View Single Post
Icy Footed
Default   #13  
Of course when I go to take it in to get fixed, my laptop THEN decides to behave itself.. <_<;
*eyes keyboard suspiciously* hmmmm, betternotf*ckupagain..grhrhrhrph..
I suppose that means I can now hopefully type normally and get back to the character profiles! :D Yay!

I'll post the one I have finished for now. Though she doesn't have a picture (yet). <:/

Name: Kelsi

Species: Forest Elf

Appearance: Chestnut wood skin, long thin ears, light brown hair that fades into a light moonlight blue, light blue starry eyes, and blue markings on her cheeks and bridge of her nose. She wears a regal looking, ceremonial dress with a hood and pale gold armlets. She also wears a jewel at her neck reflecting crystalline but murky water.

Background: Kelsi is an oracle for her people the elves of the crescent forest. She was born with a mark on her wrist, and spirit-protected blue eyes that signified purity and sure enough she developed a special gift. Kelsi could see and communicate with the spirits of the universe and through their wisdom and power, she can foretell the future, speak of certain prophesies and find spirits of ancestors or people of special significance, long dead. Kelsi however doesn’t care too much for her role, seemingly determined for her at birth. She was raised for her future role as an oracle without much interaction with other elven children. As an oracle, Kelsi was to remain pure, obedient, unbiased, and abstaining. She was only mainly educated in literacy and in history. As a child, she could not play for very long, as she had to study ancient runes, learn forgotten tongues, train her mind to withstand the possession of spirits, and establish a bond with an animal guide to help her reach out to other spirits. She was also expected to lead songs and chants in celebrations for spirits and to learn etiquette in meeting with prophets and other oracles. Most oracles are either chosen at birth, or are repurposed mediums, and some are quite old. Though elves are immortal and youthful in appearance, age can often be determined by the lightness and length of their hair, and depending on the type of elf, their spirit signature.

Kelsi though very good at her role as oracle, finds herself rather stuck in a place she didn’t choose for herself, when one day she is chosen to meet with the lord of the silver elves, from deep within the white forest. The lord asks her to look into his future, but when she does, much to her shock and disbelief, she sees herself beside the silver lord, as his wife. She finds out the silver lord has foreseen this future before her arrival and admits he was curious to see who she was. Kelsi, though flattered, was put on the spot when he asked her for her hand. She did not know if it was destiny or if her future as well as his, could be changed, as Oracles are always taught that the future is written in stones in a never-ending spiral. Though she didn’t love him, she also knew it was unbecoming to deny a lord’s proposal. And yet, it wasn’t right for her to marry so young and so early in her Oracle position. She told the lord she would think on his offer, and the lord, confident in the future, patiently allowed her the time to succumb to the inevitable. But is it truly her future? She doesn’t dare let herself rest, until she finds out for certain, and keeps hope that her soul’s feeling that she can change her future, is true.

Likes: Nature, singing to spirits, taking care of her animal guide (a doe spirit she calls Selarun), moonlit nights, warm teas, legendary myths, reading about great tragedies and great triumphant romances, places with rivers or streams or waterfalls, looking at art, helping lost spirits, shimmering things, decorating graves and trees, and the scent of a fresh rainfall.

Dislikes: Tales of death, quiet in darkness, frightful spirits, being ill which is rare for elves, talk of conflict or war, the sound of ravens, watching something (animal or plant) die, blood, fog, and thievery.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-15-2019, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote