Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Developer
My grandfather slipped into nonresponsiveness a couple days ago. He's showing signs of multiple organ failure, if I understand what my mom said.

My family has had to make the decision to discontinue any care except to keep him comfortable. He's probably going to pass away in the next couple of days.

He's been dealing with progressive dementia for the last few years. The last time I saw him, at my cousin's wedding, he barely knew who I was. Since then, his condition has declined dramatically. Even before he stopped responding, there wasn't anything left of his personality. He had become reactionary and violent, responding to anything that caused even the slightest stress with aggression... including his own wife trying to help him with his clothes when he couldn't undress by himself to use the restroom.

My family are all taking this with very level heads. In a way, my grandpa has been dead for a long time, and his body has just been walking around without him. So while I'm sad, I'm also at peace. This isn't hitting nearly as hard as when my other grandpa passed away, because I've had time to prepare.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-25-2022, 06:05 PM Reply With Quote