View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Really hope my dad just shuts up and accepts my legitimate reason for not wanting to go to my grandma for Thanksgiving. Mainly that my hrandma is older and I work directly with the public A LOT and the covid vaccine doesn't make you impervious to getting covid, so I'd rather not risk bringing covid to my elderly grandmother. Especially given that I have had several coworkers sick with covid in the last 2 months and 1 of them, who was vaccinated, was so sick that they were out of work for over a month and a half.
(Like, nevermind that it means sitting around in a car for over 4 hours in total on probably not so great roads only to eat nothing but a variety of potatoes and maybe cranberry sauce because I'm the only vegetarian in the family so heaven forbid anyone make a garden salad. I tolerate that for Christmas usually anyway, though I would really rather not deal with it this year either. Like, do I want covid to run my life? No. But I don't really want to potentially be responsible for my grandma's death if she gets covid because of me.)
Old Posted 11-24-2021, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote