View Single Post
Queen of Typoes
right, my shortest NaNo was in 2016, with 50,366 words, which i finished on the 20th

my longest was my first one, in 2011. it was 65,020 words (finished on the 28th, but i got to the 50k mark on the 21st.)

i set my own internal challenges, and for most of the years i've done NaNo the dates line up: i try to have the word count by thanksgiving; and i try to have it finished by the 30th.

this year, with thanksgiving being as late as it can be (the 28th) my goal was to have the word count by the week before. (as it was i had the word count by the 16th and finished it on the 20th.

one of the goals of NaNo is to get you to write something every day. if you only write 1667 words each day, you'll have the word count by the 30th. i issued myself another challenge this year - consistently try to write MORE than the 1667 daily words. the only days (there were three of 'em) that i was less than 1667 words was after i already had the word count.

i'm a dork, i do a lot of playing with spreadsheets for these numbers. ;)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-27-2019, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote