also modifies active skills, and Two-Pronged Attack modifies ATK (1.5x when triggered), so it may not necessarily be the numerically-highest ATK monster that's the best choice. (Currently I'm working on plusing up my Cleopatra's ATK so that her poison works faster.)

So while statistically it's best to lump all of your pluses (especially ATK pluses) onto one monster, earlier in the game (that is, ml's scenario) your coin budget may restrict you to spreading things out.

When spreading out HP and RCV pluses I prefer to use them to shore up weaknesses (e.g. fixing Gigas's negative RCV) so that I can swap the monster into other teams without having them be too much of a drag on the team's stats.

Another point about conserving coins: Really crappy trash monsters (unevolved slimes/fighters/carbuncles) are better to sell than to feed to anything, and less-crappy trash monsters (chimeras, demons, evolved carbuncles) give better efficiency if you level them up some first. PadGuide has done the math for you in advance -- scroll down to the "Fodder Exp" section and it'll tell you the best level for the monster before you feed it to something else. If it's a lower level than that, you'll save coins by feeding the monster something; if it's a higher level than that (and it didn't drop at a higher level already), you could have saved coins by feeding something else.

BTW, the thing that keeps Shiva's power from being excessively broken is that monsters with low defense and high HP will interrupt your sweep. Most dungeons don't have multiple rounds of high-defense low-HP monsters in a row -- possibly because of this.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-20-2015, 11:06 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #1125  
I was actually going to use low end monsters to stack the bonus things, this way they can only reach a low level at most and won't cost as much coin wise to add the bonuses to (aka those crappy trash monsters). As for the health and the recovery, I was just going to raise it for the leader for the health (because the ones that are good leaders will always be there for the most part until I get a better one) and spread some of the recovery out over other ones with some low recovery states. As for the attack bonuses I'd just do it on the strong duel element ones that I have because duel elements are awesome. owo

Old Posted 07-20-2015, 01:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That's a good point, dual-element monsters get 10% more effectiveness out of bonuses to ATK. (And, as mentioned, monsters with TPA get 50% more effectiveness.)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-20-2015, 01:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #1127  
i shoulda asked this question before i started playing xD my healer has all sorts of plus's

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-20-2015, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
lol, Until now I was just throwing them on monsters without checking out what the bonuses were. x'D

Old Posted 07-20-2015, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #1129  
thats what i was doing. o3o my archeachle has like +8+5+9 o3o, and then that tama that came with +3+3+3 i gave to my Odin xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-20-2015, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I feel like + eggs are a lot more common now than they were when I had double-digit rank. I basically didn't have enough pluses back then to even worry about distributing them.

Old Posted 07-21-2015, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #1131  
during some events, tech dungeons have an increased rate of dropping + eggs so I farm for them then xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-21-2015, 07:16 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
And most of those events I can't get far in and get tired of doing lower dungeons, so I'll go to either normal or tech dungeons with an increased drop rate, they tend to drop them more often. ^^;

Old Posted 07-21-2015, 08:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #1133  
Boss kitty never dropped for dk ;-;

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-22-2015, 07:44 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Poor DK. ^^; Have you done the pudding event? I got to the final boss when I got wiped. =(

Old Posted 07-22-2015, 01:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #1135  
pudding? is that the new collab? IS THAT WHAT THOSE THINGS ARE?! x'D

i got 3 little weird blob things from the new collab ouo

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-22-2015, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I thought one of them was called some kind of pudding. ^^;

Old Posted 07-22-2015, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote